Woobens Pacius

Stryker911

This is a kid who should be starting every single game for Forge, letting him find rhythm and consistency is key.  We've seen he can score goals but the constant rotation in the lineup and his position doesn't help at all.

It's important to note that he's also rejected a renewal at Forge and his contract expires at season's end so there's no incentive for Forge to push/market him.  

48 minutes ago, Footyeh said:

This is a kid who should be starting every single game for Forge, letting him find rhythm and consistency is key.  We've seen he can score goals but the constant rotation in the lineup and his position doesn't help at all.

It's important to note that he's also rejected a renewal at Forge and his contract expires at season's end so there's no incentive for Forge to push/market him.  

So who gets benched then, Terran Campbell? Borges, Choiniere, Poku? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/10/2023 at 2:04 PM, Aird25 said:

So who gets benched then, Terran Campbell? Borges, Choiniere, Poku? 

Old question, I realise, but Borges doesn't even look CPL squad depth quality the past couple of times I've seen him. Like he was a last minute callup or something, completely invisible. WTH happened to him, anyways?

Edited by nolando

4 minutes ago, masster said:

I understand that Campbell has perhaps been more consistent and his goal scoring record is impressive, but Pacius' ceiling is just so much higher. Maybe the competition is good for him to not become complacent, but if I am Forge, I know who I would be hitching my wagon to.

I don't disagree on the ceiling bit, but I wonder if you're Forge maybe you do the opposite?

Pacius being a 2001 would have a higher market value, so maybe that's the player you move along eventually? Campbell is 1998 and will be 25 in October. Not sure he's young enough for an MLS side to take a punt on, but maybe Scandanavia (think Alejandro Diaz).

I won't go as far as saying he'll be a CPL-lifer, but far more likely to stay in the league imo. Therefore, that's probably who they end up building around, I am thinking. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/forge-fc/startseite/verein/68029

Pacius valued at $400k, double that of Campbell. 

13 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I don't disagree on the ceiling bit, but I wonder if you're Forge maybe you do the opposite?

Pacius being a 2001 would have a higher market value, so maybe that's the player you move along eventually? Campbell is 1998 and will be 25 in October. Not sure he's young enough for an MLS side to take a punt on, but maybe Scandanavia (think Alejandro Diaz).

I won't go as far as saying he'll be a CPL-lifer, but far more likely to stay in the league imo. Therefore, that's probably who they end up building around, I am thinking. 

https://www.transfermarkt.us/forge-fc/startseite/verein/68029

Pacius valued at $400k, double that of Campbell. 

Pacius has suitors in MLS and Europe, Forge could very well try to cash in on him.

5 hours ago, masster said:

I understand that Campbell has perhaps been more consistent and his goal scoring record is impressive, but Pacius' ceiling is just so much higher. Maybe the competition is good for him to not become complacent, but if I am Forge, I know who I would be hitching my wagon to.

After watching both live on Saturday, I couldn't agree more.

Campbell was quite a bit more effective with Pacific than Pacius has been with Forge, at a similar age, but his form has dropped since his move. I don’t watch a lot of forge so I can’t explain why 

Edited by Aird25

43 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Campbell was quite a bit more effective with Pacific than Pacius has been with Forge, at a similar age, but his form has dropped since his move. I don’t watch a lot of forge so I can’t explain why 

Are you talking goal scoring rate or some other measure? 

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Campbell just had a quiet season after transferring out. Perhaps too because Forge didn't use him right or enough.

This year he's fine and at his former rate.

I agree though that his youthful promise has likely slipped by and he's in solid CPL mode.

12 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Campbell just had a quiet season after transferring out. Perhaps too because Forge didn't use him right or enough.

This year he's fine and at his former rate.

I agree though that his youthful promise has likely slipped by and he's in solid CPL mode.

Likely because both Pacius and Campbell are 9's and they end up being asked to play a significant amount of time on the wings as 7's or 11's. This explains Borges drop in goals as he also is asked to play wide when IMO he is better suited as a CAM (not fast enough to play wide). Anyways...their production, or lack there of, often comes from where they are in the formation and whether they are "hot" or not. Campbell got hot this year in the number nine and as such, Pacius found playing opportunities there limited. Last year was the reverse...Pacius seemed to catch fire and played the majority of the time as the striker.

Agreed Pacius has the higher ceiling as a poacher...not fast enough to play as a winger...again just my opinion.

19 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Yes for goal scoring and goal contributions. I’d hazard a guess for most other metrics as well

Every Woobens Pacius season is better than every Pacific Terran Campbell season in terms of goals per minute. But he's sat behind Campbell a fair bit this season so Bobby probably agrees that the latter has been more effective.

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Every Woobens Pacius season is better than every Pacific Terran Campbell season in terms of goals per minute. But he's sat behind Campbell a fair bit this season so Bobby probably agrees that the latter has been more effective.

Pacius would be a better option that Toye & Offor in Montreal.

Oh right, he's also homegrown.

• 3 months later...