Montreal MLS Team 2021 Season

Big_M

2 hours ago, reggietfc said:

maybe 2 or 3 of the canadians are cmnt quality

Even if that is the case, they are doing it while being a somewhat successful MLS side. We need depth like this in the future. We need to continue the growth of our player pool.

Edited by Macksam

59 minutes ago, Macksam said:

Even if that is the case, they are doing it while being a somewhat successful MLS side. We need depth like this in the future. We need to continue the growth of our player pool.

and so are tfc...not all of them play for tfc,but they are  products of the academy

Edited by reggietfc

• 2 weeks later...

That was another fun game, with great performances from the Canadians. 7 Canadians this time, just makes me love this team even more!

Piette was outstanding. Pantemis looks to be growing into the starting keeper role with some massive saves. Choiniere has claimed the starting spot and doesn't look like he'll give anyone a chance to take it away anytime soon, while also showing some serious CONCACAF spirit and latin blood. Miller and Waterman are getting the job done.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh hi everyone. Check out my latest clip on the one and only Camacho not so macho man. Made after yesterday’s game. Soon there’ll have to be a montage of his greatest hits and blunders which probably wouldn’t be hard to collect since he balances it out in the same game. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Enjoy!

Edited by Moldy9

2 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

Oh hi everyone. Check out my latest clip on the one and only Camacho not so macho man. Made after yesterday’s game. Soon there’ll have to be a montage of his greatest hits and blunders which probably wouldn’t be hard to collect since he balances it out in the same game. 🤦🏻‍♂️ Enjoy!

Been very good of late.  Also seems not willing to resign at the moment.  Rightly so deserves to explore options.  

2 hours ago, Ruud said:

Been very good of late.  Also seems not willing to resign at the moment.  Rightly so deserves to explore options.  

He’s a bit better. Not as many mistakes and good defensive moves but he still does make bad plays and it’s not just small ones. I find him more a liability than Cabrera. Anyways he also commands a high price, I say let him go. 

I was really hoping that Montreal makes the playoffs.  I have liked all year how Nancy has them playing and I really have appreciated the amount of Canadians they have been playing as well.  I thought the fact they stayed in the hunt at the beginning of the year when they were playing away from home would mean they likely would clinch a spot when they were able to play regularly at home for the second half.  It doesn't seem to have worked out for them (I guess there is still a little hope).

Montreal is in the drivers seat despite the recent results. Houston and Orlando are beatable and with 2 wins Montreal is in playoffs.

Hopefully Quioto will be back along with Wanyama and that should be enough to get the offence going.

I do admit I love the drama of the Voyageur Cup competition more than the MLS regular season. This year a TFC Mtl final will be barn burner should it happen.

Montreal has built some depth into the roster so no matter what happens this year the future looks bright.

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

Does this mean the Impact name is coming back?

Nothing on the name or ultras coming back yet. 

I think what they'll do is bring back the ultras, then in the off-season bring back the name. Probably a new logo too, one that is actually based on community/fan feedback.

Edited by Chad_Impact