Dieu-Merci Michel

Atlantic

I could be wrong but I think he’s not old enough to join European youth academies (and doesn’t have a passport from a European country) so he couldn’t move abroad this year. 

Since he is a 2004 born player his choices are either to sign somewhere domestically or basically go on trial in Europe until he’s 18. 

• 3 months later...

Saw he liked a post from North Texas SC, the MLS Next Pro team of FC Dallas. Seeing as Pa Modou-Kah is the coach and they’ve just signed Paul Amedume on loan, I’d say this is telling. He still wishes Club NXT players happy birthday, so hopefully Brugge is still on... but we’ll see very soon, I suspect.

17 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

Saw he liked a post from North Texas SC, the MLS Next Pro team of FC Dallas. Seeing as Pa Modou-Kah is the coach and they’ve just signed Paul Amedume on loan, I’d say this is telling. He still wishes Club NXT players happy birthday, so hopefully Brugge is still on... but we’ll see very soon, I suspect.

Not sure how reliable this individual is but this could explain the lack of news in the past few months.

34 minutes ago, SwedishBadMan said:

He trialed with Pacific last year so he knows Modou-Kah and Amedume 

Also yes, he is now 18 and can sign in Europe 

Edited by Atlantic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Ivan said:

Surprised he didn't make the U20 camp given how highly touted he is.  Maybe the trial/signing is why?

With limited preparation, there was always going to be guys who missed out. I think what bothers me the most is that we could’ve had two separate camps in North America, and Europe with the amount of guys that “popped out of nowhere”. If we were that serious about qualifying (based on Bonits words) the ability to do so was there.

18 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Great landing spot for the kid.  Being from Angola, the transition should be slightly easier for him as well.  Usually a few dozen Angolans or Portuguese of Angolan decent play in Liga Nos every season.  Looks like a couple Angolans on Vitoria's current senior team as well.

CAP HIM NOW

17 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

My only thinking with this was if they wanted him in the roster that badly they might've given him the JMR and co-treatment of mentioning him as unavailable for this camp but "in mind"

True. But they also said their was a 50 man list being tracked or some shit like that. 

It's just bad prep/organization but there will always be a valid reason=excuse. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...