Jonathan Osorio

Wingback6

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

For his critics who complain about his finishing skills, those were two composed, well-taken goals vs Philly. 

His finishing has developed immensely since last year

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

For his critics who complain about his finishing skills, those were two composed, well-taken goals vs Philly. 

A couple of years ago he couldn't hit an open net standing right in front of it. It was his main weakness as a player and it greatly reduced his effectiveness because at the end of him carrying the ball to the box he only had one effective option which was to pass to another player. It seems like he worked a lot on his shooting and accuracy in the last couple of years and it is paying off for him.

4 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Where in Europe do people think he would fit in? The Championshp? B2? 

Mid table Eredivisie or Portugese Primera Liga sounds about right. And maybe one of the top 3 or 4 clubs in Belgium like Anderlecht or Club Brugge 

Germany makes sense because he'd count as a domestic. Probably make more money too, but that would depend on the clubs involved. Mid-table B1 is where i'd guess he'll end up, signing a contract next month for a free transfer in January. As far as he and his agent are concerned they may as well max. out his salary because they only get 10% of any transfer fee (which won't be as much as anyone thinks).

Bringing in Aketxe was the worst thing TFC could do with Osorio not sealed up. A guy making a mil can’t win the spot from him. 

Id have to imagine he could find somewhere willing to give him at least 4-500K especially in Mexico after he won the golden boot in the CCL. I think he’s be a great fit for that league too. 

53 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

A top Scottish club is interested. I wouldn’t be surprised to see TFC sell him in the summer IF they don’t have a new 400k+ contract in the plans for next year

Top Scottish club as in Celtic or Rangers?

or do you mean top division Scottish club?

14 hours ago, Kadenge said:

for those of you who did not watch the game yesterday, Osorio apparently has interest from Mexican and Euro teams. He is in a contract year.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit especially Mexican teams. Absolutely bossed the CCL & not to mention he is Spanish speaking. 

16 hours ago, 1996 said:

Maybe even a lower table English Premiership team if he keeps improving.

depends how much he improves honestly. Right now it would be a bog stretch to go to one of those teams and getting playing time

Even if he leaves TFC and goes abroad then the better situation for him would be going to La Liga in Spain or going out to Mexico to play for C.D. Guadalajara, Club America or Tigres UANL. As far as La Liga he could go to Levante, Villareal or Deportivo de La Coruna.

1 minute ago, Tg11 said:

Even if he leaves TFC and goes abroad then the better situation for him would be going to La Liga in Spain or going out to Mexico to play for C.D. Guadalajara, Club America or Tigres UANL. As far as La Liga he could go to Levante, Villareal or Deportivo de La Coruna.

Chivas only employs Mexicans.

Just now, Obinna said:

Chivas only employs Mexicans.

Not necessarily but even if that is true then he can still go to La Liga anyway because even though he is Canadian he has Spanish roots.

I actually wouldn't mind Osorio staying right where he is: Toronto.

Look at the quality of players he is surrounded by. Any club in Mexico would be either a tiny step up or a lateral move. Same for a move to Celtic or Rangers, one of which is presumably the "top scottish club" interested. Only a move to a top 5 league (or a team like Benfica, Porto, Besiktas, etc.) would be a step up, but for as much as Osorio has improved, I am not sure such a club would be interested and if they were, you'd imagine he'd be brought in as depth, rather than a key piece. If that's the case I would like to see if he can keep improving and winning things in Toronto, rather than signing for a Bundesliga club and getting loaned out or glued to the bench, or playing for the second team.

Edited by Obinna

Personally I wouldn't mind it if he stayed on TFC staying in the MLS. He has become that important to TFC. Furthermore, on the slight chance he does leave then if Scotland is showing a lot of interest if Celtic and or Rangers are showing interest and he jumps ship it will help him to grow/mature more as a player.