Sean Rea

PegCityCam

On 6/28/2022 at 11:19 AM, P-O said:

He's not a #9.

He is a #8. More of an heir to the USMNT player who will be sold this summer/end of season

Hope I'm right for next year. He's got the tools to bring it to the MLS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This guy is a gem and his numbers would be 5x better if he could play with strikers who could finish. The delivery in the set-pieces is absolutely perfect.

Sean Rae will be an instant starter for Montreal and in 24 months, his numbers will be better than Djordje Mihailovic.

He will be in the Squad for the World Cup in 2026, taking Osorio's spot. 

Please, tell me I live in a world full of rainbow & unicorn.

26 minutes ago, PegCityCam said:

I'm losing track...6th of the year?

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to follow CPL very closely (damn kids - gotta sacrifice).  From the comments and frequency of TOTW, is it safe to say he's one of the more dominant players in CPL?  Like one of the most obvious choices to make the jump to MLS?  If so are there many others we'd expect to make the jump next year?  

3 minutes ago, costarg said:

Unfortunately I don't have the opportunity to follow CPL very closely (damn kids - gotta sacrifice).  From the comments and frequency of TOTW, is it safe to say he's one of the more dominant players in CPL?  Like one of the most obvious choices to make the jump to MLS?  If so are there many others we'd expect to make the jump next year?  

For me he's a shoo-in but clearly I'm a Rea homer. The first time I really noticed him was the last few games of the season last year. He was already then more technically sound and had better footwork/ball control than most of the Valour players. CF obviously has rated him for a while as he been on contract with them since 2020. I suppose it all depends on if there's a place for him there as they most likely won't want him simply warming the bench next year.

I don't follow other teams super closely but from the glimpses I've got of Dero and even Woobens I'd say they may be close...if we're talking strictly Canadians...and young Canadians at that.

2 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

I hope we don’t sign a random after Mihailovic departure and instead we give Rea playing time.
Same for Yao > Miller and ZBG > Johnston. Take the money, put it in the stadium or the academy, get rid of Johnsen and Toye for a good striker and we gonna be in buisness.

Miljevic style is very similar to Mihailovic (not just in last name spelling).  So I'd put my money on Nancy going with Milijevic and Rea combo for next year, kinda like he did this year with Mihailovic and Milijevic.  I can't imagine they go to the market with the new philosophy they're going by.