Sean Rea

PegCityCam

25 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He is going to be so good, honestly he should get the start again next week. He was very good on the ball and caused headaches. Just needs more of it.

I have do have some concerns about whether he has the physicality and athleticism to be a regular in MLS but the early signs are good.

Edited by jonovision

14 hours ago, jonovision said:

I have do have some concerns about whether he has the physicality and athleticism to be a regular in MLS but the early signs are good.

Physicality he can develop. Athletically he has always looked pretty good. 

Honestly, I thought he was mostly meh this match.  He was invisible much of the time.  As the commentator said, he floated in and out of the match.  Obviously, its early and this is his first match.  He might be better suited at this stage to come off the bench for 30 minutes like he did in the first match where he was more effective.   I thought Saliba showed better this match.  He clearly has the size and strength to  play at this level and had a few good moments (and few not so good).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One thing I noticed yesterday is that at this point, Montreal’s biggest draw is Bryce Duke- he’s supposedly going straight to Europe, massive potential, next great MLS young player, etc., but Rea played so much better than him. Obviously Duke just got here and he’s getting adjusted, but my guess is duke is going to be bringing a ton of scouts of the game, and a lot are going to be noticing Rea, at least I hope. Too early to start thinking about his next move since he’s barely been in Montreal for a month, but he deserves attention as he develops.

also, speaking of Duke- after the game when the team came over to the stands, everyone was in their kit or a sweater except for Duke and Lassiter who were both in parkas. Thought it was funny to see the two Miami guys freezing their asses off. Shame for Duke though, instead of going to Europe, he ended up in the Europe of Canada…