Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

37 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

If his loan ends in June, is there a chance he is  sold to a bigger club? To  Europe? maybe a Spanish or Portuguese club. Penarol, his Uruguayan club, must be getting a number of calls coming to them. 

I am sure there are clubs taking notice, probably from Europe. It also wouldn't surprise me if some Brazilian and Argentine clubs were keeping a close eye on him too. 

Any 25 year old scoring at this rate in Liga MX is going to draw interest.

I personally would like to see Peñerol and Puebla simply make this loan permanent, rather than him transferring to another club or league.

He is already there. Doesn't need to re-prove himself. Let him continue for another year or two and then if he is still scorong he can then take another step up to Spain, Portugal, Holland, Argentina, Brazil etc.

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

The kid would be crazy not to pick Mexico lol

I dunno the others are Uruguay and Argentina I believe

1 hour ago, Boominbooty said:

If his loan ends in June, is there a chance he is  sold to a bigger club? To  Europe? maybe a Spanish or Portuguese club. Penarol, his Uruguayan club, must be getting a number of calls coming to them. 

He'll be joining Besiktas to troll Larin as revenge for the Gold Cup start

The thing I like about Cavallini  is he is product of our Canadian youth soccer system like Attiba having played all their youth soccer up until the age of 18 here in Canada , Canadian youth soccer with all its defects still is able to produce guys like Cavallini and Attiba . I get more satisfaction when players like this do   well than players who were never developed here in Canada and never played youth soccer here in Canada but are playing for Canada because they had a grandfather or a father or someone who was Canadian. I realize that many countries have players on their national teams that were not developed in their countries  and are only able to play for their countries because of a relative or some other connection to that country, but I just get more satisfaction when we see players who are raised soccer wise here in Canada do well in their pro soccer careers.

1 hour ago, jpg75 said:

Cavallini left for Uruguay to join Nacional at age 16.

In 2010 at age 18 just like Attiba and even Staltieri who played all their youth soccer here and then left at 18 or even later in Staltieri's  case to have really good pro careers.

• 2 weeks later...

Mainly it's not so much the fact he might not be in the squad for the camp as much or the lack or transparency/communication from the CSA/manager that sends the uber panicked like ourselves into a downward spiral. 

While I think it would be a huge statement of intent from Cavallini and Herdman, I don't think pulling him from his club when he is getting games and scoring would necessarily be beneficial and I would be semi fine with that. Provided that was explained by Herdman.

7 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Liga MX is down for the March window.  Why wouldnt he want to go and pot a goal in front of a European audience while he is on a good run?  What other strikers are going to play?  If only Europe is called...Larin...Simeon Jackson...Haber...Zanetta?  I think Herdman will want him to go.  

Well that's great to know. I'm glad someone around here knows something about Mexican futbol.