Canada Pre-World Cup "friendlies" thread: news, gossip and speculation.

Califax

Just now, Gian-Luca said:

Pedantry alert: it is spelt "Shaffelburg" - you are consistently spelling his name with an extra "c" and the "l" and "e" inverted.

Sorry, sometimes I can't help myself. ;)

haha all good. Sometimes I catch that before I hit reply, believe it or not, but most times I don't (clearly). Thanks! 

On 9/8/2022 at 11:41 PM, gigi riva said:

I do find it kind of odd that there is no Ticket info yet .

I'd think that they'd expect the crowd to be pretty small - and would just do walk-up and general seating. I don't see any advantage to advance sales and something like TicketMa$ter

1 hour ago, Ally McCoist said:

How the hell did Honduras and Jamaica get friendlies with Argentina and we didn't?  

It clearly wasn't a matter of money.

Miami and New York?  Those games will sell out and the opposition will take scraps! Currently see most tickets In the  $200 range 

Edited by Ruud
Error

On 9/14/2022 at 6:53 PM, Ally McCoist said:

How the hell did Honduras and Jamaica get friendlies with Argentina and we didn't?  

It clearly wasn't a matter of money.

Because Jamaica were willing to wait until the last minute. Canada wanted to secure a training camp location and not deal with a last minute scramble and two matches in two very different locations.

Remember Brazil was supposed to play Argentina but finally FIFA agreed to cancel that match.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/fifa-world-cup/story/4723731/brazil-argentina-world-cup-qualifier-wont-be-replayed

I am not sure what fine/penalty Brazil &/or Argentina had to deal with to get FIFA to agree but both their FAs are pretty loaded as far as I know. I have a feeling that it was more than the 150 000 Swiss Francs each mentioned.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

2 hours ago, Buchta said:

Who will be in Vienna for the Qatar match for sure?  My son and I should be going to the match.  We need to book train tickets from the Czech Republic, but I will wait until the ticket situation has been confirmed.  Nothing has been confirmed, right?

Generali Arena. Confirms kick-off on Sept 23rd at 7pm. Ticket sales are not online and can be purchased directly at the arena.