York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

11 hours ago, Big_M said:

He must already have a better offer somewhere...and he deserves it...best keeper in cpl 21...if angus was looking to build a championship team first thing he should have done on the player side is sign ingham to a new contract

I don't think he would have a better offer already. Looks like this wasn't Ingham's choice with this comment from McNab.

"He had a great year but the reality of a salary cap means we need - both us as a club and Nate as a player - to look at opportunities that that are a better fit for each other.”

Probably there is a pay disparity between Ingham and Giantsopolous (sp?) so he kept the cheaper one so he can strengthen elsewhere on the field, since Giantsopolous is a capable GK.

Finally my year end summary of Rocket Robin Soccer in Toronto with personal comments on the teams/leagues I followed in 2021.  York United FC, the Canadian Men's national team (when in Toronto), Toronto FC II, and League1 Ontario. 

Rocket Robin Soccer In Toronto 2021 Season Review

Edited by Rocket Robin

42 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:
The new York United FC head coach will be announced Tuesday at 2:00pm via virtual press conference.  

Anyone itk? The fact they didn't just promote from within immediately likely means it's not stalteri. Issaco maybe but hope it's an exciting one either way

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Seems like an odd one. We knew he had been wanting this step up for a while though. 

Feels like the kind of hiring that an earlier version of the CSA might have done, for an assistant role with the MNT team, for instance. Former male Nat? Check? Jumped through Canadian Nat badge hoops? Check. Paid some Canadian club dues? Check. Lots of friends/former teammates currently at the CSA? Check

But, in all honesty, I was always a huge fan of him as a player, as I always found he was really underappreciated,  especially based on his national form. And he's proven to be a bright soccer mind in the years since, imo.

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

All this talent in your own backyard and you go gets this guy really ? I want to support this club I really do living a 10 minute drive to the stadium, but they are making this harder than it should be.

Being that you are "close" to the team so to speak, who were you hoping to see...or who would have made the York fans happiest??  

3 hours ago, nolando said:

Feels like the kind of hiring that an earlier version of the CSA might have done, for an assistant role with the MNT team, for instance. Former male Nat? Check? Jumped through Canadian Nat badge hoops? Check. Paid some Canadian club dues? Check. Lots of friends/former teammates currently at the CSA? Check...

If there's one market where you don't want to give off that vibe it's the GTA. Here's some Sharman Proper Pies to go with it. 

Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but reports of the Czech Republic are saying that Martin Graiciar (22 years old) has signed with York United.  He spent a few years in the Arsenal academy, and signed with Fiorentina.  In the Czech Republic he has played with Slovan Liberec, Sparta Prague and Mlada Boleslav.  Martin is also a former U21 player for the Czech Republic.

It was only a few years ago that he was looked on as a huge future talent for the Czech Republic.  I think he is going to Canada to try to restart his career and get a 'fresh start.'

https://www.ruik.cz/ceska-stopa-v-zamori-martin-graiciar-bude-nove-pusobit-v-kanadske-premier-league/