Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

Really enjoy seeing some of the names being signed, Canadians with real pro experience and they will hopefully bring some quality to the league.  But what I think us as Canadian fans should be most excited about is when the teams start to sign young Canadians 17, 18 years old that most of us haven't heard of before and those players start earning more playing time compared to some of the more established players.  That's what I'm really looking forward to seeing.

His footage is pretty decent. Powerful CB that is good with the ball at his feet. Probably needs to focus on defending first, but still decent. I think the rumours are created by people around him to generate interest, and he's just playing for one of those showcase academies you have to pay for. But like I said, his youtube footage is decent which suggests he's not entirely a fraud(assuming it's actually him in the video)

If we are to expect 23-man rosters, by spring training, in early March, that means we should be seeing 3 signings a team per week until then. 

I am just saying this as to me, the pace has been slow until now. In dribs and drabs. 

Do others also feel we are going to see signings to fill in key roster spots of the next month or so, what will look like starters plus main subs, and then, towards the end, they'll fill in with players of a lesser status whose announcement would not garner so much interest? Which would also be the way to commit the largest chunk of player budget where it counts, and then sign the rest on semi-pro terms?

I would think they are not going to have third keepers. The key would be to identify some strong local amateur, or college kid, and have them on reserve or even training with them regularly, since with two keepers you can't really do all the training you need.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

2 hours ago, KW519 said:

His footage is pretty decent. Powerful CB that is good with the ball at his feet. Probably needs to focus on defending first, but still decent. I think the rumours are created by people around him to generate interest, and he's just playing for one of those showcase academies you have to pay for. But like I said, his youtube footage is decent which suggests he's not entirely a fraud(assuming it's actually him in the video)

Do you have a link to this? 

Also interesting that he seems to have scrubbed his Instagram of everything.

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

I’m almost positive that this Junior Kingue is a fraud.  I saw a suspicious account on IG pumping him on the Forge page so I asked them what they knew... they told me that if I’m a journalist they can put me in touch with his agent, MINO RAIOLA.

Like come on, at least try to make it realistic.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

It’s interesting that a dude who claims to be with a highly touted club like Santos would have no statistics online nor a transfermarkt page. I think you’re on to something

3 hours ago, Keegan said:

I’m almost positive that this Junior Kingue is a fraud.  I saw a suspicious account on IG pumping him on the Forge page so I asked them what they knew... they told me that if I’m a journalist they can put me in touch with his agent, MINO RAIOLA.

Like come on, at least try to make it realistic.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali_Dia

but but he's the cpl's first wunderkind

42 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

It would be nice if youngsters like Chaim Roserie were being scouted for the league too. I got in contact with him  and he said he would be interested but no one contacted him.

Roserie is 20 and CPL clubs have already signed numerous players around that age. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the league, but since he's a domestic everywhere in the US I don't think it's particularly important.

Regardless, I doubt he'd actually want to play here. The Venerable Chaim would do well to wait for the savage Canadian Kick-and-Chase Hordes to reform somewhat before he comes down from his gilded throne of Total Football to grace us with his presence.

2 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

It’s interesting that a dude who claims to be with a highly touted club like Santos would have no statistics online nor a transfermarkt page. I think you’re on to something

Definitely some good research by @Keegan he definitely looks like a fraud. No mention of him anywhere:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-santos/kader/verein/221

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fc-santos-b/kader/verein/14701/saison_id/2018

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santos_FC_Reserves_and_Academy

The only hits on Google are from sketchy looking football blog sites. This will be fun to follow. 

Edited by ESG Shawn

57 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

As we've said on Canucks Abroad, he is on contract with Alcoyano, in the same division as Ballou in Spain, but is on loan to Novelda who loaned him to fourth tier La Nucia, who are a very good team leading their division. He has gotten few minutes, and from what I can see, is playing for La Nucia's B team, in 6th tier. 

If we are going to go for guys who are Canadian but have opted for other countries, Miki Cantave would be a better bet, at least he never dissed us, and seemed to have chosen Haiti after seeing his MNT chances with us would be slim. He's an attacking wing, is young, was at the same level as Aparicio and like him did get a bit of third tier playing time-- and I would imagine he'd be more grateful and gracious than Chaim, who seems like a total schmuck. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

6 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

In his interview with a french website, he said he didn't sign with Santos, he's only training with them

http://www.footmercato.net/bresil/info-fm-junior-kingue-ce-talent-francais-parti-tenter-sa-chance-a-santos-qui-prepare-un-eclatant_229656

Ses premiers pas au sein de l’écurie paulista se passent très bien, même s’il ne peut pas totalement en profiter. « Tout se passe très bien même si je ne peux pas jouer en match officiel à cause d’un document administratif », a-t-il indiqué, lui qui s’entraîne avec les moins de 23 ans mais a déjà pu effectuer des séances avec les professionnels, côtoyant notamment le futur joueur du Real Madrid, Rodrygo (17 ans).

I checked all over the web, especially in French medias, Junior Kingue really exists, he even has a facebook profile, he's 19 years old and didn't play since U-17 in DSR league in France. The problem is, we don't know his level since he didn't play since a while. I don't know if it is a good idea to sign him without a trial

Look at this article from ESPN Brasil
http://www.espn.com.br/futebol/artigo/_/id/4182920/santos-traz-frances-e-quase-brasileiro-para-o-sub-20-conheca

6 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Guess he has gotten over himself after his kick and chase comments

Also, don’t forget Di Chiara’s comments years back.  I saw some people on reddit having a go at him for that. 

Something along the lines of MLS being beneath him and him not being in a rush to play for Canada because we aren’t a big nation LOL.  At least Cavallini has some talent to back it up and even play for the national team. 

4 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Any guesses from the current rumours?  Or maybe an off the board pick?  I can see Hart coming in with a Trini or two for his next signings - that's really going to be his bread and butter with a lack of local talent to cherry pick.  

Ben Fisk/Ben McKendry.  That's my guess.

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

Any guesses from the current rumours?  Or maybe an off the board pick?  I can see Hart coming in with a Trini or two for his next signings - that's really going to be his bread and butter with a lack of local talent to cherry pick.  

How about a triple threat of Eddy Sidra, Eddie Sebrango and Eddy Berdusco signing for the Eddies?