Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

20 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

I think this idea of leaving for the Can PL is laughable and needs to stop.

the move would cost Joey 400 million$ CAD easily, why would he essentially render his franchise worthless ? His team is worth the whole can PL how many times over ???

You misunderstand.  He'll make a tonne shitload of money if he sells CF Montreal to an owner that wants to take it to the US. 

He can then start a team in CPL for peanuts, new players and the Impact name.  Personally I don't think he'll drop a level, I don't think its his style, but one never knows what goes through anothers head.  It remains just a theory, but a possibility.

1 minute ago, costarg said:

You misunderstand.  He'll make a tonne shitload of money if he sells CF Montreal to an owner that wants to take it to the US. 

He can then start a team in CPL for peanuts, new players and the Impact name.  Personally I don't think he'll drop a level, I don't think its his style, but one never knows what goes through anothers head.  It remains just a theory, but a possibility.

Maybe after the franchise hits 500-600M usd in 6-7 years, but I just don’t see why do it and does MLS want to lose them ?

people are banking on the MLS growth, in the past Montreal drove the league forward with certain players, does MLS need or want them now though ?? 

Edited by Dominic94

Tremendous performance by the Club Des Flocons (snowflakes). I don’t give two schitts they’re still impact. As for Nancy I believe he is a higher calibre coach than Henry. Quioto looks like he’s taking off from last season. He had a few good chances. ZBG amazing runs. Mihailovic really impressed me the way he made TFC look like pylons on hwy 20. Waterman really didn’t look good. He got blitzed a couple of times. 

They looked good, Nancy finally got the team playing with a real system.  Players actually playing the position they've grown up playing in their natural positions is also a nice perk.  Just one game, but I can confirm, I'm glad Henry is no longer coach.

CFM is deep and has cover in all positions, first time in a really long time.

I always believed Miller would develop into a solid CB, he's showing that. 

Like Djordjie said, I also feel the pundits underestimated this team. 

9 hours ago, costarg said:

They looked good, Nancy finally got the team playing with a real system.  Players actually playing the position they've grown up playing in their natural positions is also a nice perk.  Just one game, but I can confirm, I'm glad Henry is no longer coach.

CFM is deep and has cover in all positions, first time in a really long time.

I always believed Miller would develop into a solid CB, he's showing that. 

Like Djordjie said, I also feel the pundits underestimated this team. 

Agreed. I like Nancy’s adjustments, Miller was a beast, I don’t have them or Vancouver that low.

CFM looking good thus far.  No one expected this two games in.  So many new players and coach, its quite an accomplishment.  So much for the dumpster fire some were predicting. 

The system looks solid, they're all playing and running in the same direction, which we could not say last year.  They're playing with confidence and seem to be enjoying it.  The right side of defence looks week, it'll be targeted next match for sure.  There is a gap that can be taken advantage of between the right CB and ZBG.  They need to learn to play together, Struna did not look better than Waterman, the same gap was evident.  Need Binks back, I just hope he doesn't take Miller's spot, he's looked like the most solid CB. 

CFM still beating the odds and showing depth.  Midfield with Wanyama - Hamdi - Mihailovic looks very impressive. 

CFM nor the Impact never had the passing statistics they're putting up under Nancy.  They're also looking capable of playing different systems against different teams.  Impressive stuff thus far.  I haven't enjoyed their games this much in a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Acid-Tone said:

Top of the Eastern conference! 

They got a big road win, Pantemis gets the shutout, and they're looking like a much better team than they ever did under Henry!

Or Garde for that matter.  The depth is the most impressive part, lineup keeps getting mixed up and they're still performing.  I'm absolutely loving Nancy thus far.

Yeah Nancy really does seem like the real deal, hoping this continues 🤞

The one wish I have is Waterman over Struna. Waterman can make some defensive mistakes but if you can offset those his ball playing ability really shines.

Also: Sunusi Ibrahim looks like he can be quite the player

Edited by Chad_Impact

3 hours ago, costarg said:

Or Garde for that matter.  The depth is the most impressive part, lineup keeps getting mixed up and they're still performing.  I'm absolutely loving Nancy thus far.

Also need to mention Renard's role here, he's the man behind the curtain.  

10 minutes ago, costarg said:

Also need to mention Renard's role here, he's the man behind the curtain.  

He’s quietly been very good.

I never agreed with the pundits and depth the impact have a lot of depth. Wasn’t expecting them to be this strong though.

1 hour ago, Chad_Impact said:

The one wish I have is Waterman over Struna. Waterman can make some defensive mistakes but if you can offset those his ball playing ability really shines.

I'm sure it'll happen, the slower players (ie: Struna) tend to accumulate cards pretty quick.  Camacho has been keeping it clean, but we all know his tendency for brain farts, it's just a matter of time.

Even with Binks returning soon, I'm confident we'll see good rotation.  Nancy definitely likes to mix it up.

That being said, the middle-D and senior role seems to suit Camacho.  I'd say he's more responsible when given more responsibility.  I'd hate to see a dip in his form when Binks comes back.  I'd expect to see Binks in the middle with MIller left and Camacho right.  Hopefully they mesh well.

7 hours ago, wallflower said:

In a back four

Miller - Binks - Camacho - Waterman

Waterman not a CB. Maybe his strength is best served in a right fullback role. Struna 3rd CB.

I have a hard time seeing them move away from the back 3, their roster is built on this setup. 

Besides outside of Orlando, Miller is a CB.