Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

8 hours ago, Bigandy said:

My point is that you choose to use fotmob scores to justify your argument to the point you are talking about kleenex. However, when the fotmob scores do not justify youre argument, you say they lack. Thats picking and choosing to fit your narrative and its over the top. Oso isnt the player he once was, but hes certainly not at the level where you have villainized him. 

No man, reread the post.  You used FotMob scores, I pulled the specific stats in relation to what we need for CANMNT's midfield, to show Osorio is not the fit we need.  

Once again, don't change the narrative.  I never said Osorio is shit.  I said he has not gotten back his previous form and he's not doing the defensive work we need to see for CANMNT.  Both points are clearly obvious to anyone watching the games.  Nothing to do with hate, vendetta, radical agenda.

Nothing wrong with pointing out a player who has a bad game and discussing the fit with CANMNT, that's why we're here.  You constantly trash MacGraw, Cornelius, Waterman and Choinieres few minutes with CANMNT, while I believe we need to give them more time to familiarize.  Both opinions are valid, just different ideas and perspectives.

3 hours ago, Noted Penguin said:

Osorio's an asset for all the rreasons tha may not show up in stats 

don'ttake my word for it  just listen to the answer to question six and tell me he's wrong if you want

He's definitely a smart player and finds spaces and final passes, that has never been in question. 

However we have strong offensive pieces already, kinda top heavy actually.  We need help on the defensive side of things.

And BTW -  this video is from 2022.  We've all established todays Osorio is not 2022 Osorio, pretty sure JD would agree as well.

Edited by costarg

9 hours ago, blueseeka said:

Watched all three of Osorio's game this year. He has been good. He plays higher in the midfield that Coello and Flores do. He has done a good job in connecting plays together.

Yes, he's a linking player who keeps the possession rolling.  Would he be a call up against T&T?  Yes.  Would he be starting alongside Eustaquio and Koné?  Possibly, but as I posted earlier, I would prefer a Cubas-style of d-mid destroyer but in the end it will boil down to Biello determining from his player pool who is the best complement for the other two

2 hours ago, reggietfc said:

oso is overpaid and overrated pls never play him  has a false 9 ever again that was painful

Facts!!! Both TFC & CANMNT need to move on from this guy and find a real #10 to take us to the next level.

Edited by anthony7

12 hours ago, costarg said:

No man, reread the post.  You used FotMob scores, I pulled the specific stats in relation to what we need for CANMNT's midfield, to show Osorio is not the fit we need.  

Once again, don't change the narrative.  I never said Osorio is shit.  I said he has not gotten back his previous form and he's not doing the defensive work we need to see for CANMNT.  Both points are clearly obvious to anyone watching the games.  Nothing to do with hate, vendetta, radical agenda.

Nothing wrong with pointing out a player who has a bad game and discussing the fit with CANMNT, that's why we're here.  You constantly trash MacGraw, Cornelius, Waterman and Choinieres few minutes with CANMNT, while I believe we need to give them more time to familiarize.  Both opinions are valid, just different ideas and perspectives.

You said this "Dude, if you cannot handle seeing stats from Fotmob or deal with honest commentary, get off this site, grab some kleenex, go to your man cave with the Bradly posters and watch clips from 2017." 

Thats you bringing up the fotmob scores. I just cited the actual figures of oso's performances across 3 games. 

I then used fotmob scores to actually analyze oso's performances. Using his fotmob scores suggests oso is playing relatively well. Then if we look at the specific stats regarding his defensive contributions, hes in the same percentile as a guy like millar who we all love for working hard. Oso is also in a system where he is more attack oriented than previously with CMNT. 

We do not have a CAM producing at the same level as oso. 

I fully agree in debates and different opinions, I just dont think its fair to tell someone to grab kleenex because they cannot handle the fotmob scores; even though the fotmob scores prove your opinion wrong if we just look at the fotmob scores. 

25 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

You said this "Dude, if you cannot handle seeing stats from Fotmob or deal with honest commentary, get off this site, grab some kleenex, go to your man cave with the Bradly posters and watch clips from 2017." 

Thats you bringing up the fotmob scores. I just cited the actual figures of oso's performances across 3 games. 

I then used fotmob scores to actually analyze oso's performances. Using his fotmob scores suggests oso is playing relatively well. Then if we look at the specific stats regarding his defensive contributions, hes in the same percentile as a guy like millar who we all love for working hard. Oso is also in a system where he is more attack oriented than previously with CMNT. 

We do not have a CAM producing at the same level as oso. 

I fully agree in debates and different opinions, I just dont think its fair to tell someone to grab kleenex because they cannot handle the fotmob scores; even though the fotmob scores prove your opinion wrong if we just look at the fotmob scores. 

This is what I wrote that triggered him:

image.png.d00e01a93ed0af8e025ba593419791fb.png

And I was replying to someone else.  In the same post, he also retorted to someone else commenting about Bradley.  The guy regularly panics when anyone mentions Oso and the Bradley's.  He also accuses people of not supporting TFC at random if you bring up the slightest negative comment.  Apparently its impossible for anyone to support more than one Canadian team.

Regarding Fotmob, I also said Choiniere had a bad game, others agreed, and yet he was player of the match.  Once again, offensive stats can easily tilt the scores in ones favor.  It helps to dive in deeper. 

9 minutes ago, costarg said:

This is what I wrote that triggered him:

image.png.d00e01a93ed0af8e025ba593419791fb.png

And I was replying to someone else.  In the same post, he also retorted to someone else commenting about Bradley.  The guy regularly panics when anyone mentions Oso and the Bradley's.  He also accuses people of not supporting TFC at random if you bring up the slightest negative comment.  Apparently its impossible for anyone to support more than one Canadian team.

Regarding Fotmob, I also said Choiniere had a bad game, others agreed, and yet he was player of the match.  Once again, offensive stats can easily tilt the scores in ones favor.  It helps to dive in deeper. 

All RS said is he was fine in his other 2 games.... not really triggered, bias, and nothing to do with bradley. 

Again, all im saying is that you cant tell someone to get a kleenex because they cant handle fotmob scores while simultaneously choosing to ignore the fotmob scores that go against your opinion. 

We all know fotmob scores are not the greatest indicator. Thats not what im saying. Its just that the picking and choosing clearly shows a bias. Im not sure how you can disagree that you have one of the strongest bias's against certain players on this board. 

14 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

All RS said is he was fine in his other 2 games.... not really triggered, bias, and nothing to do with bradley. 

Again, all im saying is that you cant tell someone to get a kleenex because they cant handle fotmob scores while simultaneously choosing to ignore the fotmob scores that go against your opinion. 

We all know fotmob scores are not the greatest indicator. Thats not what im saying. Its just that the picking and choosing clearly shows a bias. Im not sure how you can disagree that you have one of the strongest bias's against certain players on this board. 

It's not bias.  No need to twist it, I'm very clear in my stance. 

December 2022, we needed to turn the page on Borjan and Vitoria.  We would be a lot further ahead at the moment had we done that.  Every match they play now just pushes back our development and weakens the 11.

Hoilett could still provide a spark last year, but I feel we've moved on from him as well. 

Osorio is not near the level of what we were used to with him.  He is also not a fit with Kone and Stache, we need someone with stronger defensive effort and abilities to shore up the middle.  Regarding his offensive skills, we have lots of guys that can go chase a goal if needed in the last 20 minutes, but he could be useful in that sense.  But once again, he does not fit a starting 11 with Stache and Kone in the lineup.

There is nothing scandalous or disrespectful about all this.  Teams moved on from Ronaldo and Messi, if we moved on from Hutch, we can move on from these 4, it's just the reality of pro sports. 

4 minutes ago, costarg said:

It's not bias.  No need to twist it, I'm very clear in my stance. 

December 2022, we needed to turn the page on Borjan and Vitoria.  We would be a lot further ahead at the moment had we done that.  Every match they play now just pushes back our development and weakens the 11.

Hoilett could still provide a spark last year, but I feel we've moved on from him as well. 

Osorio is not near the level of what we were used to with him.  He is also not a fit with Kone and Stache, we need someone with stronger defensive effort and abilities to shore up the middle.  Regarding his offensive skills, we have lots of guys that can go chase a goal if needed in the last 20 minutes, but he could be useful in that sense.  But once again, he does not fit a starting 11 with Stache and Kone in the lineup.

There is nothing scandalous or disrespectful about all this.  Teams moved on from Ronaldo and Messi, if we moved on from Hutch, we can move on from these 4, it's just the reality of pro sports. 

again, all im saying is that you cant use a fotmob score to justify your kleenex comment and then ignore oso's other fotmob scores.

Everything else is unrelated to the topic.

1 minute ago, maccaliam said:

I can’t tell if this means you are very happy or very sad. Either way I’m a little disturbed. 😆 

As long as you're not triggered, you'll be fine.

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

For Fraser? Not so much. But I understand it's convenient to call Fraser due to location. 

For Osorio not being there.

Sorry, I was away from this thread for the past little while for my own sanity's sake, but I had to poke fun at the silly reactions I drew for saying Osorio was fine in his TFC appearances this year.

8 minutes ago, RS said:

As long as you're not triggered, you'll be fine.

For Osorio not being there.

Sorry, I was away from this thread for the past little while for my own sanity's sake, but I had to poke fun at the silly reactions I drew for saying Osorio was fine in his TFC appearances this year.

I see. Nah. Nothing to worry about, at least from my end. I mean, Oso is no longer a lock imo. But really, who is apart from Davies or David at this point? 

Edit: And Staq. Staq is still a lock for me. 

Edited by DeRo_Is_King

12 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

I see. Nah. Nothing to worry about, at least from my end. I mean, Oso is no longer a lock imo. But really, who is apart from Davies or David at this point? 

Koné’s becoming close to a lock, if he isn’t already. I’d put Buchanan in that category as well.

14 minutes ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Kone is now pretty much a lock also.