Sean Rea

PegCityCam

21 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

Surprised to find a bigger Sean Rea stan than myself. Is Montreal really in shambles? Even if they are I think I'd rather see him play at least part of an MLS season before making a move to Europe. (If interested his video is in the reply to this tweet)

We've lost Mihailovic, Kone, AJ, Kamara, our head coach, still have no MLS quality goalkeeper, hired a head coach with a terrible resume who has a track record of running his players into the ground, and most fans think that Saputo is using the transfer money they've earned to pay off covid debts. For a player like Rea, he needs reps and pro experience, so Montreal isn't a terrible spot to land by any means, but it isn't like Rea is stepping into the type of situation that Kone was last year, or that a young Philadelphia Union player would be stepping into.

Montreal being in shambles is probably a reason for him to get transferred to europe, because Montreal wants as much money as they can get. I don't think ownership is willing to keep him and hope he can increase his value in a few years, I think they'd rather take the 2-3M they could probably earn from selling him.

This is all based on financials- player-wise, he's probably better off playing MLS first, even though it would be awesome to get our first Serie A player this year. As a CF Montreal fan, he's the only exciting young prospect we've got, aside from Zouhir, I guess, so watching him would make going to games more entertaining too.

Edited by InglewoodJack

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

We've lost Mihailovic, Kone, AJ, Kamara, our head coach, still have no MLS quality goalkeeper, hired a head coach with a terrible resume who has a track record of running his players into the ground, and most fans think that Saputo is using the transfer money they've earned to pay off covid debts. For a player like Rea, he needs reps and pro experience, so Montreal isn't a terrible spot to land by any means, but it isn't like Rea is stepping into the type of situation that Kone was last year, or that a young Philadelphia Union player would be stepping into.

Montreal being in shambles is probably a reason for him to get transferred to europe, because Montreal wants as much money as they can get. I don't think ownership is willing to keep him and hope he can increase his value in a few years, I think they'd rather take the 2-3M they could probably earn from selling him.

This is all based on financials- player-wise, he's probably better off playing MLS first, even though it would be awesome to get our first Serie A player this year. As a CF Montreal fan, he's the only exciting young prospect we've got, aside from Zouhir, I guess, so watching him would make going to games more entertaining too.

Owners cannot pocket transfer fees. Has to be reinvested into the roster.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Sal333 said:

You wouldn't happen to be a Toronto FC fan, would you?

2 hours ago, phresh said:

Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Don't get the shade when all I'm saying is I'll believe he gets lots of minutes this year when he does actually get those minutes. Too many youngsters on Canadian teams impress in pre-season but then don't really get the chance to play much when the season actually starts.

On 2/4/2023 at 4:51 PM, VinceA said:

Don't get the shade when all I'm saying is I'll believe he gets lots of minutes this year when he does actually get those minutes. Too many youngsters on Canadian teams impress in pre-season but then don't really get the chance to play much when the season actually starts.

ok yes, you're a TFC fan then.  You definitely haven't been following whats happening at CFM.....

Just having a laugh, no offence.

2 minutes ago, costarg said:

ok yes, you're a TFC fan then.  You definitely haven't been following whats happening at CFM.....

Just having a laugh, no offence.

I'm more of a general Canada fan and a York United fan. TFC did give their youngsters time for sure but I don't know I'm guess I'm still scarred from years of HGP signings that didn't get many minutes and assuming the worst lol. 

It's easy to say all the youngsters will get minutes at Montreal but we don't actually know how Losada will operate, and we won't know until the season starts.

"Adding to that opportunity is new CF Montréal head coach, Hernán Losada, with whom Rea says he has instantly clicked. He finds the 40-year-old coach, who had a solid pro career as a midfielder himself largely spent in Belgium, incredibly approachable and focused on helping his players to improve." 🤔

Article: