Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

dont think any of them are signing...motazed and torabi are mid 30s and moazeni trialed with cavalry a few years back and wasnt taken...this just looks like being nice to iranian guys letting them train with the team for a little

Would suggest that the team is being nice with some trialists who will or will not be offered a contract based on their skills , not their ethnicity.

4 hours ago, Big_M said:

dont think any of them are signing...motazed and torabi are mid 30s and moazeni trialed with cavalry a few years back and wasnt taken...this just looks like being nice to iranian guys letting them train with the team for a little

İ agree. 

dont forget that only the first shipping containers arrived Wednesday...who knows if the rest has arrived or when it will arrive...its looking more and more like a "bring your own seats" situation if they can get it up in time

The first shipping containers housing the club’s unique flat pack stadium arrived at the Port of Vancouver on Wednesday. Work is underway at the future home of Vancouver FC to lay the concrete foundations and site services that will support the prefabricated modular structure.

On 2/9/2023 at 9:17 PM, Ansem said:

Oh well... at least it makes it easy to pack up and leave if Surrey ever came back with a better deal 😏

And also what can be done on a reasonable budget for future groups in other cities that want to pursue CPL teams. This modular setup also worked well for Phoenix Rising in USL. 

They sent out a season ticket update. They'll be contacting people on Thursday and there was a seating chart included. No prices or explanation but looks like a designated supporters section in the Southend to the right of the goal.

Edited by SpursFlu

On 2/14/2023 at 5:31 AM, SpursFlu said:

They sent out a season ticket update. They'll be contacting people on Thursday and there was a seating chart included. No prices or explanation but looks like a designated supporters section in the Southend to the right of the goal.

Thanks, to the right of the goal looking at it, or from behind it?

Curious as really the camera should be placed on the west side, so like with the Foot Soldiers in Calgary, they'd be more visible if on the further side of the pitch, on the SE corner.

On 2/13/2023 at 9:58 PM, Aird25 said:

Striker, apparently known for dribbling, not a high goal-scoring rate, but acceptable. Has played for Puebla u-20s, so above his age level. Is not physically small, so should be able to handle the pace. Nice relationship for VFC to have, as Mexico is a good source of occasional talent. Odd, however, they would not get a Wero type, slipped from top flight, while leaving chances for youth to Canadians.

Two years ago he was called into the national u-17 side.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

37 minutes ago, youllneverwalkalone said:

So I just bought 4 yet to be built seats. Quite a bush league experience though. Why are we doing this through showpass and not a club website? 

I’m a season ticket holder at an English Premier League club and I don’t by my tickets on their website, it’s done through a third party site. I think most premier league clubs do that as well, so I don’t think it’s bush league.