Will Johnson

Sam

Are we so holy that we will end the career of a man accused of a crime, and not even prosecuted or convicted?

We're not talking Bruno, Adam Johnson or even Ched Evans stuff here...There is not even a claim of a punch - more a hold and fall.

And what was she doing that he was recording!?

Let's wait for both sides to emerge before we condemn the man.

Edited by BCM

The worst part about stories like this are people who come out of the woodwork to sit on a moral high horse.

No one knows the facts here.. you have two testimonies, one from the wife and one from the mother in law.  

I'd be less hesitant if it had come out that he Ray Riced her or something else.

the skeptic in me knows that a hold and fall can turn to a "tackle" real quick. The police found a scrape on her knee but no head injury as she claimed.. I'm also skeptical as to why she was stopping him from recording and taking his phone if she was being reasonable throughout and also why he felt the need to record.

Seems to me that both sides are loading up for a custody battle... 

theres no excuse for putting his hands on her and there's no excuse for her to be running off with his phone. Childish.

Edited by Keegan

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

How do you figure? 

The guy is going through a divorce, and seemingly an acrimonious divorce. Perhaps his head was not in football but in the more important issues of life, separation and kids. If life issues would have had an effect on his dedication to the team in the GC, he may have not wanted to commit.

If he asked out b/c of these issues, I have no problem with him whatsoever.

By the way, many states in the US have a law whereby if the police are called for a domestic dispute they have to take one party to jail - mandatory arrest! I am unsure if Florida is such a state. But if so, then it is really too quick to condemn the man.

18 hours ago, Grizzly said:

I do agree we need to wait until the details come out before judging what happened. With Larin there was actual video evidence of what happened so it was immediately apparent what happened.

What is going on with the players though. It used to be the worst thing they would do was party after losses or make insensitive social media jokes about Hitler or Trump. If it keeps going like this maybe the Hondurans will be afraid of us not vice verse next time we travel to San Pedro Sula! :)

Guys, I'm sure youllneverwalkalone was just joking. 

To be fair, I didn't want Johnson on the national team before this happened, given his complete non-commitment to the national team for the Gold Cup, and his prior issues with Floro which saw him not called for the most important game in the last 4 years. I was likely in the minority on that view, but not the only one. This incident just adds more reason for the national team to avoid Johnson in the future.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

The worst part about stories like this are people who come out of the woodwork to sit on a moral high horse.

No one knows the facts here.. you have two testimonies, one from the wife and one from the mother in law.  

I'd be less hesitant if it had come out that he Ray Riced her or something else.

the skeptic in me knows that a hold and fall can turn to a "tackle" real quick. The police found a scrape on her knee but no head injury as she claimed.. I'm also skeptical as to why she was stopping him from recording and taking his phone if she was being reasonable throughout and also why he felt the need to record.

theres no excuse for putting his hands on her and there's no excuse for her to be running off with his phone. Childish.

She never claimed head injury just claimed she banged it.

They're getting a divorce recording is common.

She might not want to have been recorded (florida is a one party state)

Her excuse might be he chased her hence how it went from kitchen to outside. She was taken from behind and the phone wasn't in his hands

Follow your own advice and wait for facts man

Edited by matty

17 minutes ago, matty said:

She never claimed head injury just claimed she banged it.

They're getting a divorce recording is common.

She might not want to have been recorded (florida is a one party state)

Her excuse might be he chased her hence how it went from kitchen to outside. She was taken from behind and the phone wasn't in his hands

Follow your own advice and wait for facts man

I am waiting for the facts as I said.  Who said the phone was in his hands? She turned it off and went outside from what we've heard. 

The whole recording thing is just sketchy. She could have exited the room but took the phone? Did she want to delete something? Doesn't make sense.  If you're acting reasonably you don't do that.  Forget the fact they're husband and wife and apply that example to any scenario.

Just taking an objective standpoint. I don't see either party shining in an innocent light.

Edited by Keegan

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

31 minutes ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Because a man accused of abusing his family does not represent Canada, and should not be allowed to wear the jersey of a nation that is built upon the ideals of life, liberty and security of the person while standing before the courts in direct violation of two of those values. 

24 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I am waiting for the facts as I said.  Who said the phone was in his hands? She turned it off and went outside from what we've heard. 

The whole recording thing is just sketchy. She could have exited the room but took the phone? Did she want to delete something? Doesn't make sense.  If you're acting reasonably you don't do that.  Forget the fact they're husband and wife and apply that example to any scenario.

Just taking an objective standpoint. I don't see either party shining in an innocent light.

I mention the stationary thing because it's fairly key to the narrative and removes her as also being violent.

She took the phone to turn it off. It happens. If you're acting reasonably you shouldn't knock your wife to the ground during a fight. Stop trying to create alternative fActs and motives and redirecting blame to her.

Edited by matty

5 minutes ago, matty said:

I mention the stationary thing because it's fairly key to the narrative and removes her as also being violent.

She took the phone to turn it off. It happens. If you're acting reasonably you shouldn't knock your wife to the ground. Stop trying to create alternative fActs and motives and redirecting blame to her.

Who said she was violent? I think you're the one making up facts here matty.

No doubt what he did was wrong but why is taking his property a blameless act in your mind? As I said, forget that they are husband and wife and apply the facts to any situation.  You're accusing me of twisting things yet you're doing the exact same thing.

As I said, both parties seem to have acted unreasonably.  What will did was worse and that's why he's in a mugshot on your msn home pages today.

Edited by Keegan

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

I'd argue that the worst part of stories like this is what happens to the victims

False equivalence is a morally inept tool

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

Who said she was violent? I think you're the one making up facts here matty.

No doubt what he did was wrong but why is taking his property a blameless act in your mind? As I said, forget that they are husband and wife and apply the facts to any situation.  You're accusing me of twisting things yet you're doing the exact same thing.

As I said, both parties seem to have acted unreasonably.  What will did was worse and that's why he's in a mugshot on your msn home pages today.

My god. I mentioned because there's a difference between grabbing a phone from someone amd picking up a phone. And it's key we address it if we're being armchair detectives. One is assault the other is not. I never said you said it.

She picked up a phone for allme know she said get out and picked up the phone to give it to him man. Wait for all the fucking facts before accusing her of deleting audio or something (which is trying to create a narrative).

13 minutes ago, matty said:

My god. I mentioned because there's a difference between grabbing a phone from someone amd picking up a phone. And it's key we address it if we're being armchair detectives. One is assault the other is not. I never said you said it.

She picked up a phone for allme know she said get out and picked up the phone to give it to him man. Wait for all the fucking facts before accusing her of deleting audio or something (which is trying to create a narrative).

I never accused her of anything. I stated my skepticism over a sketchy scenario and asked questions.  As I stated from the very beginning I'm waiting for facts, there are two sides to every story and we've only heard one.  Maybe Will is a psychopath and attacked for no reason and she simply didn't want to be recorded. Maybe she shut the phone off and calmly walked outside and Will ran out and office linebacker tackled her?

The event that triggered it was the recording so naturally myself and others are wondering what the hell was going on.. as are you. 

Edited by Keegan

3 minutes ago, Keegan said:

I never accused her of anything. I stated my skepticism over a sketchy scenario and even included question marks in doing so.  

I never accused of saying she's the criminal but feel you are attempting to find a degree justification for his actions (she didn't assault him or try to steal his phone or delete data to our knowledge, so right not there is none) and have suggested she was unjustified in her actions (again no evidence she was refusing to turn over the phone purposefully).

1 hour ago, ChrisinOrleans said:

Because a man accused of abusing his family does not represent Canada, and should not be allowed to wear the jersey of a nation that is built upon the ideals of life, liberty and security of the person while standing before the courts in direct violation of two of those values. 

What about the ideals of "innocent until proven guilty" ?

Just now, TRM said:

What about the ideals of "innocent until proven guilty" ?

Yea but unless everything here is a lie it doesn't look good for him to be on the team when it's on tthe up swing. Even best case scenario (he knocked her over by accident) doesn't look good.

2 minutes ago, matty said:

I never accused of saying she's the criminal but feel you are attempting to find a degree justification for his actions (she didn't assault him or try to steal his phone or delete data to our knowledge, so right not there is none) and have suggested she was unjustified in her actions (again no evidence she was refusing to turn over the phone purposefully).

To clarify my position, regardless of what she did there is no justification for wills response.