Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

28 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

This was better than the radio interview I posted because they didn't ask him about the Toronto Blue Jays at the end of this one.

I haven't watched it yet, I hope they don't ask about his hairstyles as the co-host did on the radio show!

1 hour ago, Fort York Redcoat1555362293 said:

Still think he brings something to the club side but his career won't be fully realized until he captains a team. I don't see him doing that in Toronto. I'll enjoy him while he's here and hope he keeps improving for the National side.

Don’t see why he needs to captain a team for his career to be fully realized , many good players have never captained teams and still had good careers.

9 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

Guys at the stadium gave it to Giovinco for what it's worth

You could make an argument for a number of TFC guys being MOTM.  For me, the key time in the match was after the Morgan goal where I felt it was really important for TFC to stay disciplined yet stay aggressive against the CA midfield service so as not to surrender that second goal.  I thought Bradley was huge in that respect

Maybe it was just my nerves, but I was getting irritated with Osorio's slightly out-of-control play in the first half hour of the match.  He played well when he settled down, but maybe that first period affected the MOTM voting.  Anyway, Azteca may be one of the most emotionally charged stadia on the planet.  I hope he can start with less adrenalin in the next game.

6 hours ago, rkomar said:

Maybe it was just my nerves, but I was getting irritated with Osorio's slightly out-of-control play in the first half hour of the match.  He played well when he settled down, but maybe that first period affected the MOTM voting.  Anyway, Azteca may be one of the most emotionally charged stadia on the planet.  I hope he can start with less adrenalin in the next game.

Really? He was amped up for this match which is a good thing for a professional athlete, there is a fine line, I thinkOsorio played great all match, there was a bit of concern when he got carded, I was more concerned about Seba losing his shit to be honest!

57 minutes ago, gator said:

Really? He was amped up for this match which is a good thing for a professional athlete, there is a fine line, I thinkOsorio played great all match, there was a bit of concern when he got carded, I was more concerned about Seba losing his shit to be honest!

He looked like he was losing the plot about midway in the first half...jumping up and down and whatnot. Still he has been playing well which is great.

As far as MOTM is concerned, my vote would almost always go to Bradley and last night was no exception...he's amazingly good at what he does and so consistent and so important to the team play as a whole. I wish he'd unleash that cannon of a shot every once in a while but I think he's a bit too good for MLS. I didn't see him play in Europe though.

49 minutes ago, rightback said:

He looked like he was losing the plot about midway in the first half...jumping up and down and whatnot. Still he has been playing well which is great.

As far as MOTM is concerned, my vote would almost always go to Bradley and last night was no exception...he's amazingly good at what he does and so consistent and so important to the team play as a whole. I wish he'd unleash that cannon of a shot every once in a while but I think he's a bit too good for MLS. I didn't see him play in Europe though.

Most of TFC's starters are a bit too good for MLS. That's why they set records and won the treble last year.:P

1 hour ago, rightback said:

He put in his usual solid performance, got turned around badly on their goal I must say!

10 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

You could make an argument for a number of TFC guys being MOTM.  For me, the key time in the match was after the Morgan goal where I felt it was really important for TFC to stay disciplined yet stay aggressive against the CA midfield service so as not to surrender that second goal.  I thought Bradley was huge in that respect

I thought everyone for TFC was great in the 2nd half including Bradley and maybe that's partly to do with the team no longer having to play against the wind and the rain billowing into their faces as was the case in the 1st half. However from the time of the Club America goal through to the Altidore goal, that 20 minute stretch TFC were overall poor IMO and Bradley was one of the worst players on the pitch in that stretch (was one of three players who got beat too easily on the goal but he made lots of other mistakes in that stretch, though he wasn't alone). The only player in that stretch who I thought didn't have a shaky moment was Van Der Wiel and if there was an award for CPOTM (Consistent Player of the Match) I'd give it to him. I do wonder if we will see Mavinga-Moor-Van Der Wiel as a 3 CB trio going forward, but I guess that's a discussion for another thread rather than an Osorio one.

1 minute ago, mpg_29 said:

Only found out recently that Delgado is only 22...figured he was a few years older than that.

23 in a month.  I think that Scuffed guy should propose to Delgado, serious crush going on there.  He is very good at making GIFs though.  

3 hours ago, Bison44 said:

HAHA, just watched the TSN video about the scuffle, seems like Osorio  took an elbow to the nose trying to keep CA coaches off Gio.  He has to beat them in the tunnel and on the field.  

https://www.tsn.ca/soccer/video/club-america-manager-alleges-three-staff-members-assaulted-by-toronto-police~1362345

You know minor hockey for years has been holding one team at their bench and allowing the other team to exit the ice completely before letting the other team go.  Considering this is the second incident in this tunnel in months, would it be that difficult to implement this and keep the teams apart when entering the one tunnel that exists.