Dieu-Merci Michel

Atlantic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, jordan said:

Still a U23, and B team to crack in between

I was looking at the standings of the U23 league in Portugal and I couldn't seem to find any Vitoria SC U23. Took a look at their transfermarket page, and it seems they were disbanded after last season.

Just browsed this thread.  

Holy shit, 4-5 pages of completely detailed discussion of nationalism and bandwagonism.   

Aside from all that, this kid seems like a pretty solid prospect.  Scoring lots among his age-peers is a pretty good way to get the attention of the senior team.  Like @InglewoodJack I am curious how this guy rates compared to our other young guys in the pipeline.  

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

How excited about this guy should we get? He seems by far our best U20 player in Europe right now, and the only one putting up these kinds of numbers.

IMO hard to say what scoring for fun against other youth teams in Portugal means. He turns 19 in a month and a half. I would say he needs to start playing senior ball somewhere in the next 12 months if he wants to make it as a pro. If he can do that and show signs of goal production against men, then I'll start getting excited.

19 hours ago, phresh said:

I was looking at the standings of the U23 league in Portugal and I couldn't seem to find any Vitoria SC U23. Took a look at their transfermarket page, and it seems they were disbanded after last season.

Was just looking at news from Chaves and they list they played a Vitoria B team. Maybe just the U23’s but too bad there was no roster info released

C773E671-92A6-4678-88D0-BB9F1F201067.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Vitoria only has 25 goals in 29 games, Attackers is what they need and this guy seems to be doing pretty well, I wouldn’t be surprised if he makes the jump soon.

Likely going to take time to get up to the big team, it’s 20 mins for a third tier team on route to relegation.

17 minutes ago, Jack1997 said:

Is he a winger or a striker? I can’t find any clear evidence of either.

He’s a CF.

• 4 weeks later...

Played the full match the last two games for the B team. They drew today but I haven’t seen the roster info yet.

Edit: looks like he was red carded today

https://www.transfermarkt.us/cf-canelas-2010_vitoria-guimaraes-sc-b/index/spielbericht/4041358

https://www.transfermarkt.us/anadia-fc_vitoria-guimaraes-sc-b/index/spielbericht/4041366