Lucas Cavallini

section114row20

1 hour ago, Stryker911 said:

Tonight's games are being played.  Puebla is playing Atlas. Cavallini is in the starting lineup.

yeah after I posted I went to see if the league was back for this week and the games were on. I missed Cavallinis goal by a few minutes. Saw the replay, it was a golazo.

58 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Larin is also scoring for his club. It's also not as straight forward as that, since both strikers bring different elements.

Although I do feel somewhat vindicated, as I was a big supporter of Cav and the "garbage" Uruguayan league! B)

For Canada The only elements Larin brings is missing sitters , terrible finishing,shit linkup play and applying no pressure on back line when they are passing around the back 

Edited by DannyFromToronto23

5 hours ago, Ansem said:

Anyone still thinks Larin is #1?

I dare you, I double dare you!

He probably is still. I mean he's scoring for Orlando and (based on reports) he's joining Besiktas, which is likely bigger than joining a Liga MX club (especially the worst team in Liga MX as Cavallini did). It'll likely come down to if both (AJH) continue scoring over the next year before we see who's the #1 next cycle.

Also we could see Cavallini disappear again for whatever reason.

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, DannyFromToronto23 said:

For Canada The only elements Larin brings is missing sitters , terrible finishing,shit linkup play and applying no pressure on back line when they are passing around the back 

LOL I really want Larin to score a hat trick against against El Salvador. Everyone here's jaws would drop and they'd be like "bu-but-but-but he's the #3 now. What's happening? Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *head explodes*"

I don't expect it to happen but if it does these forums would be so confused with their feelings.

6 hours ago, matty said:

He probably is still. I mean he's scoring for Orlando and (based on reports) he's joining Besiktas, which is likely bigger than joining a Liga MX club (especially the worst team in Liga MX as Cavallini did). It'll likely come down to if both (AJH) continue scoring over the next year before we see who's the #1 next cycle.

Also we could see Cavallini disappear again for whatever reason.

Once Larin joins Besiktas, I'll agree. As of now for me Cavallini is ahead in Liga MX which is >>>>>> MLS

19 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

Why don't they play Cavallini and Larin together. Yes Cavallini is a target guy similar to larin, but he's good  defensively and he's got good pace. He also made some nice passes in the gold cup. With speedy wingers like we have Cavallini and Larin should work well. 

Agreed, Larin up front on his own doesn't work for us, he needs another striker with him

I just think that people can fight for the spot. 2 weeks ago, I still have Jackson-Hamel  #1 because of his last national team game.

Remember how Rob Friend was scoring in a top 4 league but couldn't score for us and Gerba was playing at a much lower level but was scoring for us? It could be the same way. Cavallini has never scored for us at the senior level, so I do think that it can be held against him right now. 

25 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I think we are in better shape than the Occean/Friend/Gerba days, simply because of the age of these players. Those guys were 27/27/26 back in 2008 (probably the year we looked strongest)

Cavallini/Larin/Jackson

24/22/24

We haven't been in this good shape for a long time, gone are the days where we have to call up a 35 year old Carlo Corrazin for a World Cup qualifier against Belize in Kingston 

8 hours ago, matty said:

LOL I really want Larin to score a hat trick against against El Salvador. Everyone here's jaws would drop and they'd be like "bu-but-but-but he's the #3 now. What's happening? Gaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! *head explodes*"

I don't expect it to happen but if it does these forums would be so confused with their feelings.

we've been saying this hypothetical situation for a year now

2 hours ago, zeelaw1555362314 said:

Hopefully he kicks on.  After being dropped for Larin in the Gold Cup, I wouldn't be surprised if he's annoyed with us again.

I have wondered about this since that starting 11 was announced.  Given his past sentiments and actions re the Nats, I am hopeful that he will thrive when he has to compete for a spot, versus stepping away from the program. 

But I don't put this entirely at his feet.  Oz's decision to start Larin when Cav was they guy who helped get us there never seemed entirely right to me.  

4 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have wondered about this since that starting 11 was announced.  Given his past sentiments and actions re the Nats, I am hopeful that he will thrive when he has to compete for a spot, versus stepping away from the program. 

But I don't put this entirely at his feet.  Oz's decision to start Larin when Cav was they guy who helped get us there never seemed entirely right to me.  

If that is all it takes for him to turn his back on Canada (again), then I'd happily go with Larin and AJH in the future.

But let's not make too many assumptions! Suiting up for Canada has seemed to have had a positive effect on his career (much like Hoilett), so hopefully he's bought in 100%! :)

Edited by Bertuzzi44

On 26/09/2017 at 9:45 PM, Ansem said:

Anyone still thinks Larin is #1?

I dare you, I double dare you!

On 27/09/2017 at 2:57 AM, matty said:

....Also we could see Cavallini disappear again for whatever reason.

Cavallini not called for El Salvador. Reason to be concerned?