Tickets for Edmonton World Cup Qualifying Series.

Admin

5 hours ago, Cowtown Kyle said:

Hey everyone, long term fan and lurker of this site (although based off my username I apparently set up an account several years ago). 

Making the solo drive out from Regina and watching the match against Mexico in Section N Row 7.

Look forward to cheering on the lads with you all!

Kyle you should come join us at The Lobby for watch parties sometime. 

1 minute ago, Ed_S said:

From ESPN game report:

Game Information

• VENUE: BMO Field
  • 5:30 PM MT, October 13, 2021
  • Toronto, Canada
  • ATTENDANCE: 26,622

Yeah, I read his tweet too quickly and didn't even seen the part referring to the Panama game, leading me to think he picked that number out of thin air.

It's been a long day.

9 minutes ago, RS said:

Yeah, I read his tweet too quickly and didn't even seen the part referring to the Panama game, leading me to think he picked that number out of thin air.

It's been a long day.

It's all good Rudi. See you in Edmonton?? Last and only time I met you was in Toronto. Coffee with Winnipeg Fury and me.

Edited by Ed_S

At about of 4:35 pm local time on the first day of general public, nothing was left in lower bowl. I fully expect the CSA has held come back at least in the one end zone as it appears they have never been put up for sale. Can very well see those being used for groups like youth soccer clubs like Phonzie's old team the Edmonton Strikers. Have to figure they will be able to sell a lot for the return of their biggest alumnus coming home.  

This is one side of upper deck where the middle is essentially sold out minus singles. The other end of this side of upper deck is about the same. Commonwealth Stadium 32,000 in the lower bowl which is completely sold out minus what could have been held back, but who knows. Regardless ticket sales are looking great for only 2 days in.

I want to say about 36,000 seats have been sold for each game. The lower bowl holds 32 so that’s just over 24 k in the upper deck. Which means 12k one one side and it’s 70% sold. So 36k sold could very likely under estimate based on the fact we do not know what the CSA has held back.

1 hour ago, Cblake said:

At about of 4:35 pm local time on the first day of general public, nothing was left in lower bowl. I fully expect the CSA has held come back at least in the one end zone as it appears they have never been put up for sale. Can very well see those being used for groups like youth soccer clubs like Phonzie's old team the Edmonton Strikers. Have to figure they will be able to sell a lot for the return of their biggest alumnus coming home.  

This is one side of upper deck where the middle is essentially sold out minus singles. The other end of this side of upper deck is about the same. Commonwealth Stadium 32,000 in the lower bowl which is completely sold out minus what could have been held back, but who knows. Regardless ticket sales are looking great for only 2 days in.

I want to say about 36,000 seats have been sold for each game. The lower bowl holds 32 so that’s just over 24 k in the upper deck. Which means 12k one one side and it’s 70% sold. So 36k sold could very likely under estimate based on the fact we do not know what the CSA has held back.

Yeah it’s crazy how much has sold relative to the games in Toronto.  Different vibe, different circumstances after the Panama game.  I wish I could go to both but I’ve got pick my battles with work the next 12 months if the best possibility happens and I need to take 2-3 weeks off next November..

Edited by EJsens1

53 minutes ago, EJsens1 said:

Yeah it’s crazy how much has sold relative to the games in Toronto.  Different vibe, different circumstances after the Panama game.  I wish I could go to both but I’ve got pick my battles with work the next 12 months if the best possibility happens and I need to take 2-3 weeks off next November..

It's awesome seeing these tickets selling so fast, and I don't want to take away from what the fans in Edmonton are doing (and the people organizing/promoting), but it should be noted that the tickets in Edmonton seem to be $22 or $30 something, maybe there were some at $48 or something? I think even the lower bowl were in this kind of territory. For the Toronto games I think it was $57 for the upper deck corners, and $70 something for upper deck middle. Lower section was more expensive, I think over $100 at least for the middle ones, maybe the same $70ish price for the corners in the lower section. I don't know about behind the goals.

So the Edmonton tickets are priced better. I mentioned the Panama game to a guy on my soccer team and he asked how much were tickets. I said 50 something and he said he'd probably go if it was more like 30.

But seriously, if Edmonton can sell 50k to each of these games, that is epic, regardless of prices. I'll be watching on TV but I can't wait to see what the crowd looks like!

^ The tickets for Panama might have been a bit pricey, but there was still a big pro-Canada crowd at BMO for the match, not to mention how short a window there was to sell additional tickets after COVID restrictions were loosened. Toronto showed up.

For match in a smaller city without a built-in soccer fanbase, with the prospect of miserable weather, cheap is the way to go. Good on the tall foreheads at the CSA for realizing it.

I'd expect ticket prices in Vancouver in January to fall somewhere in between these two ranges.

3 minutes ago, Kent said:

It's awesome seeing these tickets selling so fast, and I don't want to take away from what the fans in Edmonton are doing (and the people organizing/promoting), but it should be noted that the tickets in Edmonton seem to be $22 or $30 something, maybe there were some at $48 or something? I think even the lower bowl were in this kind of territory. For the Toronto games I think it was $57 for the upper deck corners, and $70 something for upper deck middle. Lower section was more expensive, I think over $100 at least for the middle ones, maybe the same $70ish price for the corners in the lower section. I don't know about behind the goals.

So the Edmonton tickets are priced better. I mentioned the Panama game to a guy on my soccer team and he asked how much were tickets. I said 50 something and he said he'd probably go if it was more like 30.

But seriously, if Edmonton can sell 50k to each of these games, that is epic, regardless of prices. I'll be watching on TV but I can't wait to see what the crowd looks like!

This price structure TFC used to sellout the dome for the Champions League vs. Beckham and the Galaxy back in 2012. It was priced to sell with with the entire 500 level priced at $12. The 200 level where I was were $20. I bought eight of them and brought many who had never been to a game before. It was a pretty special night, but the magnitude of these matches in Edmonton will be tenfold. I know its apples and oranges but the cheapest ticket for the USA Mexico WCQ during the upcoming break are $125USD. We got a pretty good deal going here in Canada. 

4 minutes ago, Kent said:

We got tickets at BMO for each home game.  We were in the most expensive section close to midfield, $75 but with surcharges came to over $90.  To me the price was irrelevant and frankly, the Panama game felt like I paid $90 for a game that had the value of $500 seats based on the result.

I got 6 tickets for both games via the 2 game pack, section R, 20 rows up.  Great seats.  Everything came to $460 or something.  It breaks down to $32.25 a ticket.  That’s f’d.  I can’t wait.

A lot of us who can't make these matches are so proud of everyone's response. Really awesome. 

Even better: Mexico have already seemed to be bothered by the choice of venue, well journalists at least. The place and weather forecast. But what will they say when 60,000 are sitting in those conditions? 

These conditions are tricky because the rival strategy will likely be to get something early then sit back. It'll get harder the deeper in. If it snows, more so. 

51 minutes ago, Kent said:

$20-60

• Admin unpinned this topic