Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

8 minutes ago, costarg said:

Ya, not nearly as funny as you defending the Bradley's.

All I said was: “This revisionist history that Michael Bradley was awful for almost his entire tenure at TFC is an interesting one.”

That was apparently enough to set you off (but I was the triggered one).

Anyway, this is all from a week ago and @Bigandy did a pretty good job debating you on this topic. 

You can continue to make up things I “say” about the Bradleys to get mad about if you wish. Either way, Osorio’s injured so you should be happy 😘

1 hour ago, RS said:

Koné’s becoming close to a lock, if he isn’t already. I’d put Buchanan in that category as well.

I suppose. I feel Kone isn't at an elite level yet and still has a lot to prove in order to be a lock long-term. For T&T, yes, of course. But I still need to see more in the coming seasons (maybe a move to Premier League). 

Buchanan's a weird one. Again, he's a lock for T&T, but he needs to actually play in some matches asap. It's so bizarre to see him riding pine and it would be a concern against better opposition (i.e. Mexico, U.S.). 

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I suppose. I feel Kone isn't at an elite level yet and still has a lot to prove in order to be a lock long-term. For T&T, yes, of course. But I still need to see more in the coming seasons (maybe a move to Premier League). 

Buchanan's a weird one. Again, he's a lock for T&T, but he needs to actually play in some matches asap. It's so bizarre to see him riding pine and it would be a concern against better opposition (i.e. Mexico, U.S.). 

The question is who would you start in their places?

what you’re saying is logical, but our squad depth isn’t enough that they aren’t near-locks.

On 3/12/2024 at 10:06 AM, Bigandy said:

You said this "Dude, if you cannot handle seeing stats from Fotmob or deal with honest commentary, get off this site, grab some kleenex, go to your man cave with the Bradly posters and watch clips from 2017." 

Thats you bringing up the fotmob scores. I just cited the actual figures of oso's performances across 3 games. 

I then used fotmob scores to actually analyze oso's performances. Using his fotmob scores suggests oso is playing relatively well. Then if we look at the specific stats regarding his defensive contributions, hes in the same percentile as a guy like millar who we all love for working hard. Oso is also in a system where he is more attack oriented than previously with CMNT. 

We do not have a CAM producing at the same level as oso. 

I fully agree in debates and different opinions, I just dont think its fair to tell someone to grab kleenex because they cannot handle the fotmob scores; even though the fotmob scores prove your opinion wrong if we just look at the fotmob scores. 

Rewatch Jacen Russel Rowe’s debut game against TFC in 2022. Tell me why he does not have all attributes to play cam and displace invisible Oso.

5 hours ago, anthony7 said:

Rewatch Jacen Russel Rowe’s debut game against TFC in 2022. Tell me why he does not have all attributes to play cam and displace invisible Oso.

From what I can see, JRR made his debut vs charlotte. A few games later he started vs TFC in a 3-5-2 as a striker.  Are you saying he played CAM that game? Has he ever played CAM before or since? 

When I think of JRR, I think he has good finishing, his timing of his runs, movement etc.  I dont think of him as a guy who defends all that well or is a creative link from the midfield to strikers. 

What attributes are you saying he has that makes him more suited to CAM instead of striker where he always plays? 

19 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

From what I can see, JRR made his debut vs charlotte. A few games later he started vs TFC in a 3-5-2 as a striker.  Are you saying he played CAM that game? Has he ever played CAM before or since? 

When I think of JRR, I think he has good finishing, his timing of his runs, movement etc.  I dont think of him as a guy who defends all that well or is a creative link from the midfield to strikers. 

What attributes are you saying he has that makes him more suited to CAM instead of striker where he always plays? 

Thats exactly it. JRR is a hell of a player but he’s not at all a like-for-like replacement for Osorio.

14 hours ago, blueseeka said:

The choices were pretty straight forward once Osorio was ruled out. I figured it would of been Ahmed. But Fraser is very dependable and has played big games for CMNT in the past

1. Fraser

2.Ahmed

3. Kaye

4. Loturi

Nelson, Hoillet and Corbeanu are definitely more wingers than midfielders

I am curious to see if he actually gets sub minutes.  If they are seeing out a lead, they would likely bring in Piette (if not starting) and/or Bombito to bolster the defensive side of midfield.

Fraser has become the new Chris Pozniak for us and it helps that he is already on site.

14 hours ago, RS said:

All I said was: “This revisionist history that Michael Bradley was awful for almost his entire tenure at TFC is an interesting one.”

That was apparently enough to set you off (but I was the triggered one).

Anyway, this is all from a week ago and @Bigandy did a pretty good job debating you on this topic. 

You can continue to make up things I “say” about the Bradleys to get mad about if you wish. Either way, Osorio’s injured so you should be happy 😘

Not the first comment you make defending the honor of the Bradley's. 

Either way man, I'm not upset at all.  I can respect how loyal you are to the players, overall it's a good quality to have.  If you're even half as loyal as that to your friends and family you're a good man. 

It's just that without knowing you, the accusations of being anti-TFC, Osorio etc, without knowing me is a bit much to take.  I guess we can both water it down a little.

25 minutes ago, costarg said:

Not the first comment you make defending the honor of the Bradley's. 

Either way man, I'm not upset at all.  I can respect how loyal you are to the players, overall it's a good quality to have.  If you're even half as loyal as that to your friends and family you're a good man. 

It's just that without knowing you, the accusations of being anti-TFC, Osorio etc, without knowing me is a bit much to take.  I guess we can both water it down a little.

On that exact same note, your stance that I'm pro Bradleys without knowing me is a bit much to take.

I don't think I've ever "defended" Bob Bradley in here once it became obvious he was a big problem at the biggest club in the country. I initially thought he was a good hire and there are some aspects of his coaching style that I think would still work, but his rigidity (both in player selection/acquisition and ego management) aren't going to work in the 2020s. If that's me being loyal to a man I've spoken to a handful of times over the course of a decade, then so be it. I disagree, though.

As for Michael Bradley, I think his final year or two have clouded his massive impact at the club. He should've found a way to stay on in a non-playing role, but both sides seem to feel better off now that he's moved on. 

3 hours ago, Bigandy said:

If you rewatch that game and look closely you’ll see that he was essentially playing as a #10. The guy is clever with movements into space, makes great decisions with the ball and has a great change of pace. The kid is very creative and I believe is Canada’s answer to the number #10 position.

Yes, he could displace invisible Oso right now in the CAM position. Oso is too slow and makes too many poor decisions. He was absolutely torched against the USA this past summer in the Nations League Final. Also, his bad decision making in the 1st leg against Jamaica cost us direct entry into Copa America and disqualification from Nations League. The guy has no business being called up to Canada anymore. He is taking away a spot based on favouritism rather than merit. This is at the cost of better players in his position.

Edited by anthony7

1 hour ago, BearcatSA said:

I am curious to see if he actually gets sub minutes.  If they are seeing out a lead, they would likely bring in Piette (if not starting) and/or Bombito to bolster the defensive side of midfield.

Fraser has become the new Chris Pozniak for us and it helps that he is already on site.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fraser get the sub minutes at midfield if they go with a 3-5-2. I figure they start with Eustáquio, Kone and Piette. Neither Piette or Kone go 90' with their teams. Both probably get subbed out for Choinière and Fraser around 70'

30 minutes ago, anthony7 said:

If you rewatch that game and look closely you’ll see that he was essentially playing as a #10. The guy is clever, makes great decisions with the ball and has a great change of pace. The kid is very creative and I believe is Canada’s answer to the number #10 position.

Yes, he could displace invisible Oso right now in the CAM position. Oso is too slow and makes too many poor decisions. He was absolutely torched against the USA this past summer in the Nations League Final. Also, his bad decision making in the 1st leg against Jamaica cost us direct entry into Copa America and disqualification from Nations League.

Is this the game you are talking about? 

JRR is very clearly a striker in this game. He is the furthest guy forward in every highlight and hasnt tracked back once. Zelarayan is the other "striker". Hes tracking back and filling pockets behind JRR.  

JRR doenst really leave the centerbacks. There is nothing in this highlight package to suggest JRR played as a CAM or that his skillset is suited to be a cam.  

Am i missing something here because JRR for CAM using this game as a reference seems wildly inaccurate and non practical.

18 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Fraser get the sub minutes at midfield if they go with a 3-5-2. I figure they start with Eustáquio, Kone and Piette. Neither Piette or Kone go 90' with their teams. Both probably get subbed out for Choinière and Fraser around 70'

I think Kone goes 90 unless we are up by alot. Biello seems to be doing a 180 from his last squad selection so I think he wont sub out staq and kone. 

58 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Is this the game you are talking about? 

JRR is very clearly a striker in this game. He is the furthest guy forward in every highlight and hasnt tracked back once. Zelarayan is the other "striker". Hes tracking back and filling pockets behind JRR.  

JRR doenst really leave the centerbacks. There is nothing in this highlight package to suggest JRR played as a CAM or that his skillset is suited to be a cam.  

Am i missing something here because JRR for CAM using this game as a reference seems wildly inaccurate and non practical.

Seems like he’s just anti-Oso and needed someone to say should be taking his spot. My bet would be on Ahmed but 🤷‍♂️ 

1 hour ago, Bigandy said:

I think Kone goes 90 unless we are up by alot. Biello seems to be doing a 180 from his last squad selection so I think he wont sub out staq and kone. 

Barring injury, Eustaquio will go the full match in regulation time.  Based on what I think we'll do with the starting personnel, I suspect Piette, Choinière, and maybe Bombito in a d-mid role would be the likely sub pissibilities to close out the result.  If we are needing a goal to tie (heaven forbid!), we'll be throwing on a forward type for one of the mids and one of rhe defenders.

Oso if he is with us on Saturday then he definitely will be a sub and that is how he should be used...as a super sub but for Copa America in June he will definitely be in our final squad that's pretty much a given

21 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Oso if he is with us on Saturday then he definitely will be a sub and that is how he should be used...as a super sub but for Copa America in June he will definitely be in our final squad that's pretty much a given

Oso is out for fraser. 

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, blueseeka said:

Watching my TFC. Osorio has been fantastic in the first 25 mins. He is everywhere on the field. Best I have seen him in forever.

Great in the midfield with Coello and Longstaff. Has setup a couple plays. I expect a goal or assist today

I’m watching live and I couldn’t agree more.  He looks very motivated and quite good.  A few missed passes.

Edited by Corazon