Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

37 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Watching my TFC. Osorio has been fantastic in the first 25 mins. He is everywhere on the field. Best I have seen him in forever.

Great in the midfield with Coello and Longstaff. Has setup a couple plays. I expect a goal or assist today

He scored. He was offside though. So no goal so far

1 hour ago, blueseeka said:

Watching my TFC. Osorio has been fantastic in the first 25 mins. He is everywhere on the field. Best I have seen him in forever.

Great in the midfield with Coello and Longstaff. Has setup a couple plays. I expect a goal or assist today

Should of bet some money tonight

16 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

He's so back.

I disagree. He was at fault for 1st goal. Garvan literally torched him for not closing down his man. The guy is still a liability defensively. All his goals are easy tap ins inside the box. It sucks that he can’t shoot from 25 yards like the Kansas City midfielders. That shit right there, to just kill of the game like that, is something this team has always been missing.

Edited by anthony7

4 hours ago, anthony7 said:

I disagree. He was at fault for 1st goal. Garvan literally torched him for not closing down his man. The guy is still a liability defensively. All his goals are easy tap ins inside the box. It sucks that he can’t shoot from 25 yards like the Kansas City midfielders. That shit right there is something this team has always been missing.

Gavran was yelling at Long for a poor headed clearance.

As for the weird “all his goals are easy tap ins” comment (which isn’t even true), if they are so easy then why doesn’t everyone do it as often as he does?

9 minutes ago, RS said:

Gavran was yelling at Long for a poor headed clearance.

As for the weird “all his goals are easy tap ins” comment (which isn’t even true), if they are so easy then why doesn’t everyone do it as often as he does?

I thought that was a little harsh on Long, it wasn't the best of clearance but they were under big pressure and he headed it out of the box, unfortunately it fell perfect for a fierce strike at goal, Gavin was losing it again at his defence on the 2nd which to me was mostly his fault! The Osorio sucks narrative just never goes away does it?

9 hours ago, anthony7 said:

I disagree. He was at fault for 1st goal. Garvan literally torched him for not closing down his man. The guy is still a liability defensively. All his goals are easy tap ins inside the box. It sucks that he can’t shoot from 25 yards like the Kansas City midfielders. That shit right there is something this team has always been missing.

one of the posts of the year

over and over last year they conceded big chances and goals because he didnt mark his player

he just cant get it done himself at this level...in the very large majority of the time he needs others to set it up for him to finish with the tap in

heavily overrated unfortunately

5 hours ago, RS said:

one of the post of the year. 

The majority of the player out there dont know where to be, when to be there and how to get on the end of easy tap ins.  We used to call these guys poachers, balls always falling to their feet in a scramble, a deflected cross always lands in front of them when they are on the back post etc etc.  Soccer IQ, knowing when/where to make the late runs to get the cut back pass, find the space, be open and ready for passes and FINISH THEM.  If its so easy why doesnt everyone do it????  Eleven years in the league, 46 goals, 49 assists...he'll prob get his 4 goals and 5 assists this year too.  

8 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

one of the post of the year. 

The majority of the player out there dont know where to be, when to be there and how to get on the end of easy tap ins.  We used to call these guys poachers, balls always falling to their feet in a scramble, a deflected cross always lands in front of them when they are on the back post etc etc.  Soccer IQ, knowing when/where to make the late runs to get the cut back pass, find the space, be open and ready for passes and FINISH THEM.  If its so easy why doesnt everyone do it????  Eleven years in the league, 46 goals, 49 assists...he'll prob get his 4 goals and 5 assists this year too.  

Scoring tap ins here and there due to luck and not being picked up in the box is not some amazing soccer IQ trait. His overall game is poor. He made a lot of sloppy passes throughout the game. The guy can never take over a game like a real dominant box to box midfielder. There is no edge to his game and most of the time he’s invisible. Teams are not game planning against him which is why he has had so much luck in the box over the years. He is overrated, overpaid and occupying a DP spot. We should have moved on from him and looked to acquire a true captain like figure in that midfield. I’m talking about traits similar to Fabregas, Gerrard, etc. A DP type captain who can lead by example, play without fear, and change a game in an instant.

^^^ Fill your boots, bring one in, sign this mysterious super midfield general.  We had Bradley, who eventually aged out, and about 50% the other DP's we bring in are wash outs who perennially injured or sulk and want to be moved back to europe.  And remember, for a guy who cant do all those things you mentioned,  Oso was 1 goal off the leading scorer last year, tied for lead in 2022, and again tied for lead in 2021, from the midfield.   Better production than Insigne (14 MLS goals vs 12 for Insigne since 2012), and remind me how many millions did we pay in transfer fees, 10 mil, 15???  No he is CDN and we developed him from a rookie to now and he has bled for the club for 11 years.  He may be on the down slide (father time always wins) but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as none of the mids we have now look to be a marked improvement.  

1 minute ago, Bison44 said:

^^^ Fill your boots, bring one in, sign this mysterious super midfield general.  We had Bradley, who eventually aged out, and about 50% the other DP's we bring in are wash outs who perennially injured or sulk and want to be moved back to europe.  And remember, for a guy who cant do all those things you mentioned,  Oso was 1 goal off the leading scorer last year, tied for lead in 2022, and again tied for lead in 2021, from the midfield.   Better production than Insigne (14 MLS goals vs 12 for Insigne since 2012), and remind me how many millions did we pay in transfer fees, 10 mil, 15???  No he is CDN and we developed him from a rookie to now and he has bled for the club for 11 years.  He may be on the down slide (father time always wins) but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as none of the mids we have now look to be a marked improvement.  

That’s fine. Keeping making those excuses. That is why this club and country will always be held back from progression. Hold onto these liabilities forever and never make bold moves to change the dynamic, cool.

13 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

That’s fine. Keeping making those excuses. That is why this club and country will always be held back from progression. Hold onto these liabilities forever and never make bold moves to change the dynamic, cool.

Like I said, go find a replacement.......I'll wait for it.  And I'll be ecstatic when he comes in and actually does the job you think Oso should be doing.   Until then I'm not going to shit on Oso for scoring more than Insigne.  

Not a TFC fan, so whether the club should move on from Oso or not really doesn't concern me. At this moment, I can't think of a player in the squad with a similar profile to replace him. That said, he is getting older, and like it or not, trying new blood may have to happen soon.

Now, for the CMNT, I actually think we have players who are ready to start ahead of him. And that's taking nothing away from his recent goal. I thought he did well to be there and finish the play. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

6 hours ago, anthony7 said:

Scoring tap ins here and there due to luck and not being picked up in the box is not some amazing soccer IQ trait.

So he's just been consistently lucky hey? So how many more goals until we no longer chalk it up to luck?

Or, maybe we should just consider his ability to be consistently lucky a skill at this point. What do you think?

28 minutes ago, Obinna said:

So he's just been consistently lucky hey? So how many more goals until we no longer chalk it up to luck?

Or, maybe we should just consider his ability to be consistently lucky a skill at this point. What do you think?

I think Osorio stole his girlfriend or something, from the start this guy has had a hate on for Osorio no matter how well he has ever played 

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

Trust me, its a power.  

maxresdefault.jpg

Gotta say, this is pretty funny.  Some guys trashing him for his lack of defensive awareness and effort, other guys defending that by saying "ya, but did you see his goals?".

Blind bias without reading what the other side is saying, just reacting.  With no bias, to anyone looking from the outside, the truth is somewhere in between.  He's got a unique skillset going forward and solid stats, meanwhile, there's loads of tape showing he isn't marking properly and could've saved goals against for both TFC and Canada with even minimal effort.

That being said, for me, no one player is above CANMNT.  It's ok to call out guys having bad games or streaks, none of it is personal.  It can't only be about the guys on hot streaks, that isn't realistic.  

I'm pretty confident saying we all want to see the best version of CANMNT, a big part of achieving that is by having VWC, CFM and TFC 1, 2 & 3 in MLS (no particular order!).  The better those 3 go, the better the pool becomes.

11 hours ago, Obinna said:

Yup, luck won him the Golden Boot in CCL when TFC went all the way to the finals and should have won it if not for Marky Delgado missing a sitter.

6 hours ago, Kadenge said:

Yup, luck won him the Golden Boot in CCL when TFC went all the way to the finals and should have won it if not for Marky Delgado missing a sitter.

Once again, devils advocate, context is important.  You're referring to 2018 Osorio while @anthony7 seems to be referring to 2024 Osorio.  Not the same discussion or player.  No one is wrong here, we're all just discussing totally different things using different measuring tools and systems.

42 minutes ago, costarg said:

Once again, devils advocate, context is important.  You're referring to 2018 Osorio while @anthony7 seems to be referring to 2024 Osorio.  Not the same discussion or player.  No one is wrong here, we're all just discussing totally different things using different measuring tools and systems.

I was responding to the "only scores tap ins" and "due to luck" comments. I think we all know that Oso is probably past his prime especially after the serious injury he sustained in 2022, when iirc he was  the leading scorer for TFC. He's never had much power when he strikes the ball, so most of his goals have come from close in, but he's had a track record of producing offensively for club.

4 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

I was responding to the "only scores tap ins" and "due to luck" comments. I think we all know that Oso is probably past his prime especially after the serious injury he sustained in 2022, when iirc he was  the leading scorer for TFC. He's never had much power when he strikes the ball, so most of his goals have come from close in, but he's had a track record of producing offensively for club.

That was my point, you're not wrong.  It's easy for some to see the negative and criticize that, but to ignore his offensive talent and success is not honest or doing him justice.  

I will never take anything away from his accomplishments, this is one guy I've always rooted for.  I defend and stand by his offensive record, yet I also agree with the gaps in the other side of the game.  It's just unfortunate, cause he still runs as much if not more than anyone else out there so it's not a question of laziness.  He puts in the hard work and effort, just not two-way effort, kind of an enigma in that sense.