Woobens Pacius

Stryker911

23 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

He could be really good for them but is the a Next Pro move ? They really do focus heavily on domestic and let’s not forget they have that MacNoughton guy and they signed Johnston last year. They obviously rate the Can PL.

Next Pro is a step down.

I hope that's not the case

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Nashville? Is Pacius a domestic for them? I though they got rid of all their international roster slots.

No, I imagine they just loan him down to Huntsville.  

50 minutes ago, narduch said:

Does he count as a homegrown?

Nope.  

53 minutes ago, narduch said:

We need a camp poutine so guys like this are involved in the program

Its wild that our depth is so great (comparatively) that I dont think we bring pacius to camp poutine based on merit.

3- Sirios St clair crepeau 

8- Franklin ZBG Ali edwards LMK waterman ZMG stefanovic

7 - Loturi Paton Choiniere zouhir JMR bombito saliba 

5- Akinola JRR Shaf Nelson Colyn 

HM: JKL, Tahid, smith, zator, heibert, vilsaint, pacius, nimick, petrasso, michel, fraser, kerr, raposo, young, 

3 hours ago, Big_M said:

didnt play in an mls academy in the year prior to turning 16 so cant count as a domestic on an american team that way but could count as a domestic if he played in a canadian approved youth club in the year prior to turning 16

Believe this only applies when a player is signing their 1st professional contract.

8 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Believe this only applies when a player is signing their 1st professional contract.

went back on the rules and this is correct...its under the condition that his first pro contract is with an mls team or affiliate...since this is not the case here he cannot count as domestic on an american mls team

The league announced that the updated parameters will go into effect in 2017. Current and future MLS players will be affected in that:

• Any current MLS player who was a member of an MLS club academy in the year prior to the year in which they turned 16 will be considered a domestic player on MLS rosters in both the US and Canada beginning in 2017. 
  • Any amateur player who was a member of an MLS Academy or Canadian Approved Youth Club in the year prior to the year in which he turned 16, will be considered a domestic player upon signing his first professional contract with an MLS club or and MLS club’s USL affiliate.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

CSA gives the exemption to MLS Canadians teams. This whole domestic players/approved clubs thing came at result of the CSA and less the MLS Canadian clubs.

The CSA has more power than we think.

I stand to be corrected but I was definitely understanding that the rules surrounding domestic player eligibility/criteria are determined by MLS.  Not sure how it would serve the CSA’s interest in player development to exclude CPL players from domestic status in what is ultimately likely to be the biggest potential transfer market for league exports.  MLS definitely benefits from the status quo insofar as it protects its lower tier feeder leagues and incentivizes young players with MLS aspirations to choose them as a development pathway.  But CSA?  I just don’t see the angle.  

6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I stand to be corrected but I was definitely understanding that the rules surrounding domestic player eligibility/criteria are determined by MLS.  Not sure how it would serve the CSA’s interest in player development to exclude CPL players from domestic status in what is ultimately likely to be the biggest potential transfer market for league exports.  MLS definitely benefits from the status quo insofar as it protects its lower tier feeder leagues and incentivizes young players with MLS aspirations to choose them as a development pathway.  But CSA?  I just don’t see the angle.  

I think what @Shway meant is that the change from the "Canadians are internationals on American teams" to the current "OK, some of them can count as domestics" came about because of pressure from the CSA. He isn't saying CSA wants players like Pacius to be restricted in his movement to MLS, he is saying they could be doing more to exert pressure on MLS to get them to change their rules.

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think what @Shway meant is that the change from the "Canadians are internationals on American teams" to the current "OK, some of them can count as domestics" came about because of pressure from the CSA. He isn't saying CSA wants players like Pacius to be restricted in his movement to MLS, he is saying they could be doing more to exert pressure on MLS to get them to change their rules.

Ah ok.  Was in the hot tub and may have had drinks…. Prob should put the phone away.  

9 hours ago, Kent said:

But people will then quote some bullshit about American labour laws won't allow some to be favoured over others

...the USL had Canadians as domestics for years, as soon as their wasn't any more Canadian teams in the league the rule was rightfully so changed back to Canadians without green cards are considered international players.

A lot more Canadians/CPL players would be in MLS if not for these stupid rules they create.

Edited by Shway

On 12/15/2023 at 3:58 PM, Big_M said:

went back on the rules and this is correct...its under the condition that his first pro contract is with an mls team or affiliate...since this is not the case here he cannot count as domestic on an american mls team

The league announced that the updated parameters will go into effect in 2017. Current and future MLS players will be affected in that:

• Any current MLS player who was a member of an MLS club academy in the year prior to the year in which they turned 16 will be considered a domestic player on MLS rosters in both the US and Canada beginning in 2017. 
  • Any amateur player who was a member of an MLS Academy or Canadian Approved Youth Club in the year prior to the year in which he turned 16, will be considered a domestic player upon signing his first professional contract with an MLS club or and MLS club’s USL affiliate.

2017?