Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

6 hours ago, m-g-williams said:

if Fced follows its traitions of drafting locals kids from there academy / uofa program makes a mockery of this draft as they have already selected Chung & Cunningham. Bitar in here too. first player to be drafted three times lol

17 hours ago, yothat2 said:

if Fced follows its traitions of drafting locals kids from there academy / uofa program makes a mockery of this draft as they have already selected Chung & Cunningham. Bitar in here too. first player to be drafted three times lol

I doubt Edmonton will continue along that route with Koch at the helm.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him draft Farmer and Gardner, two players he had at VWFC2

FIRST ROUND

CPL draft

1) FC EDMONTON  — Thomas Gardner, midfielder, University of British Columbia

2) ATLÉTICO OTTAWA — Cristopher Malekos, defender, Carleton University

3) VALOUR FC — Yuba-Rayane Yesli, goalkeeper, University of Montreal

4) YORK UNITED FC — Christopher Campoli, midfielder, Ontario Tech

5) PACIFIC FC — Christopher Lee, defender, University of British Columbia

6) CAVALRY FC — Victor Loturi, midfielder, Mount Royal University

7) HFX WANDERERS FC — Stefan Karajovanovic, forward, Carleton University

8) FORGE FC — Garven-Michée Metusala, midfielder, Concordia University

SECOND ROUND

9) FORGE FC  — José Maria Ribeiro da Cunha, defender, Cape Breton University

10) HFX WANDERERS FC — Kareem Sow, defender, University of Montreal

11) CAVALRY FC — Ethan Keen, defender, Mount Royal University

12) PACIFIC FC —  Victory Shumbusho, forward, University of British Columbia

13) YORK UNITED FC — Danial Rafisamii, midfielder, Ontario Tech

14) VALOUR FC — Tony Mikhael, defender, Carleton University

15) ATLÉTICO OTTAWA — Reggie Laryea, defender, York University

16) FC EDMONTON — Jackson Farmer, defender, University of British Columbia

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Is there any type of Salary assistance for the clubs with the draft picks? 

Just don't understand why Farmer would get picked, generally but also when he is available for nothing anyway. Seems a waste of a pick to me. I know Koch knows him from VWC but surely he would come train like he did the last year when he didn't get a contract. Would be a great story if he can turn things around though at 26.

8 minutes ago, MM3/MM2/MM said:

Former Whitecaps player Gerson Koffie returns to North America tp play for Indy 11.  interestingly Transfermarkt shows him as having his Canadian citizenship, possible CPL player somewhere down the line?

Think he got that while still in Vancouver didn't he? It is just he, at the time at least, couldn't represent Canada as he wanted to due to the eligibility rules. Shows how far we have come that we were really hoping we could get him into the CMNT. He wouldn't make the A or B team now!

Definitely could see him at Pacific if he is still half as good. He loved Vancouver and Canada. 

55 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

When of my favorite Whitecaps. Good technical player and great dude. Would love to see him in the CPL

I talked to him when Vanc. came to play the Impact ( a few years back) and I had asked him when would he be eligible to play for us and he told he "very soon". Don't know what happened!

Edited by MtlMario

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Think he got that while still in Vancouver didn't he? It is just he, at the time at least, couldn't represent Canada as he wanted to due to the eligibility rules. Shows how far we have come that we were really hoping we could get him into the CMNT. He wouldn't make the A or B team now!

Definitely could see him at Pacific if he is still half as good. He loved Vancouver and Canada. 

See above.

2 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I think Kamron Habibullah will be in the CPL this year one way or another, we might see more loans from Impact, VWFC and TFC, the 3 of them are overloaded with youth who need to play and not all of them can challenge for spots.

I agree. I think TFC loanees will come a lot later than the other two Canada clubs just because of the new manager situation. But it will be interesting to see where Jahkeele, Jacob, Jordan, and Ralph end up. I can't see them all staying. 
Julian, I think will stay just based on TFC only having 3 cbs at the moment. 

51 minutes ago, Shway said:

I agree. I think TFC loanees will come a lot later than the other two Canada clubs just because of the new manager situation. But it will be interesting to see where Jahkeele, Jacob, Jordan, and Ralph end up. I can't see them all staying. 
Julian, I think will stay just based on TFC only having 3 cbs at the moment. 

If Jozy moves I believe Jordan will be right behind Ayo, he is rated.

i expect to see Jacob to HFX, but maybe he’s the solution on the wings ?

Jayden is most likely to get loaned I think, possibly York or Hamilton, maybe Ottawa ? I think Priso will start and won’t look back and Jakehele could be ready as well, they’re overloaded with talent. I’m not sure how they can keep their current roster intact and develop the youth, Fraser Okello, Priso.... just so much young talent that needs a chance.

38 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

If Jozy moves I believe Jordan will be right behind Ayo, he is rated.

i expect to see Jacob to HFX, but maybe he’s the solution on the wings ?

Jayden is most likely to get loaned I think, possibly York or Hamilton, maybe Ottawa ? I think Priso will start and won’t look back and Jakehele could be ready as well, they’re overloaded with talent. I’m not sure how they can keep their current roster intact and develop the youth, Fraser Okello, Priso.... just so much young talent that needs a chance.

Tfc would have endoh and Gallardo  on the wing and that's it if shaff, Nelson and jakehele get loaned out. Yuck.

Tfc can send players to tfc2 while Montreal and Vancouver don't have usl teams. 

22 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Tfc would have endoh and Gallardo  on the wing and that's it if shaff, Nelson and jakehele get loaned out. Yuck.

Tfc can send players to tfc2 while Montreal and Vancouver don't have usl teams. 

I forgot about their USL squad, makes me wonder if MLS will force teams to have an affiliate ? I know Vancouver will have a U-23 team and Toronto is expected to eventually have another team (Can PL rumoured).

I didn’t know the 3 were wingers, if Piatti comes back that’s another option, i think it’s fair to say then that those 3 won’t be loaned and 2 of them might even start.

CF Montreal has loaned Tomas Giraldo to a Can PL club. Renard said that the leagues teams have been reaching out for their young players, he also wants to monitor them and make sure they play/develop. This means that it is very likely that Giraldo, Ferdinand and Yao will be playing big roles. I’d also bet more loans from MLS teams will be announced, not sure what it says about local youth talent but I’d imagine the MLS 1st team talent is ahead of what our CPL teams have in most cases, would like to see them sign more young players from their cities but I can imagine that will take time everywhere and more so in a place like Halifax.