York United - 2022 Season Thread

Big_M

5 hours ago, Buchta said:

Interview with Graiciar from yesterday.  He is looking forward to living in Canada, and hopes to get a shot at playing in the MLS in the future.

https://www.ruik.cz/graiciar-po-prestupu-do-yorku-tesim-se-na-zivot-v-kanade-chci-ziskat-zpet-herni-praxi-a-idealne-se-posunout-do-mls/

V interesting. Says, as a scoop, that they too will do a stage in Atleti facilities in Madrid. That basically all the CPL will, from what I understand. Is that right then? 

6 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:
Not sounding good for Paul Stalteri. Would be surprising if he wasn't also interviewed for the job and if he was that would probably be too awkward to handle for the new guy coming in from Calgary.

Nash's statement implies Stalteri has lots of offers elsewhere that he wants to consider, regardless of who's in charge. As he says, they have a good relationship, but Paul obviously wants to consider taking a next step since he has the opportunity.

15 hours ago, Zem said:

Nash's statement implies Stalteri has lots of offers elsewhere that he wants to consider, regardless of who's in charge. As he says, they have a good relationship, but Paul obviously wants to consider taking a next step since he has the opportunity.

Sometimes it is what doesn't get said that is more important if you want to try to decipher PR speak. Given how tone deaf not hiring Carmine Isacco or Paul Stalteri appears to be, it makes me wonder how much involvement Carlo Baldassarra and Greenpark Homes still have with York United. Can anybody come up with concrete evidence that they are still in the loop on decisions like this?

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

2 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Sometimes it is what doesn't get said that is more important if you want to try to decipher PR speak. Given how tone deaf not hiring Carmine Isacco or Paul Stalteri appears to be, it makes me wonder how much involvement Carlo Baldassarra and Greenpark Homes still have with York United. Can anybody come up with concrete evidence that they are still in the loop on decisions like this?

I’m assuming they still own this team? If they still do it would be puzzling that they wouldn’t have the final say in hiring of coaches and managers.  But unless Carmine or Paul didn’t want the job then not hiring any one of them for the head coaching job is puzzling.

1 hour ago, SoccMan said:

Jordan Hamilton is available was let go by Indy 11 earlier this year but don’t know if can make much of an impact in the CPL was a non factor this season for Indy 11 in the USL’s top division, maybe time to hang up the boots . Turning 26 this year, might just call it a day who knows.

I would have no problem signing Jordan Hamilton at a CPL club as a very reasonable risk. Remember that Brian Wright was in a similar position a year or so ago and did well in the CPL.

2 hours ago, SoccMan said:

Jordan Hamilton is available was let go by Indy 11 earlier this year but don’t know if can make much of an impact in the CPL was a non factor this season for Indy 11 in the USL’s top division, maybe time to hang up the boots . Turning 26 this year, might just call it a day who knows.

I think he could offer something to a CPL team, but I don't know what his salary was in the USL he'd probably have to take a paycut in the CPL, which many Canadians did not want to do. AJH chose to retire rather than join a CPL team.

York United FC players under contract for 2022 (18):

1) Niko Giantsopoulos

4) Jordan Wilson 

5) Dominick Zator

6) Roger Thompson

7) Mamadou Kane

😎 Sebastian Gutierrez

9) Lisandro Cabrera

10) Mateo Hernandez

16) Max Ferrari

19) Noah Verhoeven

20) Diyaeddine Abzi

21) Michael Petrasso

28) Cedric Toussaint

36) Felix N’Sa

44) Isaiah Johnston

66) Chrisnovic N’Sa

80) Lowell Wright

99) William Wallace

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, StillOnFire said:

Looks like a really solid pick up with potential up sell value. Hopefully he gets into the country along with the other two new imports. 

More on it from northern tribune. https://northerntribune.ca/york-united-daniel-obekkjaer/?fbclid=IwAR2DSUeFrzU2X75OdW0iyRofDREQh5LsThnDp1nRtFpqANGJ8vJDPEvuxvg

5 hours ago, Big_M said:

played less than 10 games over a few years with the first team then became backup at spal u19 and his club u19...didnt live up to expectations and now needs to bounce back

Angus McNab seems to have a knack for finding these players needing a bounce back. I like these type of high potential signings, and I think one is bound to pay dividends sooner than later.