Dieu-Merci Michel

Atlantic

2 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

A Canadian Haitian Dual…. I remember we had one once who was really good….

u-23’s at 16-17…. That’s dam impressive.

I’m not actually 100% sure if Club NXT is actually considered their U23 side but it seems to suggest it is their top youth level. I think in Belgium it might actually be U21 (gonna change the OP). 

I won’t have any worries about him not choosing Canada (and we are still far away from that ever being a serious topic) because his agent (and the entire agency) works with Canadian kids to get them to the next level of professional soccer. Akinola is also a client of Huoseh and now he is committed to us despite influence from the states. I’m sure once the time comes if he reaches a high enough level Huoseh will push him towards playing for Canada. 

On another topic it’s nice to see some new names constantly pop-up in European academies, top ones at that. 

2 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

As soon as I heard this name, I was like he's Haitian and low and behold I'm right LMAOOOOO 

Is Dieu Merci Yuma of Haitian backround? I thought he had Congolese or West African ancestors?

I'm not sure you can peg the name as being purely "Haitian".

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

38 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Is Dieu Merci Yuma of Haitian backround? I thought he had Congolese or West African ancestors?

That would explain the Belgian connection.

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

If that is the case then that's cool but here is hoping he can actually develop into something 

The "but" and the general tone of your sentence makes it sound like you rate him less because he is of Angolan backround and not Haitian as you previously thought. What a bizarre thing to write.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

3 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The "but" and the general tone of your sentence makes it sound like you rate him less because he is of Angolan backround and not Haitian as you previously thought. What a bizarre thing to write.

I actually rate him less because of how young he is not having anything to do with his background 

On 7/10/2021 at 5:56 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Yuma is plainly an African surname, whereas Michel is French sounding. Clearly, TGAA was basing his guess on that rather than solely the first name.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:23 AM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I didn't get this at all from the post, I took the "but" to be interchangeable with "regardless" i.e. whether he is Haitian, Angolan, or whatever else, hopefully he can develop into something. In the context of TGAA's previous posts your interpretation of this post seems less accurate as he has been shown to be a booster of African soccer in general.

On 7/10/2021 at 5:00 PM, HochelagaFC said:

What difference does it make? What if he was Canadian and Liberian, would we have to cap him?

I didn't take TGAA mentioning that he is Haitian as specfically why we have to cap him, just that he's a dual national and TGAA happened to list his nationalities rather than using the term "dual national". In any case, Haiti is in our region while Liberia is not, so if one really wanted to they could make some argument there.

I get it's easy to tease TGAA (his posts can grate on me sometimes, but he's harmless mostly), but in this case it really seems to me like guys are picking on normal posts because of who the poster was.

Played the first half in match in the “Future of Football Cup” against Jong PSV wearing #9. 

Full match: 

He drew a penalty at the 45:00 mark and at 47:11 makes a nice interception and then a nice move before having his shot deflected and the ball hitting inwards off the post. 

He is very tall compared to the rest of the players out there and won tons of aerial balls and had some headers fly over the bar.

Edited by Atlantic

On 7/10/2021 at 6:21 PM, yothat2 said:

I think this might be the kid from the Fc Edmonton academy that Jeff Paulus wanted to bring to the island games last year. spent the pre-season training with Alan Koch and Fced.  Should be in great fitness. 

No. This is the kid from BTB (been in the program since he was 8 years old). Trained with FC Edmonton Academy for 2-3 months before deciding to move on. He was training/trial with the FCE first team for 3 -4 weeks prior to the start of CPL. 4-5 other BTB boys were also helping FCE with their training prior to the bubble.

On 7/11/2021 at 3:23 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

But deep down don't you agree? 

Seriously, my school here in Spain tried to argue that I had to be patient with my African students because "they have other customs" and all that stuff, we know what that's about.

When I told them my best students with the highest academic level were an Angolan, a Kenyan and another from Ramallah, they seemed disappointed.