Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

Bah, me, personally, I like it.  This is an improvement on U13 Impact across the board. 

It needed to be done 10 years ago, even before MLS.  But now is better than never.  Bandaid is off, move on.  Colours are nice, logo is ok, the front office is doing their thing.  They're going in the right direction.

People will always find a way to criticize, especially in these covid times.  It's up to the individual to see snowflake as negative or positive.  Half full vs half empty.  There will never be a shortage of insults between rival clubs, why even try to avoid it?  

So because everyone else in MLS is becoming Something FC, they decided to be radically different and become CF Montreal. Which in English is Montreal FC.  I'm going to miss the Impact name.  

I do like the logo.  The colour names always crack me up, though.  Impact Black?  Black is black.  And the blue is called... well I guess we now have a Canadian Classique between the Reds and the Sacre Bleus?

1 hour ago, Trois Reds said:

So because everyone else in MLS is becoming Something FC, they decided to be radically different and become CF Montreal. Which in English is Montreal FC.  I'm going to miss the Impact name.  

I do like the logo.  The colour names always crack me up, though.  Impact Black?  Black is black.  And the blue is called... well I guess we now have a Canadian Classique between the Reds and the Sacre Bleus?

I don't pay much attention to this off-field stuff, as long as it doesn't impact my desire to wear the merchandise and the on-field product is competitive, I am good to go.  

Look at Chicago for a really bad logo.

Edited by MM3/MM2/MM

Is there anything more inherently soccer as club-name changes? Every self respected club has had at least one in Europe. And to be honest, I never liked the "Impact", cause it's generic and makes no sense. Whitecaps is a reference to the location (mountains and ocean), Impact could have been just anywhere.

Not sure what to think of Club Foot though, but I do like the new logo.

A well, they'll probably get it right the third time around. 

This rebrand makes it almost too easy for Toronto FC supporters to troll Montreal.

Just check club foot in image search on Google to see what you get.

Snowflake! "Special snowflake" memes for Montreal...

Snowflake image reminds some on reddit of the Glendale Community flag joke....

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.u6.j

I doubt the long term success of this rebrand...

4tyi7v.jpg

1 hour ago, fil said:

This rebrand makes it almost too easy for Toronto FC supporters to troll Montreal.

4tyi7v.jpg

1 hour ago, fil said:

4tyi7v.jpg

If the best they can do is poke fun at a logo, then have it, knock yourself out.  What happens on the pitch is important.