Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

1 hour ago, Moldy9 said:

Camacho with another one of his rebound performances. After scoring the winning goal against Houston, he gets an assist on the Orlando goal and a red card. Adieu Camacho! Good riddance. Please I hope his red card holds against the final Vs TFC we don’t need to have 12 v 10. 😝 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Yes but winning goal all started from the poor offensive corner kick which was too cute and led to the turnover.  Some good pieces in Montreal and a shame they didn’t get the result today.    Fate was sealed by that poor result versus Toronto and a few others.  They were never going to make big waves in the playoffs. 

Sucks to see them not make the playoffs but I'm honestly hopeful and excited going forward. 

On the field, we missed the playoffs and came short in some areas but I think we have to remember our injuries up top, Johnsen being a bust, and the fact we started the first 30-40% of the season in the U.S. We had a relatively young squad playing an entertaining brand of football, with our young Canadians playing big roles. I think Nancy has shown he's a great coach and we have a base to build on. 

Off the field was where my attention has been because I despise the rebrand and what's been happening to the club. I stopped watching games, especially after the ultras we're banned from the stadium. I felt this team just kept doubling down on screwing over the real fans of this team, even when it was clear everything they had done been a failure. Now the light at the end of the tunnel SEEMS to be showing with Gilmore being fired. I have to imagine there is going to be some sort of compromise, bringing back the old team name and figuring out the next steps forward. 

Edited by Chad_Impact

16 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Camacho with another one of his rebound performances. After scoring the winning goal against Houston, he gets an assist on the Orlando goal and a red card. Adieu Camacho! Good riddance. Please I hope his red card holds against the final Vs TFC we don’t need to have 12 v 10. 😝 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

And yeah ditto to that, Rudy has got to go. I've never seen a player make as many bone headed red card worthy decisions in my life

I agree with you Chad. Seeing how the club treats its own fans, locking the most loyal supporters out for what, their loyalty to the brand, really turned me off from this Montreal 2.0. I was already unattracted by the name and flakes, but kicking out your ultras, wow! It’s quite disgusting. Why would anyone buy tickets, unless you just want to go see a show, or buy their merch when the club has clearly proven profits and their vision are more important than their fans? 

Also the lack of solidarity with other supporters groups is embarrassing. Can anyone confirm if 1642 is a club established supporters group? They should be united in their grievance with the club. Surprisingly NDS even said it was a move too far to lockdown 132 and UM02. A club like this doesn’t deserve hardcore fans. They should just give their allegiance to a new MTL CPL team.

Kind of like an abusive relationship. One person is in the wrong and kicks the other person out. What, just cause the person finally admits they’re wrong, you want to go back with him/her???

22 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

I agree with you Chad. Seeing how the club treats its own fans, locking the most loyal supporters out for what, their loyalty to the brand, really turned me off from this Montreal 2.0. I was already unattracted by the name and flakes, but kicking out your ultras, wow! It’s quite disgusting. Why would anyone buy tickets, unless you just want to go see a show, or buy their merch when the club has clearly proven profits and their vision are more important than their fans? 

Also the lack of solidarity with other supporters groups is embarrassing. Can anyone confirm if 1642 is a club established supporters group? They should be united in their grievance with the club. Surprisingly NDS even said it was a move too far to lockdown 132 and UM02. A club like this doesn’t deserve hardcore fans. They should just give their allegiance to a new MTL CPL team.

Kind of like an abusive relationship. One person is in the wrong and kicks the other person out. What, just cause the person finally admits they’re wrong, you want to go back with him/her???

Yeah I'm very disappointed in 1642. They were initially against the rebrand from what I remember but quickly got into order with the club, and also didn't protest the banning of the ultras. Definitely a more club supported group

• 2 weeks later...

Don't follow MLS.  Haven't for years.  However I have kept an interested eye or two over the years on the Impact ....

Begin with a congrats on ANOTHER V's Cup win.  Well done all. 

Never been, to my regret, at Stade Saputo but it looks a wonderful park.  One of the footballing treasures we have in this country.

But hasn't all this off-field nonsense gone on long enough?  I don't want to take away from the emotional investment people have made into this footie team over the decades, in the grandstands or in the boardroom but have to say from the outside its all a very bad look.  Personalities and passions are in conflict, that is obvious, but it would sadden me to see a seperation develop into a divorse because of, well, pride.  

Just an underinformed opinion from someone on the outside looking in. 

14 hours ago, Cheeta said:

Don't follow MLS.  Haven't for years.  However I have kept an interested eye or two over the years on the Impact ....

Begin with a congrats on ANOTHER V's Cup win.  Well done all. 

Never been, to my regret, at Stade Saputo but it looks a wonderful park.  One of the footballing treasures we have in this country.

But hasn't all this off-field nonsense gone on long enough?  I don't want to take away from the emotional investment people have made into this footie team over the decades, in the grandstands or in the boardroom but have to say from the outside its all a very bad look.  Personalities and passions are in conflict, that is obvious, but it would sadden me to see a seperation develop into a divorse because of, well, pride.  

Just an underinformed opinion from someone on the outside looking in. 

This was written by one of the founding members of the Ultras and I think sums up 80% of fan sentiment right now. They're the ones not willing to compromise. 

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qMAFYY_xHp3K2LkUMVC60NcE_O2sYSNJ2BRGijbJscE/edit#

Thats a good video.  And the the guy makes some good points.   He makes good point about how punishing a whole group for the actions of few makes no sense.

The re brand idea was a disaster and horrible idea.  And it made no sense.  But when is it time to move on. ?  What if you lose the team entirely.  Are you still a fan of your local team?  Are you still a soccer fan? These are questions ppl have to asked themselves.

There is a reality that needs to be accepted in North america.  The Fans/supporters dont own the club.  The investors do.  The same investors who put down millions of dollars to join the league.  And the investors hire people to manage the club on their behalf.   You may not like their decsions and you have the option not purchase your ticket.   But thats the only recourse you have.   

Listening to your fans/supporters is important, yes (eg.: overall service), but i would never want to own business where the customers, no matter how loyal they are,  tell me how to run my business (eg.:  how i should spend my money).  Professional teams are a business whether we wish to believe it or not.  That so call trust that you hear about how clubs are run in europe where the suppoorters have say is all romantic,  but its not the reality of north america.  Clubs in europe are different legal entities from pro franchises in North america.  In europe where the clubs can be very old, they are tied into the fabric of teh cummunity,  in north america, they are an entertainment business.  You pay your money to be entertained.   ppl need to accept that. 

PS.:  i am not saying this is right or wrong but it is the reality. 

Edited by Free kick

Saw some people say that MTL wants a league to win…. And that in MLS u-23 they wouldn’t win…. But for the longest time them and VWFC were amongst the top teams…. They’re being ripped on but TFC left the setup for L10 so….

would rather they get their youth pro minutes than in the U23, and if they’ve got 8 youth to share with the can PL it might not be bad… but hard to deny farm league if 24 of Canada’s MLS clubs prospects are there.

So much criticism on social medias about the wait and see approach by Montreal for a league that hasn't kicked a ball and will cost lots of money upfront...

Yet...those same people were defending Ottawa Fury doing this to CPL.

The double standard is HILARIOUS and

Animated GIF

Edited by Ansem

33 minutes ago, Ansem said:

So much criticism on the wait and see approach by Montreal on social media about "wait and see" approach for a league that hasn't kicked a ball and will cost lots of money upfront...

Yet...those same people were defending Ottawa Fury doing this to CPL.

The double standard is HILARIOUS and

Animated GIF

This league is definitely going to be a money suck.

There is zero chance it will be well attended or even well followed