Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I swear, did this kid **** in your cornflakes or something??  What do you have against him??  After the first season he was one of the more promising "finds" of the entire league.  

There seems to be a bit of that cynicism going around.   Maybe people are just going COVID crazy.  

If I'm Valour, I make the mother of pitches to Julian Dunn. Unless transfermarkt is mistaken, his contract with TFC expires November 20, 2020.

Gale has to make a pitch with a clear project for him like keeping Jean-Baptiste and building around him. Throw in there actively working on a loan in Europe during the off-season and selling him that the team will do everything in it's power to lead him towards a "Waterman" type of deal in MLS or Europe by grooming him to be one of the leagues best defenders.

Also, sell him on the CanMNT willingness to call up CPL defenders like Didic and Zator.

They have an opportunity here but they need to convince him not to resign with TFC if they offer him an extension.

That's my thought

13 minutes ago, Ansem said:

If I'm Valour, I make the mother of pitches to Julian Dunn. Unless transfermarkt is mistaken, his contract with TFC expires November 20, 2020.

Gale has to make a pitch with a clear project for him like keeping Jean-Baptiste and building around him. Throw in there actively working on a loan in Europe during the off-season and selling him that the team will do everything in it's power to lead him towards a "Waterman" type of deal in MLS or Europe by grooming him to be one of the leagues best defenders.

Also, sell him on the CanMNT willingness to call up CPL defenders like Didic and Zator.

They have an opportunity here but they need to convince him not to resign with TFC if they offer him an extension.

That's my thought

Hes too good for the CPL. If TFC doesnt want him he could go somewhere thats a higher level imo. 

4 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Hes too good for the CPL. If TFC doesnt want him he could go somewhere thats a higher level imo. 

Agreed but it was just 7 games after all, he needs to play and do it again over a full season. Then you'll see clubs come knocking.

He just needs to keep in mind that he needs to play lots of minutes to puts himself in a spot that will get him noticed. If another MLS clubs wants to get him now, I'm all for it but he gets all the minutes he wants at Valour if he picks them

An MLS bench is less likely to get you called to the national team. In the end, all depends on his ambition.

Lastly, he's on a $57K salary, pay the man - he proved to be worth it

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Agreed but it was just 7 games after all, he needs to play and do it again over a full season. Then you'll see clubs come knocking.

He just needs to keep in mind that he needs to play lots of minutes to puts himself in a spot that will get him noticed. If another MLS clubs wants to get him now, I'm all for it but he gets all the minutes he wants at Valour if he picks them

An MLS bench is less likely to get you called to the national team. In the end, all depends on his ambition.

Lastly, he's on a $57K salary, pay the man - he proved to be worth it

https://www.sportekz.com/football/toronto-players-salaries/ hes on 81k which is about 20 more than any CPL player. with Zavs and Ciman likely gone at the end of the year he will get a shot to be a bench player. 

31 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

https://www.sportekz.com/football/toronto-players-salaries/ hes on 81k which is about 20 more than any CPL player. with Zavs and Ciman likely gone at the end of the year he will get a shot to be a bench player. 

I'm more pro player than pro player than anything else so I hope you're right and this scenario happens.

I'm skeptical because I have my doubts that this is what Vanney will do, I think he's more likely to sign replacements than play Dunn. It would be different if he was under Dos Santos

He's a "homegrown" so would he dominate in CPL, more clubs league wide would be interested. Hard to raise your value off the bench or in USL-One. Hope he thinks about it

Edited by Ansem

I really hope Zavaletta and Ciman are gone next year. And I would love to see Dunn get playing time at TFC, but I am sceptical enough that I would rather see him go to CPL again next year. If he does I think he could get sold to a better league, at least he has the potential to have that kind of season.

15 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I would assume Zavaletta will be offered a contract by TFC but likely at a reduced rate. As long as another team isn't willing to pay more he will stay. I would assume that they would give Dunn a chance over Zav. He has hardly played and this shows that they do not have a lot of confidence in him.

These are all good assumtions.  However past performance would indicate that Zav will get another raise...400g maybe (i think at this point he is Vanneys personal assistant), Romeo, Boskovic released, Dunn wastes another half season with USL-1/deep on TFC bench playing tiddly winks with Okello and Nelsen while some high priced CB with a pedigree from a big european club comes in and takes half the season to realize he hates turf, doesnt like travelling and MLS is not the league for him.  

Guys remember when the 3 teams went on a "signing spree" locking up all their academies and talent they could find before CPL launch? Those were for the most part short term deals and with CPL demonstrating that being signed to MLS or Europe if they perform well will have a bunch of them think really hard if they should sign an extension or look at their options, one of them being CPL

Edited by Ansem