Players you expect to see in the CPL

lazlo_80

17 minutes ago, Ansem said:

That's pretty exciting. No Canadians at Fulham anymore, but they definitely have a number of interesting young players on their PL2 team. Some senior internationals too, Mattias Kait has several caps (and goals) for Estonia and Luca De La Torre was recently capped by the US.

Edited by Zem

11 minutes ago, Zem said:

That's pretty exciting. No Canadians at Fulham anymore, but they definitely have a number of interesting young players on their PL2 team. Some senior internationals too, Mattias Kait has several caps (and goals) for Estonia and Luca De La Torre was recently capped by the US.

Can’t see it being anyone of note.  CPL is like national league/league two level so you have to put it in that context when thinking of who they could/would send.  

Got thinking about a conversation in another thread about the cores of the teams. Some teams do seem to be signing players that will have familiarity with playing with their teammates already which should help early on with chemistry, so figured I would do up a quick table to show which teams the CPL rosters have been pulling from thus far, and the percentage of the players drawn from said teams

Cavalry FC Calgary Foothills 86%
Forge FC Sigma FC 80%
FC Edmonton FCE Academy 67%
Pacific FC Vancouver WFC2 60%
HFX Wanderers FC Montreal 33%
York9 FC Vaughan Azzurri 29%
Valour FC WSA Winnipeg 25%

Thus far it seems like the HFX, York and Valour are a bit of a mish mash. 

-Cavalry is most impressive as their players all from the Foothills roster just last season that won PDL, so should mostly have their chemistry figured out

-HFX does seem to have a couple different groupings. A few of their players have also played together in Trinidad

-York9, I feel like with Carmine Isacco, a few more Vaughan Azzurri players will be signed before long, plus probably a few of the stronger players from other York Region teams in L1O

-Valour, like HFX has another pairing in which Murrell and Thomas have played together in University. But overall, their roster seems to be the most random which I had kind of expected. Would be helpful if they could sign Danto and Musse unless they choose to stick with Calgary

Edited by deschamp86

1 hour ago, deschamp86 said:

Got thinking about a conversation in another thread about the cores of the teams. Some teams do seem to be signing players that will have familiarity with playing with their teammates already which should help early on with chemistry, so figured I would do up a quick table to show which teams the CPL rosters have been pulling from thus far, and the percentage of the players drawn from said teams

Forge FC Sigma FC 80%

-Cavalry is most impressive as their players all from the Foothills roster just last season that won PDL, so should mostly have their chemistry figured out

-HFX does seem to have a couple different groupings. A few of their players have also played together in Trinidad

-York9, I feel like with Carmine Isacco, a few more Vaughan Azzurri players will be signed before long, plus probably a few of the stronger players from other York Region teams in L1O

-Valour, like HFX has another pairing in which Murrell and Thomas have played together in University. But overall, their roster seems to be the most random which I had kind of expected. Would be helpful if they could sign Danto and Musse unless they choose to stick with Calgary

Expect numbers at about 30% to be the maximum this year. If it isn’t, then we are in trouble. It is really hard to base anything on the players signed right now.

38 minutes ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Expect numbers at about 30% to be the maximum this year. If it isn’t, then we are in trouble. It is really hard to base anything on the players signed right now. I do however expect that it is likely that Cavalry, Forge and Edmonton will probably likely still be at the top

Yeah I don't expect the numbers will stay nearly that high, just thought it was interesting.

On 1/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, deschamp86 said:

Forge FC Sigma FC 80%

Why don't you set up another thread just for this, and monitor it?

Just add data categories as you go.

I think we'd appreciate it, really do. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, Keegan said:
On 1/16/2019 at 10:37 AM, Keegan said:

Nice list! Also:

- Mark Village (FCC)

- Nolan Wirth (Phoenix - now in VMSL)

- John Smits (where is he??)

- Marcel DeBellis 

Plus guys who should be looking for a loan.. Melvin, Pantemis and Busti.  

Including Stillo, who @RickC mentioned that’s about 15 keepers that could be potentially on CPL teams.  Assuming there are 2 keepers a team and Oxner will end up with HFX, there are about 10 spots remaining. 

Didnt Smits retire and take a coaching job at UT blues??

9 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

I am fairly confident that Nicolas Galvis will be signing with Valour FC.

Source? Maybe you know something the rest of us don't 

He's a solid player, the Colombian D2 is stronger than people think and was listed on the 40 man provisional roster for the 2017 GC 

Him being from St. Catherine's, ON (Niagara Region) was kinda he'd sign with Forge although if I recall correctly Jimmy Brennan did go to the Dominican Republic where he was training as part of a Caribbean showcase

Either way if true, Rob Gale and Valour have a great addition coming their way, I like that their midfield is looking full of young promise, talent and potential; the idea is to kickstart a lot of careers 

Sacramento (23), Muenkat (20), Carreiro (23 - Draft Pick), Gutierrez (21 - Rumoured) and possibly now Galvis 

would love to see Keven Aleman and Kianz Froese in CPL

Hope that after Year 1, players are fully convinced and decide to come back to play professionally here

2 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Source? Maybe you know something the rest of us don't 

He's a solid player, the Colombian D2 is stronger than people think and was listed on the 40 man provisional roster for the 2017 GC 

Him being from St. Catherine's, ON (Niagara Region) was kinda he'd sign with Forge although if I recall correctly Jimmy Brennan did go to the Dominican Republic where he was training as part of a Caribbean showcase

Either way if true, Rob Gale and Valour have a great addition coming their way, I like that their midfield is looking full of young promise, talent and potential; the idea is to kickstart a lot of careers 

Sacramento (23), Muenkat (20), Carreiro (23 - Draft Pick), Gutierrez (21 - Rumoured) and possibly now Galvis 

would love to see Keven Aleman and Kianz Froese in CPL

Hope that after Year 1, players are fully convinced and decide to come back to play professionally here

My sources are maybe a little odd but it is just the rumours circulating locally. Gale would’ve still been with Canada Soccer when galvis was called up to the senior camp a year or so ago under Zambrano (I grew up in the same city/same age group as Galvis)

1 hour ago, 1996 said:

On January 24th. at the OSA Soccer this Thursday they will be a League 1 Ontario player combine . This is for the CPL to look at some of the better players in League 1 Ontario and see if there might be a few players who could make the jump to the CPL this season .

do we know whether this will be open to the public?