Canada Pre-World Cup "friendlies" thread: news, gossip and speculation.

Califax

1 hour ago, Metro said:

Can't be.  That scene looks like all the MLS based players met at a Canadian airport (Toronto or Montreal) and travelled together.

Edit:  Also, it looks like Dunfield is coming out of retirement!!!

Could be.  The first part of the player in the background is hard to tell but it aure looks like Larin’s head if you watch it slowly before he exits the screen.  I’m fairly certain it’s him.

If it is in fact Henry.  I think that makes it obvious that he will be on the plane to Qatar, regardless of form.

Edited by Corazon

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Anyone else tired of the former BBC broadcaster's commentating?

To be honest, while I'd love the folks who call the play-by-play and do colour to be Canadian, I just want someone who is good at the job. Not all Brits are good, to be fair. Wileman is pretty darn good. Just give me someone who has the ability to call a game, who knows the game, who works their ass off, and I'll be happy.

4 hours ago, The Beaver 2.0 said:

To be honest, while I'd love the folks who call the play-by-play and do colour to be Canadian, I just want someone who is good at the job. Not all Brits are good, to be fair. Wileman is pretty darn good. Just give me someone who has the ability to call a game, who knows the game, who works their ass off, and I'll be happy.

…Your last part sounds like  Wheeler, who I prefer…..

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Edited by Shway

Wileman for me.  Don't mind Wheeler (although not a fan of over-the-top play calling), Reed or DeBlasis.  Although I admire his enthusiam and love for the CPL and the Women's game, Adam "Motormouth" Jenkins makes me tired listening to him.  He talks so fast and endlessly throughout the game, I actually feel bad for the colour commentators paired with him.

11 hours ago, Ally McCoist said:

Anybody have a recording of it or somewhere I can watch it back? Had to miss it. Or anything new that's noteworthy?

Its on tsn.ca

https://www.tsn.ca/FIFA-World-Cup/video/countdown-to-qatar-canada-preview-show~2524915

Here is the link. TSN has a bunch of preview vids for other countries as well. 

On 9/20/2022 at 2:23 PM, CCrTFC said:

No way that is a Canadian airport, the advertisement signs are in German 

Edit: looks like Terminal 3 of the Vienna Airport. Similar floor tiles and departure board from this wiki image. 

1280px-Vienna_airport_terminal_3.jpg

Didn’t realize we had a direct flight from YUL when I saw the first video