Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who's on their high horse??  If you choose to help anther nation, bring glory to their program, win trophies for them etc I think that does say something about how much or what kind of CDN you are.  I

Not to pile on, but I am defending the maple leaf on this one.  Larin played at Sigma until he was 18 (and played in Canada up until that time).  Playing 39 games in NCAA doesn’t diminish that. 

He probably also get nailed to the bench once Altidore returns too. I can't wait until TFC loses its American influence. I've had season tickets since season 1 and I'm tired of being Team America

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

The way TFC plays and is built just don’t align, a shift to Armas style players has to happen, a few guys don’t look like they’re in the right spot right now. 

Yeah Armas should adapt to the players better. So far we have seen Morrow at LW, Delgado at RW, Deleon at the 10 lol, Ayo at RW, Okello at the 10. At one point I think half the team was being played out of position. Hopefully a full roster can spot this madness. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Yeah Armas should adapt to the players better. So far we have seen Morrow at LW, Delgado at RW, Deleon at the 10 lol, Ayo at RW, Okello at the 10. At one point I think half the team was being played out of position. Hopefully a full roster can spot this madness. 

Getting a healthy Poz and Soteldo in the lineup will help, Jozy isn’t a DP anymore let’s be real. I think an overhaul is in the works if Poz and Soteldo can’t carry the team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

Getting a healthy Poz and Soteldo in the lineup will help, Jozy isn’t a DP anymore let’s be real. I think an overhaul is in the works if Poz and Soteldo can’t carry the team.

Without these two TFC are going to be painful to watch. The rest of the roster doesn't bring much creativity or dynamic abilities to the table. But at least a number of Canadians are seeing the pitch so we can enjoy that.

Regarding Ayo - I just don't understand Armas' insistence on playing Mullins over him. Even if Ayo is a bit out of shape he's still way more talented and physically gifted than Mullins will ever be.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Without these two TFC are going to be painful to watch. The rest of the roster doesn't bring much creativity or dynamic abilities to the table. But at least a number of Canadians are seeing the pitch so we can enjoy that.

Regarding Ayo - I just don't understand Armas' insistence on playing Mullins over him. Even if Ayo is a bit out of shape he's still way more talented and physically gifted than Mullins will ever be.

For me it is just that I have seen pretty much nil from Mullins to justify the spot.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Without these two TFC are going to be painful to watch. The rest of the roster doesn't bring much creativity or dynamic abilities to the table. But at least a number of Canadians are seeing the pitch so we can enjoy that.

Regarding Ayo - I just don't understand Armas' insistence on playing Mullins over him. Even if Ayo is a bit out of shape he's still way more talented and physically gifted than Mullins will ever be.

Last year maybe eh?  I hope its just him not wanting to rush Akinola back.  From what he showed last year he is a much better option than Mullins and is closing in on replacing Jozy every day.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, canadianbacons said:

Without these two TFC are going to be painful to watch. The rest of the roster doesn't bring much creativity or dynamic abilities to the table. But at least a number of Canadians are seeing the pitch so we can enjoy that.

Regarding Ayo - I just don't understand Armas' insistence on playing Mullins over him. Even if Ayo is a bit out of shape he's still way more talented and physically gifted than Mullins will ever be.

They have some nice prices I don’t think there’s many with a better full back duo in MLS, and it’s not to say that Nelsen or Rutty or Okello is bad, but there’s just a glut of Vanney players and Armas mentality. Either he the red bulls or be Vanney TFC not both.

I get you have to insulate the kids, I get there’s some big anchors, but please pick and identity. 
 

id do this:

keep longterm

POZ, maybe Oso, auro, Shaffleburg, Soteldo, Bradley, Mavinga, Deleon, Peruzza, Dunn, Romeo, Singh, Achara, Fraser

Realistically this is the core and future core group of Toronto, guys who hold the torch and the guys who will be around long enough to take the torch. Obviously some youth haven’t showed enough yet to say they could be more than MLS, so we can’t rule them out being a short term hold, and we won’t exclude and Auro sale as he’s very good. 

shorterm hold

Okello, Priso, Rutty, Akinola, Laryea, Nelsen, Westberg, Morrow, Endoh, Gonzalez, Bono

These guys either have something left to give or either are too good for the league (just Laryea) or will end up being too good/have potential to be more. I hesitantly put Endoh in here but he does show some flashes but could be redundant short term.

the dump pile/extra pile

zavaleta, altidore, Mullins, Dorsey, gallardo, Delgado

these guys either don’t fit the current scheme, are excess, or just not TFC material. I think Altidore and Delgado just need a change and we’ll Jozy isn’t a DP player and that’s a nightmare contract.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delgado would be the ideal player to move. 

Good age (26) with a ton of MLS experience. Comes with a degree of play off and CCL championship success, plus his 6 USMNT caps are the cherry on top for any American suitors.

He would help a lot of teams and for Toronto it would clear out the log jam in midfield.

And on a personal note, I won't have to read other posters crying about Delgado. So...win-win-win :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really a surprise...
I don't even think he's an honourable mention at this point, as theres a lot more names who are on the same level. In addition to the guys who could emerge like Mason Toye - who's off to a good start.

I just hope when he does commit to us, its more Eustaqiuo and less Ferreira. 
(Meaning he commits while he's in form/good vs when the US stops checking in on him.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that article, a washed up Jozy is ahead of him, what clearer of a picture can you get ?

I do think though that he can pass some of those guys long term but they’ll keep having more than emerge. 
 

if he becomes our next larin, he is likely to get many caps, but if he can’t find a higher level I do think someone else will emerge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alex said:

When I read that mls article the question for me is where would David, Larin and Cavallini rank amongst Dike, Sargent, Zardes, Jozy, etc. 

Agreed. I think we match them, clearly. Maybe we are missing equivalents to their numbers 6-10. 

Right now we are two CBs away from being as good as the US with our starting XI at least, forgetting depth. And that is a big gap unfortunately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Akinola is not in the same category as Larin. He's just not that impressive and doesn't have the size.. take away his goals in the MLS is back preseason tournament and you're left with very little. 6 goals in 32 appearances. 

I said if 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dominic94 said:

I said if 

I wasn't replying to you specifically, just when I think of Akinola I can't help but think of a "grass is greener on the other side" situation ala Akindele. I expect him to be more of a Akindele in our program than a Cavallini/Larin. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I wasn't replying to you specifically, just when I think of Akinola I can't help but think of a "grass is greener on the other side" situation ala Akindele. I expect him to be more of a Akindele in our program than a Cavallini/Larin. 

Oh ok fair wasn’t sure. It’s a fair question, was it an aberration or was it the start ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Akinola is not in the same category as Larin. He's just not that impressive and doesn't have the size.. take away his goals in the MLS is back preseason tournament and you're left with very little. 6 goals in 32 appearances. 

okay... so somehow goals in MLS is back now count for less? 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yes, just as preseason goals don't count. That tournament was akin to a preseason tournament in my eyes with the scheduling and game times.

okay, so what is the rational given everyone else was also in "pre season"... Does the 1st game of a season not count either cause players are still in pre season form? Where do you draw the line? First round CCL goals don't count either then? As far as I know MLS is back consisted of real competitive matches tied directly to the season.

Edited by LeoH037
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I saw that article, a washed up Jozy is ahead of him, what clearer of a picture can you get ?

I think part of it is that he accepted a call for Canada, but he's not as highly rated as say Effrain Alvarez , so the attitude seems to be "he's probably gone but meh, we're stacked and he'll have more of a future with Canada". 

I imagine they treat Ayo like we treated Telfer.

1 hour ago, Alex said:

When I read that mls article the question for me is where would David, Larin and Cavallini rank amongst Dike, Sargent, Zardes, Jozy, etc. 

David, Dike, Sargent, Larin, Cavallini, Zardes,.......Jozy.

Not my ranking per se, just how I imagine their fan base would rank those players.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...