Kamal Miller

Dub Narcotic

26 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Is that Shakira? From what I had heard about their divorce, that may be enough reason for him *not* to go to miami

Yes. Describing her as "Pique's ex" is rather strange given her level of independent fame and wealth.

Edited by RS
Spelling

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Yes. Describing her as "Pique's ex" is rather strange give her level of independent fame and wealth.

Oh yeah, there’s no comparison. My personal level of fame is probably closer to Piqué’s than his is to Sharika, and most of my public facing artwork can be found on the pages of this very forum.

8 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Sergio Ramos is a potential candidate.  He vacations regularly in US and I seem to remember him at Madrid discussing about joining the MLS later in his career.  He is also being heavily recruited to Saudi Arabia as well it seems. 

However, 1) he is a free agent 2) he was recently vacationing in Miami in the past couple of weeks 3) he has become close friends with Messi after spending a couple seasons together at PSG 4) there have actually been some concrete rumours linking him to Miami as well in the past couple of days.

Yeah, I heard about that a few days back. 

Have there been any vets who have turned down MLS for Saudi Arabia yet? I feel like everyone rumoured to MLS (Neymar to NYCFC now, apparently) ends up going. I feel like living in Miami + getting to be one of the best players in the league that has the most growth potential of any league in the world is too hard to turn down. Saudi money is nice, but nothing compares to American marketing dollars.

15 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

What is his contract with Miami? Is there a way that they have to offload him to bring in another Messi friend, or is he considered a homegrown player because he came up with Orlando? Veth said on a podcast that the move to Miami was make with the idea of him moving to Europe this summer, so I’ve always been under the impression that he’ll be gone before Messi arrives, either elsewhere in MLS or abroad.

Speculative from Veth.  I'm pretty sure Miami traded for him because he's agreed to sign a new deal and Montreal was motivated to trade him as they couldn't get more value from Europe than they could within the league.

6 hours ago, Footyeh said:

Speculative from Veth.  I'm pretty sure Miami traded for him because he's agreed to sign a new deal and Montreal was motivated to trade him as they couldn't get more value from Europe than they could within the league.

Yeah I know Montreal moved off him because they want to invest in Duke who will probably be more valuable to sell down the line, I just never thought Miller was going to be in Miami's long term plans- he goes there with the intention of being moved to Europe so Miami can open up a roster spot for a Messi friend, earn whatever they can off him + Duke's sell on clause, but seeing as he probably doesn't have as much interest as there may have been in December, I'd expect them to send him off to a playoff team or something. I don't think Miami is making the playoffs, and if they do, it's because Messi & company will wreck the league, regardless of Kamal. That's all speculative on my part though.

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Gian-Luca said:

Kamal returns the favour by coming off the bench to slap hands with Messi after he predictably scores late on a free kick

It was actually a rather spectacular performance, very sharp, and Busquets was sharp as hell too. I am not sure if Cruz Azul were really taking it as more than a glorified friendly, or were a bit freaked or in awe, but it was quite entertaining must admit.

Kamal, I think he was actually injured, but not badly. I was listening to ESPN in Spanish I think and they were saying his level was above that of the team since he'd arrived at Inter Miami.

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It was actually a rather spectacular performance, very sharp, and Busquets was sharp as hell too. I am not sure if Cruz Azul were really taking it as more than a glorified friendly, or were a bit freaked or in awe, but it was quite entertaining must admit.

Kamal, I think he was actually injured, but not badly. I was listening to ESPN in Spanish I think and they were saying his level was above that of the team since he'd arrived at Inter Miami.

Yup.

It had great atmosphere and action. Cruz Azul wastes a lot of good chances.

Should be noted that Cruz Azul started the Mexican season with 3 straight loses.

I switched to Austin v Mazaltan at half time and that one did have more a friendly feel to it.

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

He looked like he started to limp slightly before he went down, maybe it was just cramp with the 80% humidity. He went to the bench, not the dressing room, when subbed off which is usually a sign that it’s not serious, as was the expression on his face which never suggested concern 

1 hour ago, Gian-Luca said:

He looked like he started to limp slightly before he went down, maybe it was just cramp with the 80% humidity. He went to the bench, not the dressing room, when subbed off which is usually a sign that it’s not serious, as was the expression on his face which never suggested concern 

I just assumed it was one of those typical physical reactions when your balls start moving back and forth between your kidneys and your knees when you realise you are playing with Messi.

Am I right he plays on the right side of the defence, as fullback or CB? Asking since when Jordi Alba is fit in, he'll be in his spot on the left side, left back. Just wondering if that would affect Miller's playing time.

Mind you, if he is playing with those three that is going to be great for his development on a lot of levels. And I am not talking about his Spanish.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Am I right he plays on the right side of the defence, as fullback or CB? Asking since when Jordi Alba is fit in, he'll be in his spot on the left side, left back. Just wondering if that would affect Miller's playing time.

Mind you, if he is playing with those three that is going to be great for his development on a lot of levels. And I am not talking about his Spanish.

He was on the left side of the CB pair tonight 

12 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

he will also have a ton of covering and making up for mistakes to do...busquets in both games made huge giveaways in his third which could have turned to goals...then in the second half he was completely cooked and atlanta had a wide open midfield which should have turned into 2-3 goals but they missed every chance...now imagine if they bring a 39 year old iniesta to play beside busquets...lol

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Kamal is probably the second happiest man in America after Robert Taylor who Messi is going to get so paid it's not even funny.

Robert Tayler holy shit. The man has become a magician lol. Watching the last three games with Messi it's clear that the entire squad has raised its level. Very entertaining to watch.

11 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Robert Tayler holy shit. The man has become a magician lol. Watching the last three games with Messi it's clear that the entire squad has raised its level. Very entertaining to watch.

It's not even like with Gretzky in the 80s where it was clear the guys he was carrying to 50 goal seasons were plumbers, Miami's guys legitimately all look like world class players. Kamal is back to looking like he's European quality, Robert Taylor looks like he could play in the premier league tomorrow (that assist to Messi last night was ridiculous), Cremaschi looks like the next big thing, it's crazy. The pressure to not embarrass yourself in front of Messi has to be so intense.