Scott Kennedy

18 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

No composure, always on the line of a big mistake as we have seen tonight. Spastic in his movements with no control.  Need to move on from him.

I think his reaction could have been better, but I don't think the OG is cause to move away from Kennedy. He has had good performances for Canada and has a lot more pace than McGraw. I still think he's the better option, personally. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

5 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I think his reaction could have been better, but I don't think the OG is cause to move away from Kennedy. He has had good performances for Canada and has a lot more pace than McGraw. I still think he's the better option, personally. 

He has more pace because McGraw is a giant 205lb guy that is not known for pace. Who has more composure? McGraw

No USA players within 6 feet. He left his marker 10 feet back. Why are you guys defending this? There's no one there to cover he needed to block out those 2 USA players that gave up on the play not tap in the GWG!!!

image.png.a757a4b0610664680e7a2dfa27f41840.png

Edited by SirBobsaget

4 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

Watch the replay he needed to stop his run way before the 6 yard box but continues to go in on top of he's keeper for no reason. You guys are so soft on him. There's a reason he barely played on a relegated GER2 team and is now out of contract.  

Just watched the replay again. Could he have stopped his run sooner? Sure. That would have put him in a less compromising position.

But I also saw Spoony not pick Busio up on the initial shot and both Vitoria / Miller were slow to clear the ball before Busio had a point-blank chance. If those guys had dealt with Busio, there would have been no rebound from Busio's shot. 

It was an unlucky OG overall. 

You guys are so damn soft. It was a dumb costly play that killed us from a fringe player. Why did he take two more step towards his GK at this point when the shot was off! He's not covering the goal he will just smother the GK and oh maybe bump in an own goal???

If he stops right there we win. But he keeps running for no damn reason but no one wants to have any accountability. We lost because of bad luck I guess you guys want to say???? If every team had a CB crowd the GK on their saves then there's is going to be own goals that's why you don't crowd then for no reason like this.

image.png.9f86d3a335f7ebcd30afe83dd46e2b37.png

Edited by SirBobsaget

7 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

You guys are so damn soft. It was a dumb costly play that killed us from a fringe player. Why did he take to more step towards his GK at this point when the shot was off! He's not covering the goal he will just smother the GK and oh maybe bump in an own goal???

image.png.9f86d3a335f7ebcd30afe83dd46e2b37.png

As mentioned, I agree that his positioning was not great. But we defended the play poorly overall.

If St. Clair didn't make that ridiculous kicksave, we would be cursing our whole backline and Busio would have a goal to his name.

Borjan made a ridiculous save in Edmonton that he had no business making. What if a Canada player decided to run into the  path of his push to tap the ball back into the goal? This is the whole problem. GK make super saves and push the ball out to areas that should be safe. If your own player decides to occupy that space for no reason then that is not an unfortunate own goal. Defenders should not be running into a GK making a save, its idiotic.

My prediction, this is the last call up. 

Edited by SirBobsaget

Mistakes by many caused that goal… bad luck that it rebounded in off Scott.  Kennedy still has room to grow… unfortunately injuries set him back this year as he made great strides the year before.  Really needs a lot of playing time and to remain healthy, wherever that may be, and surely he’ll get back on an upward trajectory again.

12 minutes ago, SirBobsaget said:

Borjan made a ridiculous save in Edmonton that he had no business making. What if a Canada player decided to run into the  path of his push to tap the ball back into the goal? This is the whole problem. GK make super saves and push the ball out to areas that should be safe. If your own player decides to occupy that space for no reason then that is not an unfortunate own goal. Defenders should not be running into a GK making a save, its idiotic.

It was a split-second reaction. I'm not going to support banishing the guy for being a yard ahead of where he should have been when the whole play was a clusterf*ck and required a miracle save from the GK. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

That's some crazy emotional takes Sir.... 

This is a guy who has consistently leveled up his entire career from the Germany 5th division to the 2.Bundesliga. He's actively linked to the Austrian Bundesliga and more established squads in 2.Bundesliga and has interest from the Eredivisie, the Belgium top flight, the Bundesliga, and MLS. Not to mention at one point the Bundesliga website quoted him as, "....one of Bundesliga 2's most promising defensive talents...". None of this occurs without a solid body of work, over all his minutes played for club/country.

Furthermore, acting like he's "out of contract" because Regensburg don't want him is stupid. They know they can't resign him due to the interest elsewhere at better levels than what Regensburg can obviously offer.

It's already been stated on here about his injury difficulties, which likely have hampered his progression / development slightly and limited his minutes last season. However, CBs often reach their prime in their late 20s / early 30s anyway, so he has room and time to progress even further than he has if he can stay healthy. 

Between this and some of the wild takes I've seen on social media, it reminds me of the heat Vitoria used to get circa 2016-2019. But from 2021 to date, Vitoria has been a key foundational piece for Canada's backline. A perfect example of why Kennedy shouldn't be and won't be written off by those who make those decisions.

Edited by Güerito

18 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

Watch the replay he needed to stop his run way before the 6 yard box but continues to go in on top of he's keeper for no reason. You guys are so soft on him. There's a reason he barely played on a relegated GER2 team and is now out of contract.  

Remember when you tried to claim users were trying to “drag McGraw down”  in the match thread for talking of his weaknesses.

I think you’re showing us what dragging a player down really looks like… 

Edited by Pottsy3

16 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

Not at all. You go to help clear a rebound or use your body to protect the keeper so he can control. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with returning towards goal in that situation.

Are you aware of what a tiny % of chances has the rebound go straight to his body hard enough to go straight into net where the keeper can't get it? 

15 hours ago, SirBobsaget said:

My prediction, this is the last call up. 

You are seriously confused dude and have obviously never played. I mean, you're actually embarrassing yourself with this silliness.

On 7/10/2023 at 7:27 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

You are seriously confused dude and have obviously never played. I mean, you're actually embarrassing yourself with this silliness.

Or he maybe played and had one own goal bounce off of him, and then forever changed his game to shut off close to goal and never had any more own goals, but lots of players he should have been covering tapping in crosses and rebounds close to goal the rest of his playing days.

It's too bad Kennedy didn't play more so we could have a larger sample size.  He certainly didn't cover himself in glory this summer in the time he got.  Fair or not, his stock has dropped significantly in my view.  He needs to find a club and play consistently.  I still have hope for him but Herdman is right to look to the next crop of defenders.  With Vitoria's days numbered, Miller, Kennedy and Cornelius don't fill my heart with a sense of peace.   

25 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

It's too bad Kennedy didn't play more so we could have a larger sample size.  He certainly didn't cover himself in glory this summer in the time he got.  Fair or not, his stock has dropped significantly in my view.  He needs to find a club and play consistently.  I still have hope for him but Herdman is right to look to the next crop of defenders.  With Vitoria's days numbered, Miller, Kennedy and Cornelius don't fill my heart with a sense of peace.   

Was his move to Austria not already officially confirmed?

2 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

The big part of his becoming a regular stater is his being durable apart from injuries that are certainly more one off (i.e. cheek bone fractures).

Kennedy has looked the best for us when playing on the left side of our back three, his strong side. Herdman has given that spot to Miller. If I am not mistaken...Kennedy never played that spot this summer. He looked very uncomfortable on the right. He was not as commanding as Vitoria in the center of the 3. I'm not sure how much experience he has in that position either. Playing in the center of a back 3 is much different than playing in the center of a back 4.

He still has a lot of attributes that I like. I am very comfortable with him as a Miller replacement and feel his ceiling may be higher than Kamal's if he can keep developing.

16 minutes ago, masster said:

Kennedy has looked the best for us when playing on the left side of our back three, his strong side. Herdman has given that spot to Miller. If I am not mistaken...Kennedy never played that spot this summer. He looked very uncomfortable on the right. He was not as commanding as Vitoria in the center of the 3. I'm not sure how much experience he has in that position either. Playing in the center of a back 3 is much different than playing in the center of a back 4.

He still has a lot of attributes that I like. I am very comfortable with him as a Miller replacement and feel his ceiling may be higher than Kamal's if he can keep developing.

I agree - I think its clear now that he's a LCB, period.  But with Miller and Cornelius there, it's a crowded position.  Would pay a king's ransom for a quality RCB right now though.  🙁

45 minutes ago, GasPed said:

I agree - I think its clear now that he's a LCB, period.  But with Miller and Cornelius there, it's a crowded position.  Would pay a king's ransom for a quality RCB right now though.  🙁

I never liked McGraw there in the 1st match, but he was better in the QF. He's not elite, but neither are Kennedy, Miller and Cornelius. He seems to be the same standard as the rest, which isn't a bad thing. He's someone who can come on and allow us to shift Johnston out wide to RB/RWB.