Jonathan David

Vince193

1 minute ago, dyslexic nam said:

It is a goddamn mess here.  Personally we got away very well - lost and apple tree and a bunch of branches down but nothing happened to the house or car.   Power is out and will be for a couple of days so probably losing 2 freezers worth of food - but other than that we are good.  Took a lot of precautions and they paid off (a large branch fell where the car was parked before I moved it closer to the house).  The biggest thing for us was that we had. I cell service for a long time.   With phone now coming in over internet (which does with the power) we were incommunicado until this afternoon.  

Lots weren’t as lucky.  Trees down everywhere, power lines and poles snapped, structural damage to pits of buildings.  Fiona was a real bitch.  I am even going to have to watch the game against Uruguay at my brothers and listen to him complain about soccer.  

Thanks for asking.   Been a taxing couple of days.  

Thanks and so sorry to hear it was so rough. Get the feeling the news gives you a fragment of some "highlight" and ignores the rest. Then weather reports online downplayed it, it's been harder to get accurate reports.

You're in Charlottetown?

19 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thanks and so sorry to hear it was so rough. Get the feeling the news gives you a fragment of some "highlight" and ignores the rest. Then weather reports online downplayed it, it's been harder to get accurate reports.

You're in Charlottetown?

Just outside it, yeah.   The north shore got absolutely wrecked.   There are sections of the national park where the road is apparently gone.  I am just going off bits and pieces because cell service is so shit still.  

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Just outside it, yeah.   The north shore got absolutely wrecked.   There are sections of the national park where the road is apparently gone.  I am just going off bits and pieces because cell service is so shit still.  

Wow, sounds like you guys got really slammed, sorry to hear that. Glad to hear things weren't worse for you than they could have been.

My folks back east were telling me there were a couple of homes on the west coast of the Island (newfoundland, not PEI) that got washed out to sea. Not sure if they were occupied or not.  

7 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I'm sorry to hear too, it's the right time to meet and support neighbours. Be well.

15 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Glad to hear you made out ok. So sad to see all that destruction on the east coast. It makes us realize how fragile life can be.

And the amazing news is that we just got our power back.  Woo hoo!   Lots still without it on the Island but it sometimes pays off to live on a major (for PEI) transportation artery - power for a lot of people east of our house depends on the power lines running past our front yard so we are usually among the first to be restored.   

Definitely happy to see the lights come on.  

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

And the amazing news is that we just got our power back.  Woo hoo!   Lots still without it on the Island but it sometimes pays off to live on a major (for PEI) transportation artery - power for a lot of people east of our house depends on the power lines running past our front yard so we are usually among the first to be restored.   

Definitely happy to see the lights come on.  

Glad to hear that! I have a cousin who lives on Cape Breton Island, and his house is a total write off. They’re just happy they all got out safe.

On 9/24/2022 at 5:13 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

You clearly don’t. Countries don’t pay their sponsors for a kit. 

Nike didn’t make the 31 other kits but for the ones they did they certainly did make their kits and said “whatever” to us.

I am sure the detail about not creating a new kit for the World Cup was in the sponsorship contract. Any extra costs that Nike would incur would come out of the sponsorship money given to CSA. So in a way yes they would pay for this.

21 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

That explanation doesn't dispute mine.

It irrefutably does. Nike takes the risk and makes the bulk of the money. So in essence, they decided it wasn’t “worth it”. Nothing comes out of previously agreed sponsorship money to make kits. 

My personal opinion is that this all relates back to the lack of kits last fall/winter. CSA probably pushed for a ton of new kits and now they finally arrived and Nike is like “nah, you’re selling these” otherwise they release a new kit and suddenly all those kits they produced are 50% off.

Edit: having said that, I guess there is always the possibility that CSB has a non-traditional arrangement with Nike.

Edited by CanadaFan123

16 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

It irrefutably does. Nike takes the risk and makes the bulk of the money. So in essence, they decided it wasn’t “worth it”. Nothing comes out of previously agreed sponsorship money to make kits. 

My personal opinion is that this all relates back to the lack of kits last fall/winter. CSA probably pushed for a ton of new kits and now they finally arrived and Nike is like “nah, you’re selling these” otherwise they release a new kit and suddenly all those kits they produced are 50% off.

Edit: having said that, I guess there is always the possibility that CSB has a non-traditional arrangement with Nike.

I'll take "irrefutable, but maybe not".

Fabrizio Romano continued to say nice things about David in a column a couple days ago. 

Nothing new or earth-shattering but nice to hear and keeps him in the minds of big clubs.

“I think he’s a great striker, sometimes he’s underrated. He’s always scoring goals, still young, still able to improve ever more"

“I think after the World Cup his situation will be clear, let’s see if January or next summer. Fee could be around €35-40m but also depends on the performances this season.

“He was on Arsenal and Tottenham list one year ago then they decided to invest on Premier League proven players like Jesus and Richarlison.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/09/29/jonathan-david-arsenal-tottenham-transfer-interest/

53 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Fabrizio Romano continued to say nice things about David in a column a couple days ago. 

Nothing new or earth-shattering but nice to hear and keeps him in the minds of big clubs.

“I think he’s a great striker, sometimes he’s underrated. He’s always scoring goals, still young, still able to improve ever more"

“I think after the World Cup his situation will be clear, let’s see if January or next summer. Fee could be around €35-40m but also depends on the performances this season.

“He was on Arsenal and Tottenham list one year ago then they decided to invest on Premier League proven players like Jesus and Richarlison.”

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2022/09/29/jonathan-david-arsenal-tottenham-transfer-interest/

Fab is great with his sources but his expertise? €35-40m? They bought him for €30m. Also, look at other comparative transfer prices and from Lille in particular. 

11 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Fab is great with his sources but his expertise? €35-40m? They bought him for €30m. Also, look at other comparative transfer prices and from Lille in particular. 

Yeah, no idea. Sometimes depends on how bad the player wants to leave and what promises have been made by the club.  Ie. stay until the summer and we will let you go cheaper.  But I agree Lille have not let players go cheap in the past. 

On 10/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, narduch said:

The market value may actually be close to the truth and explains why Lille won't sell him yet. They want to make a larger profit obviously 

If you've had the player for a few years and he helped you win a league, you've already gotten back part of the cost. So the formula of paid  x sell for y is fine, but you can't ignore what the player did for the club and not take that into account when selling.

Clearly if he's a goal scorer, and if holds up the pace, that pushes up value. And at his age even more. But if he's just not amongst the killer strikers you can either keep him or sell below projected value and you're not losing anything.

Edit: had to add, the closer you get to the end of the contract the more you have to juggle value.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist