Will Johnson

Sam

4 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Because if I'm thinking like Zambrano, Arfield can do what WJ does but better, and most likely Bernier/Osorio and Piette are the other two in MF.

Will Johnson has played exceptionally well at RB, the 6, and the 8 this season. There is zero excuse to leave him off this roster from a talent perspective. He could start for us in three positions. 

Johnson is a way better player than Osorio at this point.

Edited by harrycoyster

7 minutes ago, jpg75 said:

I take Johnson over Osorio or Bernier any day. Piette plays a specific role obviously, so no comment there.

When watching Arfield / Piette play together in central midfield against Scotland, I was impressed. Piette can play the destroyer role he does so well, and Arfield can be the central mid to get forward. Small sample size, but I'm interested in seeing more.

1 minute ago, Big_M said:

He was Canada's best in the Curacao match and is Canada's best DM. Explanation has to be given for exclusion or other reason for absence

There is a good chance Orlando asked them to allow Johnson to stay with the team as they are struggling at the moment and without Larin. I would not be surprised if Johnson replaced somebody if Canada makes it to the knockout rounds.

33 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

There is a good chance Orlando asked them to allow Johnson to stay with the team as they are struggling at the moment and without Larin. I would not be surprised if Johnson replaced somebody if Canada makes it to the knockout rounds.

Larin was just cleared to play and they expect him in the Orlando lineup for their next two games.

1 minute ago, king1010 said:

Duane Rollins‏ @24thminute

Because he's older, has been slowed down by injuries and widely viewed as a pain in the ass.

He has moved around quite a lot and didn't leave Toronto on the best terms... 

And didn't leave Portland on the best terms. I'm wondering if Kreis wasn't managing how much he would have gotten.

The coach also said Orlando midfielder Will Johnson was initially on the 23-man roster.

"But we had a very frank, honest conversation. He feels that he needs to rest his knee a little bit. He has had some discomfort. Nothing major but he felt he needed to get some therapy."

Given the travel involved with the tournament, the decision was made not to include the 43-cap veteran.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/orlando-city-star-cyle-larin-told-he-can-expect-canada-recall-at-gold-cup-1.3480395

26 minutes ago, king1010 said:

The coach also said Orlando midfielder Will Johnson was initially on the 23-man roster.

"But we had a very frank, honest conversation. He feels that he needs to rest his knee a little bit. He has had some discomfort. Nothing major but he felt he needed to get some therapy."

Given the travel involved with the tournament, the decision was made not to include the 43-cap veteran.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/sports/orlando-city-star-cyle-larin-told-he-can-expect-canada-recall-at-gold-cup-1.3480395

The plot thickens. Or it doesn't.

I don't think it doesn't, he  probably is banged up, he's played a lot of football and they way he plays hard noise, goes full out every time, players close to 80-90 'a game in  Orlando , tough bastard ( mean that in a good way). Also he is 30 years old. Canada wants to get more players in. Personally I would have loved to see him play in the gold cup, but I understand. I'm happy Oz came out made a  comment on it. 

I can see Will getting called up for the  Jamaica game.