Lazar Stefanovic

Dominic94

6 hours ago, An Observer said:

I gotta think he is either injured or on trial somewhere else

Agreed.  The few times I have watched him play for TFC II and watched him play all U17 and U20 games, he has looked the best CB in those games.  Also, didn't look out of place in his MLS appearances last year as a 16/17 year old.

On the TFC 2 report at J Molinaro's website, , it said they are not sure what is happening since TFC 2 does not release injury reports.  It could be that he is carrying an injury or that there is a lot of competition for time at the CB spots.  

• 3 weeks later...

It will be interesting to see if Stefanovic or any other CB prospect is involved tonight vs CS Saint Laurent. This game is about as much of a layup as it comes for TFC. If Herdman elects to continue with Kosi Thompson as a right-sided CB, I think that’s pretty telling.

34 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

It will be interesting to see if Stefanovic or any other CB prospect is involved tonight vs CS Saint Laurent. This game is about as much of a layup as it comes for TFC. If Herdman elects to continue with Kosi Thompson as a right-sided CB, I think that’s pretty telling.

Looks like they announced short term signings at 3:51 last cup game and 4:07 for Nashville. 

Posted (edited)

Interesting to see Curic get the opportunity. Whether it be injuries, contract disputes, or developmental plateaus, nobody has emerged from the TFCII/academy crop as a clear contender for first team minutes. I’m not sure what to make from this group, TBH. I was hoping to see Stefanovic or Pearlman show some growth through these early cup matches.

Edited by FC_Hali

13 minutes ago, FC_Hali said:

I think that rules out the injury speculation as to why he wasn’t called up for the Saint Laurent match… Strange situation.

Maybe not strange, he did have the concussion, and there seems to be a way TFC is approaching call ups so far, by burning out the 3 call up rule. 
Batiz can’t be called up again without signing for the first team now(I think). In the end I don’t really know anything and TFC 2 doesn’t really share much news/updates.

Could just be a minutes restriction on him

He played May 5, but then didn't play the May 10th game.

He didn't get the callup, but played yesterday for TFC2

Maybe it's just they're limiting him to playing once a week, so he didn't get the call-up. Could also have been given they wanted to go for the record win vs St Laurent, they were worried about the game getting chippy if STL players getting upset at the score being run up, so held him out to prevent him getting hit on a tackle.