Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

CFM make first anti-vaxx driven trade. Canada rules means anti-vaxx players can't make it back to Canada without long isolation.

Crew desperate for a warm body but not fussy about him having antibodies. DeLeon next?

Edited by red card

22 hours ago, wallflower said:

Give a journeyman a break. There are loads of them in the league. They provide stability and sanity.

My comment has nothing to do with his soccer prowess.  CFM - and society in general - are better without him, purely based on his uninformed and/or uneducated decision.  

Edited by costarg

8 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Anybody catch the game tonight?  Seemed… eventful.  

A night for the history books, I was at ready to hang Wanyama and Pantemis for gifting Cincinnati 2 goals within the first 14 minutes. Talk about bonehead mistakes, Wanyama often coughs up the ball for no apparent good reason and last night didn't waste any time doing it on Cincinnati's first and then Pantemis in his quest for idiot of the night exposed his two left feet and his feat will be shown across the soccer world dug the team into a 2 goal deficit.

However I felt CF could recover as Torres in his first ever start had all ready smacked the cross bar and was on fire. he tied up the game on 34 minutes so I was getting happier and then bang bang all hands decided to dig another trench by the 46th minute had made it 4-2 to the bad guys WTF.

Now coach Nancy had to do something so he brought on Hamdi and 15 minutes later Toye is awarded a penalty and Montreal were on fire with Hamdi finishing off a combo play with Torres 2 minutes later 4-4.

As Cincinnati continued to crumble it was Hamdi who finished them off scoring in the 87th. 

Torres was spectacular hitting the crossbar once, twice the goalposts, scoring , setting up Hamdi,  and ripping up the defence all night. 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/competitions/mls-regular-season/2021/matches/mtlvscin-07-17-2021/

3 hours ago, mtlfan said:

A night for the history books, I was at ready to hang Wanyama and Pantemis for gifting Cincinnati 2 goals within the first 14 minutes. Talk about bonehead mistakes, Wanyama often coughs up the ball for no apparent good reason and last night didn't waste any time doing it on Cincinnati's first and then Pantemis in his quest for idiot of the night exposed his two left feet and his feat will be shown across the soccer world dug the team into a 2 goal deficit.

Neither of the early two goals made the halftime highlight package of the Caps broadcast

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Moldy9 said:

Damn I can’t stand David Gantar. He’s one of the worse referees and always gives red cards to the impact. What a clown. He is the Chris Lee of Canadian soccer referees. 

Agreed. The absolute worst referee I have seen in 50 years of watching the game. Initially I wasn’t sure if it was him since he’s finally ditched the stupid grin he always wore while defiling the beautiful game. A disgrace to this country yet still, somehow, he’s allowed to keep reffing. Many terrible decisions against TFC and Canada, but the match that I remember him best was Brazil vs. Honduras where he totally lost control as usual. The Brazilians should have sued him for reckless endangerment. An embarrassment.