Lazar Stefanovic

Dominic94

CB

2006 Born, part of the TFC Academy

He was a standout at the U17’s, he is very likely to be one of if not their next homegrown. He is a CAN/USA dual nat.

He is very highly rated and one to watch, Europe could be an option however, I think he has a Euro passport.

He is training with TFC and is likely to be signed sooner than later given their CB depth and how good he is. 

Toronto has never really been known for their good CB’s or CB depth minus Maving, so I think he might actually get minutes. 

One to watch.

45 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

Liked what I saw from him at the u17s but Hedges and Rosted are as solid a cb pairing as TFC's ever had and O'Neill and MacNaughton are good cover options so not sure he gets many minutes this year.

Hopefully he goes TFC2 to CPL to MLS in the next few years. 

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Did he sign a first team contract? 

We gotta limit these youth threads in the CMNT section and use the under utilized 
https://www.canadiansoccernews.com/forums/forum/35-players/

There's gotta be some kind of graduation process or something......something that bumps a player to this part of town.

Respectfully 

You could just ignore it, and it will be on the 3rd page by next week.

2 hours ago, Shway said:

We gotta limit these youth threads in the CMNT section and use the under utilized 

There's gotta be some kind of graduation process or something......something that bumps a player to this part of town.

Respectfully 

I'm for merging both tbh. I get the issues though. I never even think to use or look in the players forum as its feels more natural to be in here. Likewise in the womens forum. Players forum always seems to be a bit pointless, thats not to say it should be though if things are geared differently with expectations? 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Also doesn't help our player pool is exploding every year!

Back OT Congrats to Lazar! 

Edited by toontownman
who is the worst offender for posting in the wrong forum.

6 hours ago, Shway said:

Respectfully 

Are subforums possible on this forum. I know I've seen on other forums, a subforum within a forum. Could have a players sub forum within this section (even multiple ie. Youth Players/Senior Players/Potential Senior Players) if that makes sense

48 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Are subforums possible on this forum. I know I've seen on other forums, a subforum within a forum. Could have a players sub forum within this section (even multiple ie. Youth Players/Senior Players/Potential Senior Players) if that makes sense

kevin garnett GIF

Edited by Shway

8 hours ago, Stoppage Time said:

If this young player is not headed straight to MLS minutes with TFC, then a loan to CPL would be quite appropriate. A 16 year old getting regular (earned) minutes in CPL would certainly help Stefanovic more than a bench or grandstand spot with TFC.

I guess MLSNextpro is the other option.  CPL is higher level so I would choose that if he can be certain of starting minutes.  If not, better off starting in MLSNextpro

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Borjans Sweatpants said:

Named to MLS NEXT All-Star Game along with Abraham, Badwal and de Montigny. 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/all-star/2023/news/rosters-for-2023-mls-next-all-star-game-presented-by-allstate

Saw it was mentioned in another group but found his the thread here at least.

Curious about this kid.  Still just 16 years old (until Aug 10), attracting attention, and plays CB.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two - and one to watch if he ever pops up in a Canadian youth game.  

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Curious about this kid.  Still just 16 years old (until Aug 10), attracting attention, and plays CB.  Will be interesting to see what happens in the next year or two - and one to watch if he ever pops up in a Canadian youth game.  

He captained the u17s in qualifying so I assume he will pop up in the World Cup later this year

interesting that de Montigny made the All-Star game as Montreal doesn’t have an MLS Next Pro side (where I believe Stefanovic and Badwal have been primarily playing).

1 hour ago, An Observer said:

He captained the u17s in qualifying so I assume he will pop up in the World Cup later this year

interesting that de Montigny made the All-Star game as Montreal doesn’t have an MLS Next Pro side (where I believe Stefanovic and Badwal have been primarily playing).

Badwal’s been mainly playing for the U17 team. Same for Abraham and De Montigny