Vancouver FC - 2023 Season Thread

Big_M

9 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Once a family is involved that starts to mount up. Went to see the new Avatar movie just after Christmas for $12 or so in London, Ont. Should a CanPL soccer game realistically be costing a lot more to do than that?

Well sure.. took my kids to the arcade the other day to get out of the rain. Easily spent over $100

I think yes a CPL soccer game should cost more than going to the movie. But price is based on many things including perceived value and since you're the #1 CPL hater it doesn't surprise me that you think it's an experience worth so little. As an example I know someone who paid $250 to go to a Blink 182 reunion tour concert. I on the other hand wouldn't have paid $2.50 but the show was sold out. So go figure

Edited by SpursFlu

9 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Honestly? I wouldn't think twice about paying for a season ticket for any CPL side. Especially when a "Platinum" season ticket for Arsenal in the UK goes for around $5145 Canadian.

It's not what people on this subforum would do that really matters on this. Worth noting that the one team in the league that consistently draws well doesn't go too much higher than a movie ticket for a large portion of season ticket holders:

2023_SSM_prices_web.jpg

2023_SSM_map6.jpg

42 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

It's not what people on this subforum would do that really matters on this. Worth noting that the one team in the league that consistently draws well doesn't go too much higher than a movie ticket for a large portion of season ticket holders:

2023_SSM_prices_web.jpg

2023_SSM_map6.jpg

It is great they do it, but I think the pricing is a bit low. You could push it 10-20% higher, especially for one reason: the stadium is close to full and demand is high, they can't leverage low prices to sell significanlty more tickets.

Everyone lauds that venue, and I have never been, but it would be far better if they'd cover the corners with seating so we don't have to see the generators for the hot dog stand as the primary corner view.

5 hours ago, longlugan said:

I wish he would ignore all of us...aka leave the forum.

I'm pretty sure he's ignored, or claimed to have ignored, most of the forum. He declared me to be ignored years ago, then got into a hissy fit over some insult, or another, that he should never have seen recently. I was then re-ignored. 😄 

47 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'm pretty sure he's ignored, or claimed to have ignored, most of the forum. He declared me to be ignored years ago, then got into a hissy fit over some insult, or another, that he should never have seen recently. I was then re-ignored. 😄 

I didn't know know I was offending him. His entire thing is that he's against the CPL in one form or another and I was pointing out that that might not make him the best judge of the value of a ticket to go watch a CPL game

14 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

Two ignores? Don't they cancel each other out and force him to be your biggest fan? 😅

On 1/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Unnamed Trialist said:

It is great they do it, but I think the pricing is a bit low. You could push it 10-20% higher, especially for one reason: the stadium is close to full and demand is high, they can't leverage low prices to sell significanlty more tickets.

Everyone lauds that venue, and I have never been, but it would be far better if they'd cover the corners with seating so we don't have to see the generators for the hot dog stand as the primary corner view.

I just picked up a 12 ticket Flex Pack with ATO, comes to $25.00 a seat, happy with the price, the seating and the entertainment value.   I rarely went to see the Fury when they were in the NASL and less so in the USL.

21 minutes ago, Big_M said:

man vancouver is making a lot of interesting signings..certainly not expecting them to finish bottom of the table..maybe even top four depending on the rest of the recruits

And they still have space for up to 7 International signings, though Pacific never used their full allocation.

1 hour ago, Big_M said:

man vancouver is making a lot of interesting signings..certainly not expecting them to finish bottom of the table..maybe even top four depending on the rest of the recruits

I don't know. I'm not see it so far but that can change quickly with the foreign signings and other additions.

It will be hard for everyone to gel. I'd expect them rooted to the bottom, even beyond valour 😛But lots can change with the remaining incomings. I'm not overly excited so far though. So far it reminds me a bit of Edmontons makeshift squad last year.