Dieu-Merci Michel

Atlantic

3 minutes ago, VinceA said:

True that would elevate him in my books too.😋

But as far as where he is now, I mean, he scored a ton of goals with the U19s, now he’s getting going with the B team, usually our prospects sputter out around then, so seeing him adapt to the higher level without a drop in form is a really good sign. Vitoria seem to be struggling for goals but are fairly decent at stopping them, so I hope he gets a shot at some point. If not, playing for the senior team next year at 20 is really good and I think depending on how he does, could quickly put him above a guy like Ugbo. 

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Scored two goals for Vitoria B yesterday. Stats are difficult to come by in this league, the apps don’t tally stats and I think Transfermarkt still has his club stats from last season, but from what I can tell, that’s 3 goals in 18 games now. He seems to score in bunches. 

This site tends to be good for Portugal. Says he has five on the year in 19 appearances, three as a sub.

https://www.ceroacero.es/jugador/dieu-michel/969336?search=1

This is fourth tier, divided into 4 divisions or Serie. He's in the same group as Juvy Kooner at Oliveira do Douro. The fact I knew about this site is that I was looking at Juvy earlier today.

https://www.ceroacero.es/edition.php?id=176450

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

11 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

This site tends to be good for Portugal. Says he has five on the year in 19 appearances, three as a sub.

https://www.ceroacero.es/jugador/dieu-michel/969336?search=1

This is fourth tier, divided into 4 divisions or Serie. He's in the same group as Juvy Kooner at Oliveira do Douro. The fact I knew about this site is that I was looking at Juvy earlier today.

https://www.ceroacero.es/edition.php?id=176450

That makes more sense- I follow him on Instagram and basically check his stats whenever he makes a post about a goal or a team result. Difficult to find stats for lower Portuguese leagues because you have to sift through about 15 different gambling sites in the way there.

Vitoria (senior team) sit in 5th in Portugal- I know they are a small market team and it seems like they have a few overachieving forwards. I wonder if this opens up an opportunity for him to get a look next season as they’ll probably want to sell high on a couple guys and promote internally. 

Also, if that site is accurate, team leader has 6 goals, so he’s right up there for club lead.

Edited by InglewoodJack

2 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

That makes more sense- I follow him on Instagram and basically check his stats whenever he makes a post about a goal or a team result. Difficult to find stats for lower Portuguese leagues because you have to sift through about 15 different gambling sites in the way there.

Vitoria (senior team) sit in 5th in Portugal- I know they are a small market team and it seems like they have a few overachieving forwards. I wonder if this opens up an opportunity for him to get a look next season as they’ll probably want to sell high on a couple guys and promote internally. 

Exactly...or if this B team can promote into third tier that is a higher level and a better test for his abilities. The leap from 4th tier to a top first tier side is harder, from third tier it'd be more feasible. 

I think a B team can promote in Portugal up to 2nd tier.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Exactly...or if this B team can promote into third tier that is a higher level and a better test for his abilities. The leap from 4th tier to a top first tier side is harder, from third tier it'd be more feasible. 

I think a B team can promote in Portugal up to 2nd tier.

Correct- Porto B is in 2nd tier. Looking like Vitoria is one spot out of promotion this year, so they could end up promoted. He’d be 20 next year I think, so if they don’t make it, I wonder if they send him on the promotion carousel and he ends up with a second tier club to test out his level next year