Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

Starting to get a better picture of the team:

Irving
Chung^     Romeo   Martínez*    Crawford 

Henry*  Bitar  Simmons

Sandoval                                      Mares*                    
                         Hundal              

*I expect when it comes to experience they will add another starting LW (don't think thats really where Mares plays), CM and CB. Kane, Marcus Simmons and if Ghotbi's words are anything to go by Moazeni Zadeh will all get solid minutes too.

^Chung hasn't been announced yet. 

1 hour ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

A CPL team signs a foreign player I've actually heard of!! 😛 

Pretty sure Sandoval was on the Chivas team that defeated Toronto in the CCL Final.

Edited by Metro

22 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

How the heck does someone like Sandoval fit in our cap league? I'd assume he's been making pretty decent money up until now

Now the CSB/CSA agreement is getting blown up the clubs are each going to spend their next 10 year planned budgets on one player each for the final CPL season. 

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

LOL. Maybe I should read better.

Well didn't Diaz come from Mexico too?

He did, but he was younger and I don't think his resume was quite as impressive even though he played for some big clubs like America. He never quite broke through there, whereas Sandro has 200+ appearances. Perhaps Sandro, like Diaz is just looking to play abroad though, considering he was just in Australia. 

30 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

I saw they're playing a game that's open to the public and will double as their jersey launch. Sounds cool but unfortunately it's at Minoru Park which couldn't be further away from Langley. Oh well no biggie I guess

I heard this too,  but didn't realise it had been announced already. My son is playing in a match just before at the same facility so I will definitely check it out.