Sean Rea

PegCityCam

He got on m. 69 for Castellón B on Saturday vs. Jove Español, a team from down Alicante way, they were losing 2-0 and it stayed that way.

Good to see he's getting minutes.

The first team lost for the first time this season to Córdoba, at home, and are leaders but not as comfortably ahead as before. 

https://golsmedia.com/comunidad-valenciana/futbol/fc-jove-espanol-san-vicente/2024/03/17/cf-jove-espanol-no-tiene-freno-rompe-dinamica-ascendente-cd-castellon-b/

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2024 at 4:44 AM, K Edgar said:

Played 70' yesterday in a losing effort: UD Castellonense 3 - 0 CD Castellón B

Funny, I was just going to late post on that, but he came in m. 70, as a sub, when it was 2-0 for this other small team from the city. The team is not doing well, so that is not good for him and his future at Castellón. I am suspecting, unless he can have some stellar performances, that it won't pan out for him after this season.

They play again tomorrow. Three losses in a row means they've fallen off the pace and could even be relegation threatened if they don't react.

From what I can gather, he did not show for Castellón B today, in a scoreless draw, nor was he with the first team. 

As I said, I am getting a sense that he is not taking advantage of this opportunity. Clearly, it had to go right for him, on a good team, with minutes, and some numbers; but I am a bit disappointed, since he only has a few games to try to show he deserves to go with the first team at an even higher level.

very unfortunate situation...from a top performer in cpl in 2022 to playing in mls in 2023 to spanish d5 now...I took a look to see whats his agency and of course its obelisq...kinda explains this disaster

Was not with the B or the first team, so I wonder if he might be injured. That is two weekends in a row.

Castellón CD won their match and the closest rival lost, and are now 8 points clear and heading to promotion to Spanish 2nd division. Unless he can really turn things around, show his merits, I doubt he'll be with them next season.

To be fair @Big_M he was supposed to warm into things in 5th tier then get used for the first team in 3rd tier. But not even that. 

Any decent MLS player should be able to "not look out of place" at this level.

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

He looked very solid for Montreal last year. I was at the game where he scored two against Vaughan, and yes, it’s Vaughan, but he looked like one of the best players for a Montreal team that at times looked like they could’ve fumbled the game. Inclined to believe he hasn’t been given the right chance if he’s not looking good in the Spanish 5th tier. He also hasn’t played a professional game of soccer in what’s going on a year- I think Losada exiled him sometime early last summer? He must be rusty.