Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

Went to the keepers taking the penalties, after two misses from each side in the first 5. The Nashville keeper missed after Callender hit his. 

All three Canadians on the field put their shots in.

I also like the fact that of the first Miami 5, Miller was asked to shoot 4th. Great vote of confidence from the coach and teammates for a defender.

31 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Went to the keepers taking the penalties, after two misses from each side in the first 5. The Nashville keeper missed after Callender hit his. 

All three Canadians on the field put their shots in.

I also like the fact that of the first Miami 5, Miller was asked to shoot 4th. Great vote of confidence from the coach and teammates for a defender.

Miller is in the core penalty taker team for Miami I believe. In round of 16, he was one of the 5 shoot out players who all scored and knocked out Dallas.

49 minutes ago, lamptern said:

Miller is in the core penalty taker team for Miami I believe. In round of 16, he was one of the 5 shoot out players who all scored and knocked out Dallas.

Cue the "why did Davies take the Belgium penalty" debate. 60 years from now, when Davies is invited into the broadcast booth at the Edmonton CPL purpose-built stadium to reminisce, Kristan Jack's grandson will ask him why the hell he took that penalty against Courtois when Kamal Miller was available.

9 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Not really. Don't know how people can make these statements, it's like some have never watched the game.

I don’t know what game you were watching but he got turned like a school boy, and the mistake should’ve resulted in a goal.  
For all Miller’s positive attributes, he consistently shows that he is not good enough against better opposition who turn him inside out too easily.  He has never been able to figure out how to compensate for his lack of quickness on the turn.

Just now, TOcanadafan said:

I don’t know what game you were watching but he got turned like a school boy, and the mistake should’ve resulted in a goal.  
For all Miller’s positive attributes, he consistently shows that he is not good enough against better opposition who turn him inside out too easily.  He has never been able to figure out how to compensate for his lack of quickness on the turn.

He's a starter for the hottest team in North America and Leagues Cup champ. An elite coach has him amongst the teams penalty takers along with Messi and Busquets. He plays beside Alba. And here you're trying to make a dumbass point about the MLS MVP turning him. Oh the leading scorer and best player in MLS until Messi turned Miller, let's pile on. 

I'm not the greatest fan, but I hate this gratuitous slagging of our NT players, and worse when it tries to be smart ass.

4 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He's a starter for the hottest team in North America and Leagues Cup champ. An elite coach has him amongst the teams penalty takers along with Messi and Busquets. He plays beside Alba. And here you're trying to make a dumbass point about the MLS MVP turning him. Oh the leading scorer and best player in MLS until Messi turned Miller, let's pile on. 

I'm not the greatest fan, but I hate this gratuitous slagging of our NT players, and worse when it tries to be smart ass.

Dude, relax.  My post was about one play where he was beaten badly.  My post directly after praised him for his penalty taking.  It’s called being objective.  
Miller was an all-star in the 2022 MLS season, so there’s much to like.  But we also have threads devoted to the shortcomings of our central D including Kamal.  

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Miller starting for Inter Miami in the semi final of the U.S. Open Cup.

In Canada, DAZN has the rights to broadcast this.

Somehow Miami win this despite Cincinnati leading by two goals at one point.

Millar doesn't look great on the first Cincy goal:

I have no idea where he is on the 2nd goal:

He was then subbed off soon after

@Olympique_de_Marseille you had to watch the game, as I did. 

Kamal was not great first half but most of Miami was listless and no one was really sharp. You wondered if they were tired, or if Cincinnati was just being itself, they are an incisive team in attack and well organised. Acosta in attack, Brandon Vazquéz, then Kubo in the second half, all dangerous players. 

Kamal was fine at the back, had a few forays going forward. As they were down a goal he seemed to have permission to push up as Busquets stayed back to cover. 

The first goal is a series of weird bounces and if you look carefully, Kamal comes over to cover from the other side and almost makes it stop that shot that squeeks in near post. I find it ridiculous someone could say it was on him when he is trying to make up for others defects.

On the second he goes on a jaunt forward, as it seems he was asked to do, gets caught out up high. But the Cincy counter is still just two guys and those Miami players behind Kamal just did not get to the trailing third attacker, Vazquez, who scored. 

He was subbed m. 58 as they were down 2-0 and I suppose they wanted to reorganise to attack better. Some of those Miami subs were quite good, like David Ruiz. Campana had a good game. What is admirable is that Messi, Busquets and Alba all played 120 minutes after a very busy month and in hot conditions, and all seemed to keep up the pace to the end.

2 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Thanks for the recap as I did not watch the game. I still think he could have been sharper on that first Cincy goal.

I'm probably being easy on him as I'm bothered some are being harsh. 

But you should look at the detailed replay of that goal, the freak bounces couldn't be predicted. He shifts to cover the open guy. Alba goes to pick up the one in the middle. It's correct defending.

He's a starter on the hottest team in MLS, Tata Martino hasn't replaced him. I read Inter press that said he'd been one of the better pieces on the team before Messi arrived. He's not at the level Alba or Busquets are used to, sure, and has to learn the movements (because they're playing the way the three ex Barcelona players are used to). I see he misinterprets when to send Alba the ball at times. He's an okay passer but not precise. I appreciate he could be replaced next year as he's not premium quality, but Inter could also decide to spend elsewhere and keep him on.

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I'm probably being easy on him as I'm bothered some are being harsh....

....But you should look at the detailed replay of that goal, the freak bounces couldn't be predicted. He shifts to cover the open guy. Alba goes to pick up the one in the middle. It's correct defending.

...He's a starter on the hottest team in MLS, Tata Martino hasn't replaced him.

I watched it several times and I'm not saying he blundered or was awful. I'm just saying that he could have been that little bit sharper. He moves to the correct place, but his legs seemed a little slow to react to that weird bounce.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

29 minutes ago, Atlantic said:

FotMob says he was the man of the match against Nashville. He made a phenomenal tackle on Muhktar in the second half 

https://x.com/intermiamicf/status/1697051932836180005?s=61&t=NTtDJBeSEaddbQ1qq60wYg

ESPNFC gave him some love.

https://x.com/espnfc/status/1697066481131851844?s=46&t=tKRu86Vea8ViJ1G0Nj6cIA

1 hour ago, Atlantic said:

FotMob says he was the man of the match against Nashville. He made a phenomenal tackle on Muhktar in the second half 

https://x.com/intermiamicf/status/1697051932836180005?s=61&t=NTtDJBeSEaddbQ1qq60wYg

The phenomenal tackle to stop a sure goal was from a chance created by Shaffelburg who set up Mukhtar with an excellent pass.

Edited by Gian-Luca

The really shitty highlights compilation on the MLS site doesn't even include Kamal's game-saving tackle, and also shows us clips of nothing happening while Taylor Twellman talks about whether Shaffelburg was offside on a play that I'm assuming he scored or assisted on as apparently VAR wiped out a goal he was involved in.

5 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

CR7 social media stans are war criminals 

I have made the mistake of following X/Twitter for really the first time this window because that is where all the transfer shows up first.

The only thing worse than the Messi/Ronaldo stuff are the dozens of American MNT accounts that have to detail every stat line, even when, for instance, Austin Trusty can't get by Lincoln in the Carabao Cup.

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford