Woobens Pacius

Stryker911

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Definitely got the power pace and can score in the air and at his feet. I think he is half way there from David. He plays from deep quite a bit. 

I just can’t see how he and Wright with those builds don’t interest a European team.

The level of the league is around or above USL Championship, and if I guy like Reynolds is scouted from there, I’d think more guys will be.

1 hour ago, Dominic94 said:

I just can’t see how he and Wright with those builds don’t interest a European team.

The level of the league is around or above USL Championship, and if I guy like Reynolds is scouted from there, I’d think more guys will be.

Lets not jump the gun here 😄... we are not at USL Championship level yet.  Not sure which Reynolds you are referencing but if its Bryan, he played 20 first team games and almost 25 games for the youth national team in order to get that exposure. 

The players from US/Canada/Mexico are scouted by top teams first in national team competitions.  I think Woobens and Lowell could play somewhere in Europe and succeed, but right now, it's going to be more of their agents reaching out to teams rather than other way around.  This applies to everyone in the cpl, any league where we'd like our players to be going to just simply isn't watching.  It will take time.

43 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

Lets not jump the gun here 😄... we are not at USL Championship level yet.  Not sure which Reynolds you are referencing but if its Bryan, he played 20 first team games and almost 25 games for the youth national team in order to get that exposure. 

The players from US/Canada/Mexico are scouted by top teams first in national team competitions.  I think Woobens and Lowell could play somewhere in Europe and succeed, but right now, it's going to be more of their agents reaching out to teams rather than other way around.  This applies to everyone in the cpl, any league where we'd like our players to be going to just simply isn't watching.  It will take time.

We’ve been competing with our CDN MLS teams and have a few upsets, I don’t think USL Championship is a better level.

12 hours ago, narduch said:

There are usually a few USLC teams that upset MLS teams each year in the US Open Cup too though 

Although with mass squad rotation or complete reserve and youth players (think more MTL vs Halifax, less Pacific vs the Whitecaps)

15 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

We’ve been competing with our CDN MLS teams and have a few upsets, I don’t think USL Championship is a better level.

I think Forge, and maybe Pacific and Cavalry, are at or close to USL-C level. The remaining teams are quite bad, and the gap to the top 3 is large. In the case of Forge, they might be one of the only teams spending to (beyond?) the cap, while all three seem to be better managed and had a pre-existing base to build on.

Considering Haiti have already approached Metusala about repping them I imagine an approach for Pacius isn't far behind.

And what sucks is Pacius wouldn't even be able to play any U23 for Canada unless we qualify for the Olympics due to that stupid tournament change CONCACAF did.

36 minutes ago, jonovision said:

I think Forge, and maybe Pacific and Cavalry, are at or close to USL-C level. The remaining teams are quite bad, and the gap to the top 3 is large. In the case of Forge, they might be one of the only teams spending to (beyond?) the cap, while all three seem to be better managed and had a pre-existing base to build on.

Concacaf League results are another indicator that CPL rates are bit higher

49 minutes ago, jonovision said:

The top 3 are definitely at or above, can’t just throw Forge in there alone.

Ottawa is likely a bottom tier team in that league. The rest fall between the middle of the bottom half.

39 minutes ago, VinceA said:

Considering Haiti have already approached Metusala about repping them I imagine an approach for Pacius isn't far behind.

And what sucks is Pacius wouldn't even be able to play any U23 for Canada unless we qualify for the Olympics due to that stupid tournament change CONCACAF did.

Hopefully that change is reversed.

16 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

I'd say based on performances of players that have played in both leagues, USLC is above CPL, but not by much. I do think that CPL will equal if not surpass USLC in the next couple of years though. I would imagine that the uncertainty going into the past two covid seasons, and being unable to get some internationals in has stifled CPL's quality a little bit

11 hours ago, VinceA said:

I know it’s tough now, and not a priority, but we need to start having domestic camps semi regularly. Our rivals do it all the time - no reason we can’t get a domestic all star squad together and play Central American or Caribbean teams. 

11 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

I know it’s tough now, and not a priority, but we need to start having domestic camps semi regularly. Our rivals do it all the time - no reason we can’t get a domestic all star squad together and play Central American or Caribbean teams. 

This January we definitely need to have a camp poutine leading into January WCQ window. Mostly to help the out of season National teamers get some game time in. But you can fill the roster out with some bubble players 

21 minutes ago, Shway said:

No rea$on you $ay…

Will that $till be a rea$on now that $occer Canada will have at lea$t $even game$ on the men'$ $ide and a handful on the women'$ $ide? When will those coffer$ be replin$hed with $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? 

• 2 weeks later...

Well those guys are young enough that if they think they can make the Canadian team they'll hold out. Would you rather play for a top team in the continentand go to a world cup and face tour hero's or play for a middling team and never go anywhere. If they were mid to late 20s,the I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to play international but at age 20 guys like Pacius must be thinking I have a shot to join this greatness. 

7 minutes ago, rydermike said:

Well those guys are young enough that if they think they can make the Canadian team they'll hold out. Would you rather play for a top team in the continentand go to a world cup and face tour hero's or play for a middling team and never go anywhere. If they were mid to late 20s,the I'm sure they'd jump at the chance to play international but at age 20 guys like Pacius must be thinking I have a shot to join this greatness. 

Sure but Haiti could be seeing 2026 as a realistic goal and would want to build a core going forward.