Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

Strange feeling when you watch a heart breaking loss in the last ten seconds and yet still really enjoyed the game and the team.  So much fun watching these guys.  You can just feel and tell there are good things coming. 

Nancy is doing amazing things.  Quickly undoing the damage and system Garde and Henry had going.

Miller is really stepping up, this guy is quickly showing he can become the CB Canada so badly needs.

11 hours ago, costarg said:

Miller is really stepping up, this guy is quickly showing he can become the CB Canada so badly needs.

I only watch the highlights of the Montreal matches and from what I see Miller seems to get beat in the air often within the 8 yard box for headers. Many of which result in goals. I don’t know what the rest of his game looks like and he seems to get ratings but I would say he needs to fix that part of his game. 

On 5/16/2021 at 7:50 PM, costarg said:

Strange feeling when you watch a heart breaking loss in the last ten seconds and yet still really enjoyed the game and the team.  So much fun watching these guys.  You can just feel and tell there are good things coming. 

Nancy is doing amazing things.  Quickly undoing the damage and system Garde and Henry had going.

Exactly, even though it was a heartbreaking loss, you can see the way the team this team is trending. For most of Henry's stint I always found myself wondering what this team was trying to do tactically. 

A massive plus for me is how capable players coming off the bench are looking, everybody looks engaged and ready to contribute. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

Does anybody feel like some of these sudden course reversals are a bit formulated? Could it be that people are that desperate for a bit of buzz and circulation on social media

For instance I could be a dead beat but become a raging alcoholic for a few weeks. Then declare I've stopped drinking, go back to being my same old dead beat self but be hailed a hero because I am no longer a raging alcoholic that I really never intended to be. Everyone pats themselves on the back and feels fulfilled in life for 24hrs

Edited by SpursFlu

On 5/18/2021 at 1:01 PM, SpursFlu said:

Does anybody feel like some of these sudden course reversals are a bit formulated? Could it be that people are that desperate for a bit of buzz and circulation on social media

For instance I could be a dead beat but become a raging alcoholic for a few weeks. Then declare I've stopped drinking, go back to being my same old dead beat self but be hailed a hero because I am no longer a raging alcoholic that I really never intended to be. Everyone pats themselves on the back and feels fulfilled in life for 24hrs

And here I thought that only your Covid related takes were fucked up. Who knew?

Was going to ask for a quick QRD from someone but since this is my vacation week, I figured, why not take the lead myself on this. I had no idea this happened until opening the CF Montreal thread a few moments prior.

So apparently this was the original plan: 

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-6.21.29-PM-e1620685344283.png

And now it morphed to this:

NEW_Crew_Logo.001.0.jpeg

Overall, I like the rebrand but it is good they amended it back to the Crew with the 96 in there instead of giving the C that strange goatee. 

I think we'll see more MLS clubs go with minimalist rebrands in the future as it's a North American sports tradition. Juventus did one a few years back and it might be a trend for European clubs as well to get rid of their cluttered, traditional patches.

Edited by Macksam

On 5/20/2021 at 10:36 AM, Macksam said:

Was going to ask for a quick QRD from someone but since this is my vacation week, I figured, why not take the lead myself on this. I had no idea this happened until opening the CF Montreal thread a few moments prior.

So apparently this was the original plan: 

Screen-Shot-2021-05-10-at-6.21.29-PM-e1620685344283.png

And now it morphed to this:

NEW_Crew_Logo.001.0.jpeg

Overall, I like the rebrand but it is good they amended it back to the Crew with the 96 in there instead of giving the C that strange goatee. 

I think we'll see more MLS clubs go with minimalist rebrands in the future as it's a North American sports tradition. Juventus did one a few years back and it might be a trend for European clubs as well to get rid of their cluttered, traditional patches.

I'm personally not a fan of the new minimalistic logo's but yes that does seem to be the dominant trend. 

But yeah, the logo essentially stayed the same and they just reverted back to the original club name. I would be much happier if the Montreal did the same. 

20 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

I'm personally not a fan of the new minimalistic logo's but yes that does seem to be the dominant trend. 

I think the minimalist trend was a strong response to the children's clip art like logos that dominated MLS since inception, obviously not all the designs mind you as I thought the Impact's crest was one of the better ones. San Jose Earthquake, KC, Houston all had some changes, and even though most of the 90s Saturday morning cartoon logos have been axed, there are still some cumbersome designs that exist.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 9:09 PM, Grandbloke said:

Hopefully this means more playing time for Miller and Waterman.

ya, its kinda good yet bad news.  Binks was the best CB last year.  However they've got depth, really up to Waterman and Miller to earn and prove they're up for the job.  Would be great to see them both succeed. 

Seemed Pantemis did well last night.  Few big saves from what i saw versus Nashville.  They had no right winning and we’re lucky to sneak out a point from what I saw of the game.  

media guys mention Urutti with 7 goals in Houston.   Wow a team found a way to work around  him to score 

I have to say that Nancy has CF Montreal playing an effective and mostly attractive brand of football with a limited budget, few new players from Henry's time, limited preparation as Henry left late, and effectively playing the season to date away from home.  He is also giving quite a few minutes to Canadians who have responded.  They are hovering around a playoff spot which is something considering no matches to date at Saputo.  And a welcome change from the shit shows which are TFC and the Whitecaps which are both bottom of their respective divisions.

My only question is what has happened to Ballou Tabla..he seems to have disappeared after the Olympic qualifying.  He supposedly had a groin injury before the season started but I would have thought he would be back by now or at least training.  But no word.  The way that Nancy plays i think would suit him and he definitely would get some playing time.  Too bad he seems to be out.