Marcelo Flores

SoccerJedi

Translated Article:

Canada is not giving up. After having the ticket to the World Cup in hand, the Canadians have another goal: to take Marcelo Flores to Qatar 2022. John Herdman, technical director of Canada, knows the potential of the Arsenal player and that is why he returned to the charge so that Flowers are dressed in red instead of green. Sources consulted by MARCA Claro assure that one of the promises is to take him to the World Cup in Qatar. They do not promise minutes, but an opportunity to earn them. Herdman's idea is to summon him to the senior team to be part of the World Cup process. With this they not only assure him a World Cup, but two. Taking into account that by 2026 Canada already has its place secured because they are local along with Mexico and the United States. Canada wants to take Marcelo Flores to Qatar 2022 "I would like to make my debut in the Premier League before I turn 19. That is my goal. And I would like to have my international debut properly with Mexico and hopefully participate in the World Cup in Qatar," he said in an interview. for Goal a few days ago. Marcelo Flores has just signed a great performance with the Mexican under 20 team in the matches that El Tri played in Uruguay where he shone with a couple of goals and consolidating himself as the figure of the Mexican youth teams. At Arsenal he is also having a good performance with the under 23 category. The media in England that follow the news of the London team suggest that he could soon make the step to the first team with whom he trains regularly.

8 minutes ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Translated Article:

Canada is not giving up. After having the ticket to the World Cup in hand, the Canadians have another goal: to take Marcelo Flores to Qatar 2022. John Herdman, technical director of Canada, knows the potential of the Arsenal player and that is why he returned to the charge so that Flowers are dressed in red instead of green. Sources consulted by MARCA Claro assure that one of the promises is to take him to the World Cup in Qatar. They do not promise minutes, but an opportunity to earn them. Herdman's idea is to summon him to the senior team to be part of the World Cup process. With this they not only assure him a World Cup, but two. Taking into account that by 2026 Canada already has its place secured because they are local along with Mexico and the United States. Canada wants to take Marcelo Flores to Qatar 2022 "I would like to make my debut in the Premier League before I turn 19. That is my goal. And I would like to have my international debut properly with Mexico and hopefully participate in the World Cup in Qatar," he said in an interview. for Goal a few days ago. Marcelo Flores has just signed a great performance with the Mexican under 20 team in the matches that El Tri played in Uruguay where he shone with a couple of goals and consolidating himself as the figure of the Mexican youth teams. At Arsenal he is also having a good performance with the under 23 category. The media in England that follow the news of the London team suggest that he could soon make the step to the first team with whom he trains regularly.

Translation: Canada is going to "call me up" for the WCQ, so don't let them beat you to it, Mexico :)

10 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I wonder if Herdman made the same "promise" to Jebbison lol 

I was thinking of this as well.

I have no issue with this. I known that some of the regulars might not make it if these guys do. But this would be for the long term success of out team. 

17 minutes ago, shortofbrillant said:

Could we bring him to the world cup, not play him, so he won't be capped tied and then after the world cup he gets capped by Mexico?.

Because that's what my brain twlls me will happen because of past trauma

He has to file a one time switch to play for us. And if he's going to the World Cup that switch will be filed. There's no chance we bring a player who cannot actually play for us. 

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

He has to file a one time switch to play for us. And if he's going to the World Cup that switch will be filed. There's no chance we bring a player who cannot actually play for us. 

I agree that we wouldn't call him up until he filed his switch. But technically, one can file a switch and if never played, can switch back to original association. One time switch is only one time if you ever get a cap (which, of course, is nearly always).

This goes against the whole “loyalty” and “brotherhood” talk but you can tell that Herdman has a hard on for Flores. I would love for this to happen - no offense to Wotherspoon or Piette or any other mid that would be left off the squad to make room for Flores - but i don’t see it happening. Mexico will fully cap him soon and I doubt Herdman has made this promise 

Edited by Floortom

57 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Translation: Canada is going to "call me up" for the WCQ, so don't let them beat you to it, Mexico :)

Exactly. This is a leverage article, with no basis in fact. Pressure Mexico by suggesting Canada is making an offer that would not make any sense. 

First, no one has any guarantee about going to Qatar. Second, although there is a core group, which we are fairly sure of, there are others on the fringe. Including players who have figured these last days. They have no idea if they are going and know they have to perform and stay healthy to enter the roster. 

No way Herdman would throw all that out, and the bonding of this supposed "brotherhood", just to offer a kid with no pro experience a spot. 

The only thing that could possibly make sense is that Herdman does no believe much in the brotherhood business, as shown this last window and esp. vs. Panama, so he can call in a kid at Arsenal and slap in the face a bunch of guys who are far ahead of him in football and professionally.

56 minutes ago, narduch said:

We called a Dutch 2nd tier player this qualifying cycle.

We played a kid with hardly any pro experience as well, who is extremely green and really not ready for the NT (Kone). 

At least Fraser is deserving and we've seen he actually performs well for us. Though it seems a contradiction, I explain it away like this: he has a shitty agent.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

That article, with no source and no foundation in any sort of truth, is written by a freelancer for Marca in Spanish based in Netherlands. I am sure he is very close to Herdman and has a direct line to what he is thinking (not).

Been reading the reactions from Mexico fans. They are surprisingly accepting, many think he should not go with Mexico, others feel that Tata has his group and won't take him. Many are discussing the possibility of a roster of 26 at Qatar, which could give them more leeway. Then they realise if he goes now, he would also have 2026 as another shot: Canada does offer a degree of continuity.

I don't see them upset really, I don't think it'll have any effect on the Mexican position.

29 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

We played a kid with hardly any pro experience as well, who is extremely green and really not ready for the NT (Kone). 

At least Fraser is deserving and we've seen he actually performs well for us. Though it seems a contradiction, I explain it away like this: he has a shitty agent.

Think he was talking about Brym, but Belgian 2nd division isn’t exactly a great level either.

1 hour ago, frmr said:

Don't know if Marcelo has done anything to suggest that he's a "brat".

I think he's just a kid trying to please his father who raised him, taught him the game and is his biggest fan.  His Dad wanted to see him play for Mexico and he has at the youth level and once for the senior team.  

• JamboAl changed the title to Marcelo Flores