Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

6 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

Which goes to show everyone how concerned the MLS clubs are about developing players.  They would prefer to have their young players sit at home rather than train in a professional environment and play minutes in meaningful games.

Well, I'm sure the young players not loaned are still training in a professional environment.  And so far, the CPL hasn't played any minutes.  Further, we don't know what MLS is even attempting to do longer term this year.  They may feel that given how this season is unfolding their young players may get a chance to contribute at the MLS level.  Look at the Whitecaps.  Five guys staying back from travelling to Orlando, so there's more opportunity than normal for the kids to get some playing time.

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

Never understood how some can praise the business-focus of MLS and turn around and ask CPL to leave their business interests at the door and just do the right thing.

Simple, those people are nothing more than corporate bootlickers. People who back and support an organization that is owned by a Bell/Roger's joint venture like organization.....it screams of maximum cuckoldery. 

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

Well, I'm sure the young players not loaned are still training in a professional environment.  And so far, the CPL hasn't played any minutes.  Further, we don't know what MLS is even attempting to do longer term this year.  They may feel that given how this season is unfolding their young players may get a chance to contribute at the MLS level.  Look at the Whitecaps.  Five guys staying back from travelling to Orlando, so there's more opportunity than normal for the kids to get some playing time.

I have yet to hear from you. I told you...it will be a bonding experience. 

The bigger reason why I am not keen on a tournament between CPL teams and TFC II is just the numbers. CPL has an 8 team league now and already has a vastly shortened amount of time to play meaningful games. Why use up more of that time with a 9 team exhibition tournament (more byes) rather than use that time for official games?

I agree with the poster who said TFC II should go to Saskatchewan to see if the summer soccer series can be saved.

14 hours ago, Kent said:

I agree with the poster who said TFC II should go to Saskatchewan to see if the summer soccer series can be saved.

The part I'll disagree with is any notion that it should be on TFC II to try to save the summer series in Saskatchewan.  If they're invited, sure, go and participate.  But it's the CPL that wants that as a market, it should be on them to organize/save the series and develop it there.

It wouldn’t hurt for TFC II to call up some potential options, especially for friendlies. What’s the harm in checking in with L1O to see if they will have any kind of a season? What’s the harm in seeing if Saskatchewan wants to have some friendlies against them? I don’t expect these things to pan out, just throwing some long shot ideas out there.

I can think of five players from last year's TFC II team who have now signed TFC MLS pro contracts.  Now I wouldn't expect them to break into the MLS team but since the pros are in a tourney now, then there'll be a compressed regular season followed by playoffs.  I'd expect there'll be a lot of two games per week especially with TFC not being given a bye to the semi-finals this year to the Canadian Championship like previous years.  That would mean six games instead of four.   I expect the five subs allowed per game rule will be extended until the end of the season.   I won't count MLS contracted players to drop down like Jacob Shaffelburg last year.  

So those players are defenders Julian Dunn age 19, and Rocco Romeo age 20  

midfielders Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty age 16 (youngest ever TFC pro), Noble Okello age 19 (named to full CMT last year)

forward Jayden Nelson age 17  

So that leaves a few good players, forward Jordan Perruzza age 19 who finished second in the scoring race in the USL League One with 15 goals.  

Selfishly I'd like to see midfielder Luca Petrasso age 20 join his brother Michael on York 9.  

Midfielder Luke Singh age 19 is listed on the TFC II sub-website as being 'loaned out' but I've read elsewhere that his deal to Brondby Denmark ended in December 2019.  

I also don't expect CPL would be interested in their six or so non Canadians.  

Also remember that defender Robert Boskovic is loaned out to Cavalry FC for the 2020 season (last year he was on a season long loan to Ottawa Fury in the USL but ranked one level higher than the USL level that TFC II played in).  

https://www.torontofc.ca/players/squad/tfcii   Here's the squad listing!  

On 7/10/2020 at 7:46 PM, Kent said:

It wouldn’t hurt for TFC II to call up some potential options, especially for friendlies. What’s the harm in checking in with L1O to see if they will have any kind of a season? What’s the harm in seeing if Saskatchewan wants to have some friendlies against them? I don’t expect these things to pan out, just throwing some long shot ideas out there.

I'd say there's a significant difference between having a local friendly against an L1O team vs moving the team to Saskatchewan for some games, not the least of which is the cost.

18 minutes ago, An Observer said:

Isn't Jeffery "unnamed trialist"? 😃

Ahhh. I walked into that one. I’m so starved for news that I was excited about a rumoured trialist.

That’s not even funny though. The team is too young to test my allegiance like that.

Edited by Aird25

3 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thing is, I just asked on the Pacific thread if PFC have any international roster spots left. 

I'll say why: think I saw a young player on my flight Sunday from Frankfurt to YVR. Now I'm wondering if he was a Canadian based in Europe. Could be wrong though. 

What gave away that he was a player?

4 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Thing is, I just asked on the Pacific thread if PFC have any international roster spots left. 

I'll say why: think I saw a young player on my flight Sunday from Frankfurt to YVR. Now I'm wondering if he was a Canadian based in Europe. Could be wrong though. 

I think it's been reported that internationals not currently with the squads won't be able to join the tournament. It might be a different story if the player is Canadian though

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

Canadians would never be denied of coming home. 

That doesn't mean they would be allowed to join teams if they have already established a bubble or similar protocols. I didn't say anything about entering the country

8 hours ago, Zem said:

What gave away that he was a player?

Well it was a quite young athletic fellow in a team's full travel gear all off the rack and shoes as if new and bag as well, didn't speak to him but he looked like a player. Since it was Barça gear I thought he was from their youth, since I've seen them travel many times.

But wasn't possible to speak on plane, he slept. I thought PFC trialist. Then also thought a UBC signing, some proud Catalán. But could have been a Canadian in Europe who's a Barça fan, didn't see him on my BCN - FRA flight. 

• 2 weeks later...