Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

I’d like to see him join Forge short term for the CONCACAF League and Voyageurs Cup. Then make the next move in January. 

Such a move would be pocket change for Bob Young and would benefit both sides. It’s not like Forge needs to worry about a cap until April. 

Edited by CanadaFan123

Perhaps Straith will land back in Edmonton. He's played with the club before. He would give them cover for if/when Didic moves on. 

Cavalry is another club I can see him land with. Haber and Ledgerwood eventually wound up there after long careers in Europe. If Zator moves on than he'd provide cover and he'd provide competition for him, Wheeldon and Trafford if not. 

Pacific obviously makes sense too as he's from the Island.

I like the idea of him to Whitecaps on a short term deal, I am just not sure there's a need. Cornelius, Rose and Veselinovic are holding down the fort now. Khmiri waiting in the wings. Godoy is a natural CB. Tough to say if he'd be needed, but I do like the idea of it.

58 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I’d like to see him join Forge short term for the CONCACAF League and Voyageurs Cup. Then make the next move in January. 

Such a move would be pocket change for Bob Young and would benefit both sides. It’s not like Forge needs to worry about a cap until April. 

It's an interesting thought. Forge may want to juice up their roster by signing a few players in a short term contract. 

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Hmmmm, has Will Johnson surfaced yet?? Or is he still hawking underwear??

On 9/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

Good call .. CM is a spot Forge needs some depth at for sure. The starting options are great but there is no backup. 

Johnson made too much money in MLS to accept the massive pay cut to join a CPL side. But he has been out of the game for a little while so who knows. Seems like he's gonna retire though.

On 9/23/2020 at 5:05 PM, fil said:

Are you sure you want Will Johnson? He isn't the most likable guy...

Yeah but hes a guy that'll break his leg to win you a championship.  I dont know what his health situation is, but playing a year in CPL,  getting into some CONCACAF league games, maybe working his way into a coaching spot etc doesnt sound too bad.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

zorhan bassong

Despite claims to the contrary from his agent that it was happening, it doesnt look like he has a club. He looked a level above CPL imo. Given his flexibility he would fit fighting for minutes with gutierrez and nerwinski in Vancouver. 

I still hope he lands in Europe but it doesnt look promising as the months pass. I expect he will try turning the wheel of the January window and if he is still unattached CPL might well be a possible destination .

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Despite claims to the contrary from his agent that it was happening, it doesnt look like he has a club. He looked a level above CPL imo. Given his flexibility he would fit fighting for minutes with gutierrez and nerwinski in Vancouver. 

I still hope he lands in Europe but it doesnt look promising as the months pass. I expect he will try turning the wheel of the January window and if he is still unattached CPL might well be a possible destination .

If morrow leaves maybe TFC could use him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Brian Wright and Mathieu Laurent, both of whom played with the Birmingham Legion FC of the USL Championship last year are now free agents.

Brian was with the New England Revolution a few years ago and had a great start to the 2020 season with Birmingham before fading towards the end.  Mathieu had some tough luck after tearing his ACL in September.  I think both of these players would be fantastic pickups with the right CPL team.