Will Johnson

Sam

5 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

I'm upset by what Will Johnson decided to do. He told Zambrano he wanted to heal a knee injury, well of that we're the case he would have already sit out a few games for Orlando City but no he's playing! What the hell? Least thing he could have done is be honest and said "I'm not really feeling it". Done deal but don't lie about it 

You can understand his absence without accusing him of being a liar you know.

It is simple:

He'd rather play 2 games with Orlando than 3 games with Canada BECAUSE his recovery time between games is much longer as a result of his past leg injuries.

It could be that no amount of sitting out will ever help him recover quicker considering his age.

He is aware of this and weighed up the pros and cons of playing in the group stage and declined.

Too much football for him in too short of a window.

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, matty said:

How has the CSA and MLS handled domestic violence in the past?

If they take a page out of the NFL's handling of Ray Rice, they'll be coming down hard on Will. I wouldn't be surprised with a perma-ban.

Edited by PopePouri

First he hasn't been convicted of anything, just charged. Don't tell me that some women don't make accusations only to later withdraw them and admit they made it up in the heat of the moment. See Warren Moon for an example.

Second point is IF true then he has been having personal issues and that could explain a lot of his recently ducking a call up.

1 minute ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

Ya she probably hit her own head on the brick patio.

Is it just me or does WJ look and act more and more like the kid from Deliverance every day?

Someone grabs your phone and turns away as you reach around them to try and grab it back. They collide and the smaller one usually falls. Prove otherwise.

I just love the "guilty until proven innocent" approach here.

17 minutes ago, TRM said:

I just love the "guilty until proven innocent" approach here.

I do agree we need to wait until the details come out before judging what happened. With Larin there was actual video evidence of what happened so it was immediately apparent what happened.

What is going on with the players though. It used to be the worst thing they would do was party after losses or make insensitive social media jokes about Hitler or Trump. If it keeps going like this maybe the Hondurans will be afraid of us not vice verse next time we travel to San Pedro Sula! :)

Edited by Grizzly

1 hour ago, TRM said:

First he hasn't been convicted of anything, just charged. Don't tell me that some women don't make accusations only to later withdraw them and admit they made it up in the heat of the moment. See Warren Moon for an example.

While innocent till proven guilty can we not go after the whole conspiracy element of women during divorces. Let justice do what justice does. Given that she grabbed his phone, he's liking not going to be convicted.

Well with this I'm guessing his international career is over. 

an anecdote: A # of Portland fans have messaged how sweet his wife in their various interactions during team events during is time with the Timbers, so take that for what you will in terms of her role in all of this.

1 hour ago, Grizzly said:

I do agree we need to wait until the details come out before judging what happened. With Larin there was actual video evidence of what happened so it was immediately apparent what happened.

His wife's mom was there and saw it (take from that what you will), she sounds cut up indicating there was force and the phone might have been recording the event in question (edit she turned it off).

Some details

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-sp-will-johnson-arrested-domestic-battery-20170906-story.html

According to the arrest affidavit, a deputy responded to a domestic violence call at 11:26 p.m. Tuesday and spoke with Johnson’s wife, Caroline Childs Johnson.

In a verbal and sworn written statement, Childs Johnson said the couple of nearly five years is going through a divorce. Following a verbal argument Tuesday, Johnson tackled his wife, according to the statement, “wrapping both of his arms completely around her waist.”

Childs Johnson fell to the ground and hit the right side of her head on their brick patio. She also scraped her right knee, left hand and right arm. Her mother was present for the incident and the deputy said she corroborated the story. The children were not present for the incident, according to the report.

The deputy took photographs of Childs Johnson’s injuries, which he said were consistent with her statements, including “a cut on her right knee that was bleeding, a small cut on her left hand, and cuts and bruises on her right arm.”

“It was difficult to observe any bruising or cuts from where Caroline stated she hit her head,” the deputy wrote.

The report states the argument began in the kitchen of their home, and Johnson started recording it on his phone. Childs Johnson grabbed the phone, which was propped up next to the toaster, and turned the recording off before turning away from Johnson and walking out the sliding patio door. Johnson then ran toward her and tackled her, according to the statement.

Childs Johnson refused medical treatment at the scene. The deputy said she does not want to prosecute criminally, but she will testify in court, if needed.

Edited by matty

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Wow, I'm in disbelief tbh. 

I just don't understand nor believe that Will Johnson could do something like this. If any of you have visited his Instagram judging by his photos he cares a lot about his family in particular his 2 children

I hope the accusations are false and that he is innocent 

If they're true, well then he needs to face the consequences 

As a footballer professional he's excellent, and has demonstrated to be a good person also

That's why this is very confusing 

Edited by Thomas

1 hour ago, Vince193 said:

an anecdote: A # of Portland fans have messaged how sweet his wife in their various interactions during team events during is time with the Timbers, so take that for what you will in terms of her role in all of this.

There are plenty of sweet people who are horrible to their spouses. As said by others, let's see what happens.

And on the flip side Thomas, just because Will Johnson seems like a nice guy doesn't mean he is.

That report seems rather damning at first, i would like to hear Will's side of the story first though.

Edited by jpg75

4 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Wow, I'm in disbelief tbh. 

I just don't understand nor believe that Will Johnson could do something like this. If any of you have visited his Instagram judging by his photos he cares a lot about his family in particular his 2 children

I hope the accusations are false and that he is innocent 

If they're true, well then he needs to face the consequences 

As a footballer professional he's excellent, and has demonstrated to be a good person also

That's why this is very confusing 

To me, the people who act like they are the perfect family on fb and instagram are usually the ones with serious issues...

This situation is a reminder that football players are just normal people, and most in NA aren't even in the 1%. We, me included, have questioned Will's commitment to the national team without thinking about personal issues. But non-availability for the GC now makes more sense.

1 hour ago, TooMuchSauce519 said:

Does anyone know if hes looking at prison time if found guilty? Ill also add that any grown man that lays a hand on a woman is a coward. 

I think I read it was a misdemeanor so maybe a year but doubt he gets that if convicted 

Edited by matty

1 hour ago, TooMuchSauce519 said:

Does anyone know if hes looking at prison time if found guilty? Ill also add that any grown man that lays a hand on a woman is a coward. 

The bottom of the article says she does not want to prosecute criminally so I doubt it.

Purely speculative on my part, but if they are getting divorced, she probably wants to move back to wherever she is from with the kids, being a professional soccer player, he doesn't have a lot of say in where he goes and can't expect her to follow him around if they're not together. Probably was trying to incriminate her and it backfired. She doesn't want to press charges, but will use this to get custody of the kids

3 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

The bottom of the article says she does not want to prosecute criminally so I doubt it.

Purely speculative on my part, but if they are getting divorced, she probably wants to move back to wherever she is from with the kids, being a professional soccer player, he doesn't have a lot of say in where he goes and can't expect her to follow him around if they're not together. Probably was trying to incriminate her and it backfired. She doesn't want to press charges, but will use this to get custody of the kids

In any case, this should be the end of his career with the MNT. 

8 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

Charges are not up to her, they're up to the state in Florida. It might get dropped but might not