Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

He’s made it no secret that he’d like to play in @CPLsoccer again.....Just anywhere but Valour..

Might not be a bad shout for his return though. They have plenty of midfield options but most are attacking. Following LBG to Halifax  or even a Pacific trip might be a possibility too. 

No offense to Sacramento but he shouldn’t be welcome back to valour just like the rest of the players they released. If he can’t make it in NZ or Ireland he’s not that big of a player. 

9 hours ago, top cheese said:

No offense to Sacramento but he shouldn’t be welcome back to valour just like the rest of the players they released. If he can’t make it in NZ or Ireland he’s not that big of a player. 

I really hope Valour aren't making decisions out of spite like an ex gf/bf. They should be making player decisions strictly based on benefit to the team. Now if the player has no interest in staying there more than a year I can see them passing on him because of that.

1 hour ago, Ruffian said:

I really hope Valour aren't making decisions out of spite like an ex gf/bf. They should be making player decisions strictly based on benefit to the team. Now if the player has no interest in staying there more than a year I can see them passing on him because of that.

I don’t think it’s spite, you don’t have a culture around a team like they had last year. No need to bring back players who are not at a professional level. Or acted in an appropriate manner

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I hear Hume was spotted buying a new pair of wellies.  He may be coming back to go lobster fishing.   Seriously a guy like that could be a player/assistant coach in about 5min.  I hope he brings his hairdryer.  

God, don't keep it plugged in when he goes in the water...

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

I hear Hume was spotted buying a new pair of wellies.  He may be coming back to go lobster fishing.   Seriously a guy like that could be a player/assistant coach in about 5min.  I hope he brings his hairdryer.  

Are we seriously worried about Humey's hair getting wet?

1 minute ago, The Real Marc said:

Surprised after all these years over there that he’d uproot the fam. Agreed, he must be taking some kind of soccer job over here.

As someone who was quite recently resident in the UK, I'd suggest that now would be the perfect time to jump ship, for those lucky enough to have options.

28 minutes ago, Ivan said:

I get the feeling he could have taken a job with Onesoccer.  Just MHO.

He is much more interesting to listen to than Ollie or Larsson.  He prob wouldnt be as big a homer as Dunfield and Wheels.  I still hope its a playing gig, with an eye to coaching the next generation.  

There are so many really good/decent players out there that don’t have clubs. I love to see the CPL, specially Ottawa go after some of them. Yes some names are too good/expensive but we can dream lol. These players could really bring up level of play of the CPL and experience. 

CB - Kofi Opare

CM - Jonathan de Guzmán

CF - Simeon Jackson

CB- Frank Sturing

CM- Will Johnson 

CM - Massih Wassey

DM - Daniel Stanese

CF - Mark Gonzalez

GK- Jayson Leutwiler

CB - Mallan Roberts

AM - Nicolás Galvis

GK - Oliver Saundry

CM - Ben McKendry

CF - Aleksa Markovic

Loan ideas

CM - Leotrim Reka

DM - Matis Romero

4 hours ago, SpecialK said:

There are so many really good/decent players out there that don’t have clubs. I love to see the CPL, specially Ottawa go after some of them. Yes some names are too good/expensive but we can dream lol. These players could really bring up level of play of the CPL and experience. 

CM - Jonathan de Guzmán

Only if he's not considered a domestic player.

• 1 month later...

Ryan James won USL player of the week.  Playing some midfield as well for Pittsburgh, scoring 2 last week.  If he doesnt get papers to stay in USL he would fit nicely onto a CPL squad.  Funny that Skylar Thomas slipped right back into the USL and is starting every week for a good Riverhound team.  Maybe it was something in the Winnipeg water.  

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1120376

On 9/8/2020 at 11:07 AM, Bison44 said:

Ryan James won USL player of the week.  Playing some midfield as well for Pittsburgh, scoring 2 last week.  If he doesnt get papers to stay in USL he would fit nicely onto a CPL squad.  Funny that Skylar Thomas slipped right back into the USL and is starting every week for a good Riverhound team.  Maybe it was something in the Winnipeg water.  

https://www.uslchampionship.com/news_article/show/1120376

Evan James .. whatever happened to him .. is it too late for his cpl career